PDA

View Full Version : Shelnron

CharlesThompson
03/01/2007, 10:48 PM
I was just watching a documentary on More 4 about the building up of and the subsequent demise of Enron and I couldn't help but correlate the story with a certain Irish football club.

Very basically - while Enron were busy building their share prices over the mid to late 90's they were doing so fraudulently by dodgy and illegal accounting practices and by holding competitors and even some States (California) of the U.S. to ransom.

While the line is somewhat blurred there are definately some associations to be made especially regarding the underhandedness of both situations it seems. Oily Byrne admitted on national radio tonight that Shelbourne (Shelnron) were in fact and have been in fact living beyond their means. By admitting to this, is he by extension admitting to increasing the ante on players wages so that he priced other clubs out of the market so that he could get his hands on players that other clubs coveted?

Somebody from somewhere in some authority of either the game of football in this country or sport in general should really take a closer look at this man and do something about it.

Many, many people have been vocal about the questionable goings on and forewarned the great deluded worshippers of the slobbering one for more years than I care to remember. In fact I wonder now will they still question the tag - Heads in the sand - as was so eloquently used many times when describing these poor fools over the years.

If any of you Shelnron supporters out there have any respect for your club, then you will be down there tomorrow demanding that Oily step down from his position. You will be speaking with the Rovers supporters and getting advise from them as to how they sorted out the mess that was there club and you will start again.

Raheny Red
04/01/2007, 2:17 PM
Nah I'm going with Enbourne, Shelnron are scum!

wws
04/01/2007, 3:48 PM
I was just watching a documentary on More 4 about the building up of and the subsequent demise of Enron and I couldn't help but correlate the story with a certain Irish football club.

Very basically - while Enron were busy building their share prices over the mid to late 90's they were doing so fraudulently by dodgy and illegal accounting practices and by holding competitors and even some States (California) of the U.S. to ransom.

While the line is somewhat blurred there are definately some associations to be made especially regarding the underhandedness of both situations it seems. Oily Byrne admitted on national radio tonight that Shelbourne (Shelnron) were in fact and have been in fact living beyond their means. By admitting to this, is he by extension admitting to increasing the ante on players wages so that he priced other clubs out of the market so that he could get his hands on players that other clubs coveted?

Somebody from somewhere in some authority of either the game of football in this country or sport in general should really take a closer look at this man and do something about it.

Many, many people have been vocal about the questionable goings on and forewarned the great deluded worshippers of the slobbering one for more years than I care to remember. In fact I wonder now will they still question the tag - Heads in the sand - as was so eloquently used many times when describing these poor fools over the years.

If any of you Shelnron supporters out there have any respect for your club, then you will be down there tomorrow demanding that Oily step down from his position. You will be speaking with the Rovers supporters and getting advise from them as to how they sorted out the mess that was there club and you will start again.

Shelnron is the worst play on word ever!

Jerry The Saint
04/01/2007, 3:58 PM

I like 'ShEnron' or 'Shel-ron' better. With the latter Ollie could be 'Shel-Ron Hubbard'.

One things for sure, no one will ever make a documentary about him and call it 'The Smartest Guy in the Room'.

RĂ©iteoir
04/01/2007, 4:55 PM
What about - "OllieByrneton (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halliburton)" - being allowed to operate in whatever way they see fit and such from the paymasters on the top table of Delaney's lot.

CharlesThompson
04/01/2007, 6:31 PM

I know what your saying mate. I played around with Shenron or Shelron and I was tired and it was time to go to bed. Ah hell! Did you read the bloody article?

Dodge
04/01/2007, 6:34 PM
No, the pun put me right off...

Ronnie
05/01/2007, 8:06 AM

Come off it - Shels are not an isolated incident - over the last 10 years only 2 or 3 clubs have not been in severe difficulty and operated way over their budgets. Although, Shels and Bohs are responsible for the massive spiral in wages since 2000.

BohsPartisan
05/01/2007, 9:27 AM
Come off it - Shels are not an isolated incident - .

And neither were Enron. They are just the most extreme examples possible of rotten systems.

Ronnie
05/01/2007, 9:42 AM
And neither were Enron. They are just the most extreme examples possible of rotten systems.

True.

passerrby
05/01/2007, 6:40 PM
charles you have got to get out more often