PDA

View Full Version : Who's coming in?

Pages : [1] 2

DmanDmythDledge
04/01/2007, 12:41 AM
Patrick Sullivan is close to re-signing for us.

Anyone else know of possible arrivals? (NOT RUMOURS)

pineapple stu
04/01/2007, 1:00 PM
Where's you hear that? (And don't say bebo!!!) Would believe it alright - he only left us to try full-time football, so if that hasn't worked, he could well come back to us and he'd be a good replacement for Kav.

No other solid stories, although I would imagine we'd be having a close look at the best players from Shels' youth set up.

DmanDmythDledge
04/01/2007, 1:02 PM
Where's you hear that?
Bebo.:p

Poor Student
04/01/2007, 4:45 PM
Delighted to hear we're in for Sully, assuming he can be as good as he was which it's possible he won't. Mahon said he wanted to bring in 3 experienced players to supplement the current squad a few months before last season ended in the College Tribune. Unfortunately a lot of good available players have been snapped up already. By the time the bigger vultures have picked the meat off Shels' decaying carcus there'll probably be nothing left for us except the youth players as Stu suggests.

CollegeTillIDie
05/01/2007, 6:38 AM
Poor Student... with Shels going part time,some of their Under 21's might prefer education to pure part-time football. It'll be great to have Patrick Sullivan to fill in while Podge recovers from knee surgery.

Schumi
05/01/2007, 2:35 PM
By the time the bigger vultures have picked the meat off Shels' decaying carcass there'll probably be nothing left for us except the youth players as Stu suggests.We'd hardly have managed their wage demands anyway and there'll be less demand for other available players if there are loads of Shels players on the market.

John83
08/01/2007, 10:59 AM
Patrick Sullivan is close to re-signing for us.
Yay! I'm a fan. Good player. Between him and Hurley, Tony, Crowley and Finn, Ryan and Doyle, we should have a good midfield next year, whether we keep Dicker or not.

Poor Student
08/01/2007, 11:04 AM
You can throw Harte and Podge (eventually) into that mix.

To be honest I'm not sure what's going on. Do we know at this stage if the likes of Alan McNally, Crowley, Keith Doyle have renewed their contracts?

Given that a few of our rivals seem to be disintegrating and other haven't made too many leaps and bounds I'd actually be reasonably optimistic about next season if we can hold onto everyone but the ones already touted for departure.

John83
08/01/2007, 11:08 AM
You can throw Harte and Podge (eventually) into that mix.
I still think of Harte as a reserve, and Podge as a forward!

DmanDmythDledge
16/01/2007, 4:37 PM
We've signed Brian King from Kilkenny. Anybody know much about him?

Schumi
16/01/2007, 4:46 PM
He's a midfielder is the extent of my knowledge.

pineapple stu
16/01/2007, 6:38 PM
Isn't he Noel King's son?

CollegeTillIDie
16/01/2007, 8:09 PM
Brian is Noel King's son, I know him personally since he was around 8 , and he is a good player. He also is beginning his coaching career and while he was in School coached Stella Maris's Women's team. So it looks like being a coach runs in the family. Might eventually be an EL Coach at some stage.

When he gave that up to concentrate on his leaving the team went to pot! Great to have him on board.

Poor Student
16/01/2007, 8:59 PM
What age is he and what's the source of his signing?

Any updates on Sully's resigning?

pineapple stu
16/01/2007, 9:15 PM
Wait - does this mean Noel himself will be coming to games again? :eek:

Maybe the disco ties should make a reappearance?

Student Mullet
17/01/2007, 6:48 AM
Maybe the disco ties should make a reappearance?The disco tie has been upgraded and is now actually a tie, not a piece of cut up bedsheet.

ForzaWexford
17/01/2007, 11:01 PM
Noel played for the Eircom League in the U-18 Interleague All-Ireland Final against Wexford in 2005.....which means he was more than likely born in 86. Played a good game too, very intelligent footballer.

pineapple stu
17/01/2007, 11:03 PM
Noel King born in 1986? :D

I assume you mean Brian?

ForzaWexford
18/01/2007, 12:25 AM
Noel King born in 1986? :D

I assume you mean Brian?

Ah feck. You assume correctly.

Poor Student
18/01/2007, 12:20 PM
I ask again, what's the source of Brian King's signing? From what I can see he's a Shels player?:confused:

Student Mullet
18/01/2007, 12:49 PM
I ask again, what's the source of Brian King's signing? From what I can see he's a Shels player?:confused:According to my inside sources he was meeting with UCD last night but hasn't signed anything.

Aberdonian Stu
19/01/2007, 10:34 AM
Was this "a source close to UCD"?

John83
19/01/2007, 3:39 PM
Was this "a source close to UCD"?
Perhaps hovering about twenty metres over the campus at the time?

pineapple stu
19/01/2007, 7:25 PM
I was talking to Maccer today, by the way. He said no-one's definitely come in or gone bar Pat Kavanagh (didn't know about Brian King at the time). He doesn't yet know what's going to happen with Daz and Gaz, but we should be starting next season with most of last year's squad anyway.

DmanDmythDledge
20/01/2007, 12:21 AM
I was talking to Maccer today, by the way. He said no-one's definitely come in or gone bar Pat Kavanagh (didn't know about Brian King at the time). He doesn't yet know what's going to happen with Daz and Gaz, but we should be starting next season with most of last year's squad anyway.
He needs to get my inside scoops.;) Also Shane something will be signing.

CollegeTillIDie
21/01/2007, 4:04 PM
That Shane something is "some" player ;)

Student Mullet
21/01/2007, 10:43 PM
Was this "a source close to UCD"?A source close to bebo.

John83
23/01/2007, 7:41 PM
Keith Doyle is taking a year out of football according to the College Tribune. Dunno if anyone's mentioned that before.

Poor Student
27/01/2007, 8:53 PM
They haven't. It's a big blow if you ask me, he stabilised the highly problematic left back role. Puts us back to square one. Any idea why he decided to do this?

CollegeTillIDie
27/01/2007, 9:15 PM
..... probably wants to go somewhere like AUS bleedin TRALIA !

Poor Student
27/01/2007, 9:21 PM
..... probably wants to go somewhere like AUS bleedin TRALIA !

By all accounts he seemed to have had a poor 18 months before signing for UCD, a terrible season at Rovers and the demise of Dublin City. He did well to nail down a place at UCD following a terrible start with that bad injury. It seems stupid to take a break when he had his footballing career back on track.

CollegeTillIDie
27/01/2007, 9:26 PM
Poor Student

Well said ! However the answer to the left back problem might be in house. Alan Mahon played left back in his first couple of seasons at Belfield. He has also played sweeper. So there's an answer possibly!

pineapple stu
27/01/2007, 9:59 PM
Conor Kenna to left-back, McNally and Shortall at centre-half.

Alternatively, Damien Kelly, Billy-Bob (although I think his injuries are reaching chronic at this stage) or Aaron McEniff.

CollegeTillIDie
27/01/2007, 10:05 PM
Aaron McEneff? Is he still around?

DmanDmythDledge
27/01/2007, 10:06 PM
Aaron McEneff? Is he still around?
Had a nasty metertasal injury last year and now has metal plates in his foot. He is still out of action.

Poor Student
27/01/2007, 10:44 PM
Poor Student

Well said ! However the answer to the left back problem might be in house. Alan Mahon played left back in his first couple of seasons at Belfield. He has also played sweeper. So there's an answer possibly!

Alan Mahon isn't even good enough for right back, let alone left back!

I hate seeing Kenna wasted at left back. While Shorthall is an able deputy, a defence with Kenna and McNally in the centre and Keith Doyle on the left was very strong and well balanced.

Student Mullet
28/01/2007, 8:43 AM
However the answer to the left back problem might be in house.Or maybe immediatly outside of house?

http://www.petitiononline.com/Micko/petition.html

CollegeTillIDie
28/01/2007, 1:48 PM
Or maybe immediatly outside of house?

http://www.petitiononline.com/Micko/petition.html

I thought he'd signed for Finn Harps?:confused:

pineapple stu
28/01/2007, 8:22 PM
I hate seeing Kenna wasted at left back.
Thought Kenna was very solid at left-back last season when he played there. Certainly better than in 2004!! I woudn't have a bother putting him there for the season; Shortall's come on a lot in the last year too and would be well able to partner Allie Mac.

Haven't heard anything about Micko signing for Harps though?

John83
01/02/2007, 1:53 PM
Thought Kenna was very solid at left-back last season when he played there. Certainly better than in 2004!! I woudn't have a bother putting him there for the season; Shortall's come on a lot in the last year too and would be well able to partner Allie Mac.
That will work, and I don't think Poor Student will disagree, but Kenna is a very good centre half, and merely a decent left back. If we can put him in the middle, we should.

DmanDmythDledge
01/02/2007, 3:41 PM
If we can put him in the middle, we should.
I disagree. You have to do what's best for the team. Shorthall CB and Kenna LB would be better than Kenna CB and Ryan LB.

Burnsie
01/02/2007, 4:00 PM
was i imagining it or did kenna put in some strong performances at right back towards the end of last season?

John83
01/02/2007, 4:08 PM
was i imagining it or did kenna put in some strong performances at right back towards the end of last season?
Yeah, he did well there while Mahon was injured.

Dman, obviously we have to pick the strongest back line. We're just arguing that we'd much rather see someone step up at left back and free Kenna to play in the middle than the alternative. If there's no one else good enough, he'll be played there.

Poor Student
01/02/2007, 4:51 PM
Dman, obviously we have to pick the strongest back line. We're just arguing that we'd much rather see someone step up at left back and free Kenna to play in the middle than the alternative. If there's no one else good enough, he'll be played there.

Pretty much sums up my position. He's an adequate left back but a good right back and superb centre half. Keith Doyle was a better left back than Kenna and Kenna's a better centre back than Shorthall, hence the disappointment with the situation.

DmanDmythDledge
28/02/2007, 4:29 PM
Players in so far:

Gregg
Sully
McCaul
O'Reilly

Anyone else we're signing? We've lost a good few more players than what we've brought in.

pineapple stu
28/02/2007, 5:14 PM
Today's Irish Times reports Shels hav signed O'Reilly. :confused:

DmanDmythDledge
28/02/2007, 5:15 PM
Today's Irish Times reports Shels hav signed O'Reilly. :confused:
FFS:eek: :rolleyes: Did the club confirm that as being official?

Rumours on the Longford forum that they've signed Sully.

pineapple stu
28/02/2007, 5:19 PM
Sully was expressly confirmed as not official, but I was told I could put it on the website as it may as well be complete.

Maccer couldn't remember yer man's name, but knew who I was talking about and didn't say anything about him not signing. Very strange one, that. It's clearly the right name from the photo on the Bohs forum.

De Town
28/02/2007, 9:29 PM
Sullivan has signed for us and played 90 minutes for us tonight against Athlone.

DmanDmythDledge
28/02/2007, 9:40 PM
Sullivan has signed for us and played 90 minutes for us tonight against Athlone.
That's a kick in the balls.