PDA

View Full Version : UCD v CCFC preview

pete
21/11/2002, 4:29 PM
fai.ie

In Belfield Park, Cork City will also be hoping to keep the pressure on Bohemians with a victory over a resurgent UCD (Kick off 7:45).

The students have started earning favourable results recently and manager Paul Doolin believes that they must continue to do so. "We will try and get out of our current position by playing football. I think we have been unlucky regularly this season but the win over Drogheda and the draw with St Pat's, when we should have won, show we've turned the corner."

UCD expect to name an unchanged side as do Cork City, meaning Colin P O'Brien will once again partner John O'Flynn in attack with George O'Callaghan operating in midfield.

------------------------------

Resurgent might be overstating it a bit?

Schumi
21/11/2002, 4:47 PM
Originally posted by pete
Resurgent might be overstating it a bit?

Yeah, I was just thinking that. 5 points from 4 games isn't that brilliant. The point is (I think) that our performances have been better and we've scored a few goals. 'Resurgent' is a little excessive but 'improved' would certainly be justified. Even a point would be good from this to keep the momentum going and get off the bottom.

pete
21/11/2002, 6:06 PM
Anyone know if they (stewards/officials) let me bring my bike into the Belfield Bowl?

Might help with my transportation options......

UCD_4_Life
21/11/2002, 6:24 PM
It's possible that we could beat Cork considering their less than brilliant away form.

If we did then we actually would be 'resurgent', 8 points from 5 sounds quite good to me. If Drogheda don't show up tomorrow does that mean that they would forfit and give Pat's the 3 points?

Schumi
22/11/2002, 10:06 AM
Anyone know if they (stewards/officials) let me bring my bike into the Belfield Bowl?

I don't know, you'd have to ask the rugby guys about that.:D

As for bringing it into Belfield Park, I don't know. You could chain it up outside somewhere. It seems to be fairly safe, a few people do that for most games.

The Drogs seem to have sorted out their $hit (for today at least) so their game seems to be going ahead.

pete
22/11/2002, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
I don't know, you'd have to ask the rugby guys about that.:D

As for bringing it into Belfield Park, I don't know. You could chain it up outside somewhere. It seems to be fairly safe, a few people do that for most games.

Bowl, Park whats the difference ;)

Cheers anyway although i've taken the lazy option motorised option...

pete
22/11/2002, 3:12 PM
2002 Cork City 3-2 UCD

2002 UCD 1-0 Cork City
2001 Cork City 0-2 UCD
2001 UCD 1-1 Cork

2001 Cork City 2-1 UCD
2000 UCD 0-0 Cork City
2000 Cork City 2-1 UCD

2000 Cork City 1-1 UCD
1999 UCD 2-2 Cork City
1999 Cork City 1-0 UCD

1999 UCD 2-2 Cork City
1998 Cork City 1-2 UCD
1998 UCD 0-1 Cork City

Schumi
22/11/2002, 3:39 PM
2001 Cork City 2-1 UCD
Was that game not 2-2? Did I just imagine Eoin 'Danger' Bennis scoring in the last couple of minutes after blatently shoving the Cork keeper out of the way? Maybe it's been retrospectively disallowed.

UCD_4_Life
23/11/2002, 12:56 AM
U.C.D. 1-0 Farmer City

I didn't actually see who scored the goal, I think it was "T-Bone" McDonnell.

In other results Bray lost the $hel$ 2-1 and Drogheda (most likely cheated) drew with St.Pat's 1-1.