PDA

View Full Version : One out?

pineapple stu
29/12/2006, 8:32 AM
The transfers thread (http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?p=596771#post596771) notes James Hussey has joined Bray. If it's true and if Quigley's gone as well, we're left with no keepers at the moment (Clohessey left mid-season). So either Gally's coming back or we'll be finding the next B international from scratch...

CollegeTillIDie
31/12/2006, 8:40 AM
Well maybe Quigley's not gone yet.....

DmanDmythDledge
31/12/2006, 3:47 PM
Well maybe Quigley's not gone yet.....
For **** sake Quigley is ****ing gone.

And Gallagher is a UCD player at the moment as his loan has ended.

CollegeTillIDie
02/01/2007, 8:40 PM
For **** sake Quigley is ****ing gone.

And Gallagher is a UCD player at the moment as his loan has ended.

Never write anyone off until THEY ACTUALLY sign for someone else!

DmanDmythDledge
02/01/2007, 11:29 PM
Never write anyone off until THEY ACTUALLY sign for someone else!
He has said he won't be signing for UCD again.

CollegeTillIDie
03/01/2007, 6:14 AM
When and what paper was it in?

DmanDmythDledge
03/01/2007, 2:22 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/falkirk/6203020.stm

Quigley, who has played for Ireland B and the Under-21 side, said: "I am out of contract, so I've been across in England for a couple of trials.

"I am now at the stage where I am looking to get into full-time football and I know coming to Falkirk is a big chance for me.

Schumi
03/01/2007, 9:03 PM
Bit in the Herald tonight saying that he'll be here for pre-season training anyway. The Spanish move fell through and there hasn't been an offer from any of the other clubs yet. Says something like he "might even be with UCD next year", very much doubt it myself.

Poor Student
04/01/2007, 4:47 PM
Sounds like Quigley is being patient and very much willing to wait for the move that suits him, I'm glad to see him being so wise. There's no great rush to leave UCD now or in one year's time although I'd be very surprised if someone won't come in for him between now and the season's start. I'd be delighted to see him stay one more year. The less key players we lose in a single off season the better.

CollegeTillIDie
05/01/2007, 6:41 AM
Well that was what I was trying to get across to dmand that just because players go on trial does not necessarily imply that they are gone. He wouldn't be the first player to return to Belfield chastened after not being taken on having gone on trials cross-channel. Merely the highest profile player so far.