PDA

View Full Version : The mission begins- 2 tickets for slovakia.

billybunter
05/01/2007, 12:57 AM
I dont know if this post is appropriate or not, but will give it a go. I am going home for the Slovakia game in March (currently live in FL,USA) and I have no idea how I would even go about getting 2 tickets. I was a regular in landsdowne from 86 through 94,(veteran of euro 88, Malta 89 - unfortunately chose to do my leaving cert in 90 and missed Italia - one of my biggest regets in life!!) but then moved to the states, and unfortunately have not had much chance to get home for a game. I am scared to death of heights, so would prefer a low level seat anywhere in the ground. I would of course pay the going rate for the ticket. I have e-mailed the fai several times - I think they fired the e-mail admin in 2005, and have yet to replace him/her. Any assistance in the search would be most appreciated.

theleprechaun
05/01/2007, 6:07 PM
with croke park being open you will stand a much better chance of getting a ticket. there will have to be a chance for the public to buy tickets because i doubt that the blockbooker and even waiting listers will fill it up. so in my opinion your best bet is to check up with this site regulary. i would imagine that the tickets will probably go on sale through ticketmaster sometime in february. for the lower seats you are talking e70 but you may have to buy tickets for other mathces as well

Green Tribe
07/01/2007, 1:45 PM
i have applied for 4 for each home game, any spares i do receive, i will post on here

GT

billybunter
07/01/2007, 2:48 PM
thanks for the info leprechaun and green tribe. 2007 is already looking like a good year for us "exiles" in the states. if some of the other threads are to be believed (and I have good reason to believe the posts on this site as they are more informative and updated than the official fai goonie site) then it appears we are on track for a few friendlies in the states in May... .

I will keep an eye on things here on a regular basis.

Bluetonic
10/01/2007, 7:55 AM
I have e-mailed the fai several times

Pick up the phone and ring them, they don't bite and the actual ticket office girls are more than helpful.

AidoM
10/01/2007, 8:19 AM
thanks for the info leprechaun and green tribe. 2007 is already looking like a good year for us "exiles" in the states. if some of the other threads are to be believed (and I have good reason to believe the posts on this site as they are more informative and updated than the official fai goonie site) then it appears we are on track for a few friendlies in the states in May... .

I will keep an eye on things here on a regular basis.

If you haven't already done it go into the FAI site and look at the ticket section; they have set out how to apply for tickets for Croker. I would think that they will be able to facilitate all those on the waiting list and I doubt if you could depend on there being any put on sale through ticketmaster (the touts would probably hoover these up anyway :mad: )

It's the old maxim "If you're not in you can't win"

Bluetonic
10/01/2007, 8:23 AM
If you haven't already done it go into the FAI site and look at the ticket section; they have set out how to apply for tickets for Croker.

Eh.....

CROKE PARK
It has been confirmed that Republic of Ireland senior competitive international fixtures will be held in Croke Park in 2007. At the present time there are no finalised details on match tickets for this venue. Please check back here for further details. (Note: Those with block bookings will be notified by the ticket office).

http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=136&Itemid=127

reder
10/01/2007, 10:24 AM
BillyBunter you have no problem picking one up for the Slovakia game. There will be plenty knocking about. Im surprised you didnt recieve a reply for the ticket office, you email info@, I presume.

Anyway you can get tickets for €50 behind the goal. Anyway we will all know what the best spec is for football there in March. Just check here and you will get all the pros and cons for each category.

billybunter
10/01/2007, 11:43 PM
thanks again for the responses. I will try give the fai a buzz - yes - i have been e-mailing the info @fai.ie notice, but no luck.