PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Reccomendations for the Club meeting if you cannot attend

gustavo
05/01/2007, 10:51 AM
Put your questions/recommendations here for the Club meeting if you are unable to attend and hopefullly they will get answered

Bravo
1. I would like to see better collaboration & communication with supporters through supporters clubs.
2. I would like to see openness and accountability in relation to all financial dealings of the club e.g. Weekly budgets, expenditure and revenue (incomings and out goings)
3. I would like to see more diverse representation on all committees.
4. I would like to see the club re-branded, marketed & made more appealing (make it fashionable).
5. I would like to see a fulltime administrator appointed to run the day to day affairs & promote the club.
Guts and Glory
6. More structured system for big match days main stand useage, ticket with seat numbering and the like.
7. Promote the club more at Schools/Rovers in the Community by reinvigerating the day trips to games with hosting 5 a side games/coaching/ training days etc. at the club. You get one child wanting to go to a game after these events and you will get at least one parent with them.
8. What are other clubs doing home and abroad to entice people to games? What works for them may work for us.
(Some clubs abroad do one parent two kids entry second child goes free initiatives.)
sligoman
9. If true that Liam Burns was interested in staying with us, why were the board not quick enough to enter into talks with him about a new contract?
feo123
10. how come we were unable to keep Conor O'Grady because he wouldnt commit full time when he was still part time last season?
11. What does Richard Sutherlands role at the club entail?
akearins
12. A schoolboy/girl junior supporetrs club established to cater for the 13-17 age range.We have super reds and adult supporetrs but nothing to cater for thsi age group.
13. A debate and feasibility study in the construction of a club house.
14. An establishemnet of a commitee of qualified and experienced personnell to target a long term marketing startegy and advertising.
15.Mercahandisng to got to tender annually
16.Debate on the disbanding of the co-op in order to atract investors
17.More public meetimgs with the 5,9 supporters who keeps the club alive yet has no input into decsion making.
londonred
18. If training arrangements are been changed to focus on the younger players coming through , what happens if these players make the senior squad and are then unable to train during the day due to college/work commitments?
MerrvilleUnited
19. The Possibility of the Club Leasing a Pub in town as the official pub, Clubhouse in absentia, (Hear the Brewery could be up for grabs! IDEAL!) in the meantime to provide a direct method of increasing revenue.

Guts&Glory
05/01/2007, 1:48 PM
Put your questions/recommendations here for the Club meeting if you are unable to attend and hopefullly they will get answered

Bravo

1. I would like to see better collaboration & communication with supporters through supporters clubs.
2. I would like to see openness and accountability in relation to all financial dealings of the club e.g. Weekly budgets, expenditure and revenue (incomings and out goings)
3. I would like to see more diverse representation on all committees.
4. I would like to see the club re-branded, marketed & made more appealing (make it fashionable).
5. I would like to see a fulltime administrator appointed to run the day to day affairs & promote the club.

Good points Bravo re Point 5 hopefully they admit that this role is Sutherlands job as I think he should be.

6. More structured system for big match days main stand useage, ticket with seat numbering and the like.

7. Promote the club more at Schools/Rovers in the Community by reinvigerating the day trips to games with hosting 5 a side games/coaching/ training days etc. at the club. You get one child wanting to go to a game after these events and you will get at least one parent with them.

8. What are other clubs doing home and abroad to entice people to games? What works for them may work for us.
(Some clubs abroad do one parent two kids entry second child goes free initiatives.)

sligoman
06/01/2007, 3:48 PM
If true that Liam Burns was interested in staying with us, why were the board not quick enough to enter into talks with him about a new contract?

feo123
06/01/2007, 11:22 PM
the obvious ones in a way....how come it was unable to keep our best player (arguably) beacause he wouldnt commit full time when he was still part time last season and IMO was one of out better players!? its all been well documented on here but no real real answers as od yet from the cvlub i dont think just that they want everyone full time but im sure there was room for 2 or 3 part timers!?
And, ask what the role of sutherland is...and why do the club pay him? just to run 2 camps a year for kids is it? just would like to know beacuse he does F**k all else!

akearins
09/01/2007, 10:29 AM
As welcome as this meeting on the "future of the club" I cannnot see any major changes being adopted, fingers crossed I am wrong and will stand corrected.But with the current structure of the club any changes to the club will need to be decided by the shareholders which would need an EGM and tonight cannot decide on any changes.

A lot of what has already been written on this thread would be welcome by all fans no doubt.
Personally i woud like to see
1. A schoolboy/girl junior supporetrs club established to cater for the 13-17 age range.We have super reds and adult supporetrs but nothing to cater for thsi age group.

2. A debate and feasibility study in the construction of a club house.

3. An establishemnet of a commitee of qualified and experienced personnell to target a long term marketing startegy and advertising.

4.Mercahandisng to got to tender annually

5.Debate on the disbanding of the co-op in order to atract investors

6.More public meetimgs with the 5,9 supporters who keeps the club alive yet has no input into decsion making.

Just my thoughts...

dublinred
09/01/2007, 12:45 PM
If training arrangements are been changed to focus on the younger players coming through , what happens if these players make the senior squad and are then unable to train during the day due to college/work commitments.

MervilleUnited
09/01/2007, 2:33 PM
13. A debate and feasibility study in the construction of a club house.

The Possibility of the Club Leasing a Pub in town as the official pub, Clubhouse in absentia, (Hear the Brewery could be up for grabs! IDEAL!) in the meantime to provide a direct method of increasing revenue.

Rory H
09/01/2007, 2:58 PM
The Possibility of the Club Leasing a Pub in town as the official pub, Clubhouse in absentia, (Hear the Brewery could be up for grabs! IDEAL!) in the meantime to provide a direct method of increasing revenue.

if the Brewery was turned into a Rovers pub id move in!....its a bit out of the way but it would make a whole lotta money!