PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back O'Grady (bbog)! petition!

feo123
29/12/2006, 6:56 PM
lads, sign this if ye want to see conor ogrady back in the showgrounds next year, a very very valuable player IMO! copy and paste maybe?!

1. Colin Feehily

Midgit
29/12/2006, 7:37 PM
What is this meant to do? Bring him back?
Not a chance mate!

sligoman
29/12/2006, 8:44 PM
Try this:

http://www.petitiononline.com/BBCOG/petition.html

SligoBrewer
29/12/2006, 8:52 PM
done.

feo123
29/12/2006, 9:14 PM
good lad sligoman

Red4Eva
29/12/2006, 9:25 PM
any of those online petitions aren't worth a sh*te. i think rob has his heart set on the training regime so he's not gonna change it to fit in o'grady & havin o'grady training with the under21s wud be daft. dunno why conor is so keen on stayin with union foods i doubt he gets paid that much to give up the opportunity to go full time

sligoman
29/12/2006, 9:35 PM
dunno why conor is so keen on stayin with union foods i doubt he gets paid that much to give up the opportunity to go full timeI can see where he's coming from though. He's probably thinking of his future after football. Premiership footballers in England can most likely afford to live on what they make from football after they retire, unfortunately over here, they wouldn't have that luxury.

Red4Eva
29/12/2006, 9:59 PM
I can see where he's coming from though.

i would understand it more in mcnamara's case cos he's got a better job with bigger prospects but sales rep for union foods wouldn't be that great salarywise(i'm guessin)

Red&White Rover
29/12/2006, 10:43 PM
how ridicoulous is this...a petition to bring a fans favourite back...what next a flag?:D

cillit1928
30/12/2006, 12:19 AM
did anyone read tommy gormans article in the champion about goin full time now tommy may not be a football expert but he sure has a bit of common sense or wateva ya wan call it to his name! and surely c.o.g. would be taken back wit open arms valued asset, i know it wouldnt make a great example makin a exception among other players, an rob unlikely to go back on his word, but surely if all else fails come start season, it shud be a correct decision to ask em back. id imagine he wud be happy an willin to train once a day wit less wages for his home town, with all due respect it beats junior football at end of day and would also bring in some well needed local support which is badly needed!!! bottom line o grady for part time!!!

1 9 2 8
30/12/2006, 11:48 AM
He's gone get over it lads;)

SligoBrewer
30/12/2006, 11:53 AM
He's gone get over it lads;)

o'grady?

he's not fully gone yet..

Rory H
30/12/2006, 2:22 PM
theres no point doing a petition really

the fact remains there isnt one person in sligo who thinks letting go players cos they are part time is a good idea ....in fact its probably the stupidest thing you can do when you take over as manager...not only is he alienating the people of sligo from the club because we will have only a couple of players from sligo next year but we are also losing one of our best players,a proven premier division player,a fans favourite, a player who cares about the club and well he is the kind of player you want on your team,not against you.

if we arent doing well at the start of the season the pressure will be on rob because of this poliicy on part time players,and if o grady signs for someone there is no turning back

if he has any sense he will swallow his pride and offer him a part time contract....but i cant see it happening

Red4Eva
30/12/2006, 3:22 PM
if he has any sense he will swallow his pride and offer him a part time contract....but i cant see it happening

raf's gonna be part time. i don't think any1's being fair to rob in this situation. rob has said he wants to be judged on the young players that are coming thru in 2-3 years. he obviously has a lot of confidence in his ability to coach young players & it would not be possible to give them proper coaching at any other time during day than in the evening therefore senior team trains during the day. this set up suits raf cos he can work whenever he wants probably but o'grady can't. ye can have it 1 of 2 ways: (a) the youth set up is a shambles with u21 teams travelling to monaghan with 9 players including richard sutherland&a foot.ie member and getting hammered 7-0. all best young players being neglected and going to galway and despising our manager. (b) have what hopefully will be 1 of the best youth systems(integrating youth&junior sides form surrounding counties) in the country with talented locals coming into the 1st team in a cupla years. one extremely unfortunate sacrifice for plan b is the loss of conor o'grady.

i don't think it has anything to with rob's "pride", he has repeatedly said that conor is a huge loss and he's very dissappointed to lose a good player and good person like conor. i believe he's being honest and i'm hoping rob isn't a lying arrogant b*stard like the last manager. i'm sure if he could accomodate conor in is his plans he would do it

gustavo
30/12/2006, 5:08 PM
I agree with Red4Eva , It wasnt like he wanted rid of Conor , it was more that he sees full time football as being the best way forward for the club , and presumed that Conor would accept what he himself admitted was a very good offer from the club to be a full time professional footballer. As for alienating people of Sligo by only having a couple of local lads on the team , I dsont recall attendances being too shabby during the Willy McStay/Lawrie Sanchez era and their teams werent exactly bulging with local talent.

Midgit
30/12/2006, 10:53 PM
did anyone read tommy gormans article in the champion about goin full time now tommy may not be a football expert but he sure has a bit of common sense or wateva ya wan call it to his name! and surely c.o.g. would be taken back wit open arms valued asset, i know it wouldnt make a great example makin a exception among other players, an rob unlikely to go back on his word, but surely if all else fails come start season, it shud be a correct decision to ask em back. id imagine he wud be happy an willin to train once a day wit less wages for his home town, with all due respect it beats junior football at end of day and would also bring in some well needed local support which is badly needed!!! bottom line o grady for part time!!!

I read dat article! Its a billiant artice!
He said exactly what thoughts i have about the new manager and what he is doing!

avvenalaf
31/12/2006, 1:05 PM
I read the article as well and he is living in Fairyland. While I don't want to see Conor O'Grady leave the club, the fact of the matter is that the top four clubs last year were full time professional and were some distance ahead of Rovers so much as we might like to live in Tommy's utopian world of the seventies, reality bites.

SligoBrewer
31/12/2006, 1:28 PM
I read the article as well and he is living in Fairyland. While I don't want to see Conor O'Grady leave the club, the fact of the matter is that the top four clubs last year were full time professional and were some distance ahead of Rovers so much as we might like to live in Tommy's utopian world of the seventies, reality bites.

exactly... we have to go full time eventually

redrov2005
31/12/2006, 1:32 PM

Not strictly true that Top 4 were fully professional. Gary Beckett who is in line for player of the year works as a postman in Enniskillen. Yet Derry saw the value in retaining him.

As far as i know Peter Hutton has a day job as well. The truth of the matter is that if the player is good enough he should be facilitated. One area of concern has to be Rob's lack of knowledge of the league. I mean Raff came back which is great, but has Rob ever seen him play?

Also Rovers should be looking for Irish players as well. Someone earlier said it was hard to attract Irish players to Sligo. That's rubbish. Professional players will go where they have to because that's the nature of football.

gustavo
31/12/2006, 1:45 PM
Well maybe so but I meant in that statement part time Irish players that play in the top teams we havent really been able to attract them in the past.

Midgit
31/12/2006, 2:41 PM
I signed it but i cant see how it is going to help bring him back!!!
Can anybody tell me how we can actually try and bring him back?

Red&White Rover
31/12/2006, 6:06 PM
I signed it but i cant see how it is going to help bring him back!!!
Can anybody tell me how we can actually try and bring him back?

kidnap him, put a bag over his head and lock him up until he signs the full time deal....