PDA

View Full Version : Bray sign Delaney from Derry

Roo69
27/12/2006, 3:20 PM
Bray Wanderers have secured the services of big central defender Clive Delaney.

The former UCD, St Patricks Athletic and West Ham player was released just before Christmas by new Derry City manager Pat Fenlon. He had joined City under Gavin Dykes at the start of the 2004 season. more (http://www.braywanderers.ie/content/view/714/)

EXCELLENT signing by the club :D

pineapple stu
27/12/2006, 3:32 PM
You what?!

Excellent signing; possibly the best of the pre-season by any club so far (considering how few signings there have been). May have to revise my prediction of Bray to be relegated next year now!

Eoingull
27/12/2006, 4:14 PM
Great stuff...fair play to Eddie with his closed-season signings. He's not doing things by halves, and 2007 could be a very exciting year at the Carlisle.

higgins
27/12/2006, 11:26 PM
Excellent signing; possibly the best of the pre-season by any club so far (considering how few signings there have been).

Thats going a little far !
The peno count is sure to go up, thats for sure...

He's not that good, not at Derry anyway.

pineapple stu
28/12/2006, 5:55 AM
Having watched him at Belfield for four or five years, I disagree. Quality player. Would have gladly had him back at Belfield, but I suppose we're well enough covered at the back with Kenna, McNally, Shortall and McDonnell. You'd be happy of a player of Delaney's calibre next season, I'd say!

OneRedArmy
28/12/2006, 9:52 AM
Jekyll and Hyde type player.

On his day, there's nobody better, as he is very comfortable with the ball at his feet and is a good passer of the ball.

BUT he's almost guaranteed one atrocious clanger every other match and he has a complete inability to attack a header. As he's so tall he has grown accustomed to not needing to jump to head balls away. Unfortunately when that is translated to free kicks and set pieces, his inability to jump means he heads the ball straight up in the air more often than not.

All that said, he's certainly better than what Bray have already.

Dodge
28/12/2006, 10:24 AM
Rubbish for us. Will cause havoc in opposition area though

dublinwanderer
28/12/2006, 2:41 PM
great signing. its about time the club got their act together and signed a new defence. we've had the worst defence for the last cuple of seasons - devo did **** all to sort the problem. well done eddie

superfrank
28/12/2006, 4:38 PM
He's certainly better then what we had in that position last season anyway.

centre mid
28/12/2006, 4:52 PM
Think thats a really good aquasition, good solid defender big presence in the opposition box, althought bit of a 50p head sometimes alright, happy enpugh though

BrayUnknowns
28/12/2006, 7:39 PM
Lads, compared to McGovern and Roche he is like Cannavaro

centre mid
30/12/2006, 10:55 AM
Lads, compared to McGovern and Roche he is like Cannavaro

:rolleyes:
POTM