PDA

View Full Version : Phantom FM

joema
27/12/2006, 5:22 PM
Just heard of this station recently, cant get it on the radio as I dont live in Dublin but started to listen to it o the net - quality, finally a radio channel which plays good music constantly. Any of ye listen to it? What ye reckon?

BohsPartisan
28/12/2006, 8:32 AM
It has only recently returned. It was about before with temp licences and possibly the odd stint as pirate. Used to listen to it constantly when I lived in Dublin in the good old days. Have it on in the car anytime I'm in it since you can pick it up in Drogheda. Certainly is a breath of fresh air when compared to the pap that gets played on all the other stations 90% of the time. IMO its lost some of its vitality since it got its full licence as it is required to have a certain amount of talk/news and they just put filler in for that.

SligoBrewer
28/12/2006, 6:01 PM
what type of music does it play?

Beavis
29/12/2006, 2:12 PM
Its a definite breath of fresh air alright but there is far too much talk during the day. Plays any 'quality' music but its generally indie/rock n' roll/alternative genre. There is a hard rock/metal and a stadium rock shows aswell though and probably others I've not come across.

Neish
05/01/2007, 11:34 AM
What frequency is it on, and can it be got up north?

Macy
05/01/2007, 1:52 PM
It has a Dublin only licence, so much the same coverage as the likes of 98fm. Used to listen to it all the time when I lived in Dublin when it was a pirate years back, haven't really got into it since it's officially been broadcasting - out of range where I live unfortunately.

Neish
05/01/2007, 4:09 PM
Ah well its hardly as good as Highland radio especially The Packie Bradley show

paul_oshea
05/01/2007, 4:18 PM
highland radio haha!!hehe

was originally a metal/hard rock but like all stations sold out to indie and alternative. years since i listened to it, but i did like it at the time. my brother was telling me its available on t'internet?

CollegeTillIDie
06/01/2007, 9:53 AM

105.2 FM I think in or around that and they are streaming online , one of the other posters here may have a link failing that use www.google.ie and key in Phantom FM you should get to it that way.