PDA

View Full Version : Ollie Byrne to step down

chippie0001
01/01/2007, 10:32 AM
Heard this last night and thought it was a joke but the Sun run an article today that a deal has been struck between Finbar Flood and a mystery investor to run Shelbourne. As part of the deal Ollie will continue to own the club but will no longer run it. The deal is conditional on Byrne taking a back seat and costs will be reduced. I heard the investor is Ossie Kilkenny who now owns Tolka but the paper does not state this.

iceman
01/01/2007, 11:37 AM
Did Oily jump or was he pushed?

Aaron
01/01/2007, 12:59 PM
Jeez i'm prayin this happens. Irish football will be a better place without goin to court every so often

garyderry
01/01/2007, 1:31 PM
Jeez i'm prayin this happens. Irish football will be a better place without goin to court every so often

well if he is still going to own $hel$ you can bet he still will jump to court every opportunity

Aaron
01/01/2007, 1:44 PM
Well if reports are true i'd say the others will want to run it their way and hopefully dont go to court or to great lengths to get their own way

pete
01/01/2007, 5:29 PM
The only way Oily wouldn't be involved is if he sold up completely. He would be incapable of letting someone else run it on day to day basis.

The Sheliban
01/01/2007, 6:43 PM
Again, don't understand the fuss?

Ollie's being talking for a while now about stepping down, but hasn't been able to find anyone trustworthy enough to do so.

Dodge
01/01/2007, 7:02 PM

He's a major figure and there's talk of him leaving. Thats newsworthy. Even the less well known administrators (Jim Roddy etc) would be talked about if there were newwspaper articles saying they were leaving...

OneRedArmy
01/01/2007, 8:15 PM

Ollie's being talking for a while now about stepping down, but hasn't been able to find anyone trustworthy enough to do so.Nothing to see here, move along now etc......

IIRC Ollie has been looking for an investor, not to step down.

Also, I look forward to his attempts to get an investor and remain $hel$ "owner". People tend not to shovel cash into something without at least getting some control over their investment. Particularly when the incumbent is a criminal with a dodgy record of dealing with the tax authorities.

A face
01/01/2007, 9:16 PM

Cos photographers nationwide breath a collective sigh of relief !?!

Seriously, the cringe factor was off the scale with the amount of courtroom activity. I suppose it was admirable the way he fought tooth and nail but the end most definitely did not justify the means, infact this situation would define that.

pineapple stu
01/01/2007, 9:47 PM
IIRC Ollie has been looking for an investor, not to step down.
True. Don't think he's ever mentioned anything about stepping down himself.

As I recall, there was a thread when Brian Lennox stood aside as Cork chairman. Don't see why different rules would apply to Shels...?

Oh, wait...

higgins
01/01/2007, 10:10 PM
Ollie is not moving anywhere,
Theres some talk of him not running the whole show, thats all...

If it does happen (far from sorted) then he will still be around to annoy the lot of you :)

Drumcondra Red
02/01/2007, 11:37 AM
Ollie said years ago that if somebody came along and had Shelbourne's best interests in mind, he would step aside, it would seem it might be getting closer to that, this is not new news!!!

Of course Higgins, our heads are in the sand and we don't know whats going on in our club *sarcasim*

higgins
02/01/2007, 12:22 PM
he would step aside, it would seem it might be getting closer to that,

I don't think we are anywhere near that to be honest..

The latest talk is him allowing someone else to do the job he has been doing. He will remain owner of the club. He is not moving anywhere from what I can see, sideways maybe but how long that lasts for is anyones guess.

Drumcondra Red
02/01/2007, 12:28 PM
In fairness now Higgins, I would count that as stepping aside...

OneRedArmy
02/01/2007, 7:34 PM
Interesting posts on Shelsweb that Ollie may have again been talking through his cakehole about an imminent deal.

I'll repeat again, I can't see an investment (assuming that it is a not a property deal) without at least some control being relinquished.

Cash generally equals equity.