PDA

View Full Version : Glen Crowe!!!

Xlex
19/11/2002, 3:28 PM
Does anyone else feel the absolute joy I feel when I read the line out against greece

Macy
19/11/2002, 3:31 PM
Assuming he plays well - if he looks out of his depth it will be a disaster.....

Éanna
19/11/2002, 3:40 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Does anyone else feel the absolute joy I feel when I read the line out against greece
ditto. Come on the jackdaw :)

Real ale Madrid
19/11/2002, 4:31 PM
I'm with Macy

If he looks out of his depth then it won't be good news and will give that fupping baxtard Proddy Collins more amunition.

However I think he will do ok. If he scores then I will go delerious, it will mean further call ups and people will start to take notice of the eL.

The coverage of the eL the last few days had been tremendous.
Reports on Crowe on SS News and channel 4
The excellent eL weekly on tv3.
It is a huge week for the public image of the eL. great.
:)

Shed End John
19/11/2002, 4:33 PM
Originally posted by Macy
Assuming he plays well - if he looks out of his depth it will be a disaster.....

Obviously, and that wally Dunphy will have that much more ammunition (see yesterdays copy of The Star). On the other hand a good performance and even a goal or two (am I asking too much here?) would be a MASSIVE victory for the eL.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
19/11/2002, 4:34 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
If he looks out of his depth then it won't be good news and will give that fupping baxtard Proddy Collins more amunition.

However I think he will do ok. If he scores then I will go delerious, it will mean further call ups and people will start to take notice of the eL.
agree with ya there

Shed End John
19/11/2002, 4:51 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
it will mean further call ups and people will start to take notice of the eL.

As much as I would love to be made eat my words and be proved spectacularly wrong, a reality check is needed. This is the one and only chance for an eL player to be capped. The new manager will most likely be someone with no knowledge of the eL and no desire to know about it. Besides, when do you think the next time will be that 11 players withdraw from the squad? As nice as it is, a capped eL player is happening through force of circumstance as much as anything else.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Real ale Madrid
19/11/2002, 4:56 PM
Agreed Shed end john, but I'm not saying eL are going to form the backbone of the national team as a result of Crowe scoring a goal but it might make people sit up and take notice and lead to a few more call-ups in the future for those that deserve it

pete
19/11/2002, 5:24 PM
I wouldn't say the greatest thing ever but nice to see all the same + i might actually go the pub for this game which i certain;ly would not have if Crowe & Houlihan not called up.

We've seen some poor performances by irish forwards in the past so Crowe doesn't have much to lose. Hes playing alongside Doherty so looks like be Crowes job to collect a few knock downs & hopefully won't have to deal with high balls too much.

The irish squad is fairly light on forwards & i think only has Keane, Morrison & Connolly as top three, Doherty if you want to include as reconverted forward. Sadlier, Barrett & maybe Alan Lee would the second string which i suppose Crowe would be competing with?

Currently Crowe has probably just moved into at best 5th & at worst (include Duff & Doherty) 8th choice forward so its up to him to try to move up the order.

patsh
19/11/2002, 6:02 PM
Originally posted by Shed End John
Obviously, and that wally Dunphy will have that much more ammunition (see yesterdays copy of The Star).

What did the piece of monkey spunk scribble?

gustavo
19/11/2002, 10:00 PM
if glen does do well and i hope to god he does then id love to see what that twát dion fanning will have to say for himself in the sunday independent

Xlex
20/11/2002, 8:17 AM
.. nobody knew I supported the eL... Muppets at work giving me ****... I'm not even blowing the guy's trumpet,just hoping they'll be plesently surprised... but the numbnuts are coming to me and saying oh its only cos 11 called sick and what about alan lee... blah blah blah.... fcuk every ole ole merchant.... I hope the cap for Glen gets 50 more school kids to Flancare next time Bohs are in town...

Colm
20/11/2002, 4:16 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

What did the piece of monkey spunk scribble? Basically Dunphy said that there is no way they should have been called up because they are playing in a sub-standard league and do not deserve the honour of playing for their country.

fcukin muppet:mad:

Shed End John
21/11/2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by oddboy

What did the piece of monkey spunk scribble?

Something about it being an empty, needless gesture by Givens, Crowe not being good enough and the eL being a substandard league.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
24/11/2002, 5:58 PM
"a good player in a substandard league" or something is what he called him. Dunphy´s just a bitter old p¡sshead who still can´t get over the fact that he failed at rovers :rolleyes:

Schumi
25/11/2002, 10:31 AM
Surprisingly enough Dion Fanning in yesterday's Indo said he should keep his place.