PDA

View Full Version : Starting 11?

braysnumber1
28/12/2006, 2:37 PM
so going on new signings what wud brays strongest 11 be???

if the positions are correct this is what i would play:

Skippy

Gough; Delaney; Derek Tyrell; Cronin:

Cawley; Caffrey; Tresson; David Tyrell;

Franco; Fox.

any other suggestions?
Not sure about the bohs duo - positions and ability
but imo we need a new striker to partner franco.

dublinwanderer
28/12/2006, 2:40 PM
i'd drop fox and put in o'shea, broderick or even lacy. fox not up to much lately.... agree need a new striker who will get us goals...

is Rogers defo gone? if he isnt he'd play ahead of skippy - best keeper in squad huge loss if he goes...

braysnumber1
28/12/2006, 2:46 PM
i'd drop fox and put in o'shea, broderick or even lacy. fox not up to much lately.... agree need a new striker who will get us goals......

those young lads have very little experience, fox has loads of experience. the club needs to sign forward that will score goals.

not sure wot the situation is wit rogers though hope he stays.

BrayUnknowns
28/12/2006, 4:29 PM
Yeah Rogers is gone, Bohs have signed him. Very good keeper and would have loved if the club had resigned him - cause we all know goalkeeping isn't our strongest point ! Collie james has left aswell, signed pro for Galway, nother loss to the club IMO. James Hussey on the other hand has signed for the club as back up to skippy, i think his last club was UCD.

superfrank
28/12/2006, 4:42 PM
Too early to be picking my first 11. I'd like to see if we sign anymore players, I think we will. Rogers is a good keeper but it has to be said he didn't do any better then Skippy did when he played. If two "good" keepers don't stop the goals going in surely the problem lies elsewhere.

Also Skippy's about 5 or 6 years younger then Rogers so he's still got a lot of developing to do. After all he's only 21.

centre mid
28/12/2006, 4:55 PM
How many of the 21's could come in?

BrayUnknowns
28/12/2006, 7:42 PM
And a keeper of 21 is not good or experienced enough to be playing in nets for a premier division side on a regular basis, especially with a shakey defebnce in front of him, it does no one any good ! there is the rare exception with the likes of Quigley though, but comparing O'Conner and Quigley would be silly !

Of the U21's i reckon at least 6 or 7 of them will be in the squad next season (Ivory, Manley, Lacey, Gartland, O'Shea, Broderick etc...)