PDA

View Full Version : Penalty Takers.

rebel yell
07/07/2001, 9:32 PM
Let's have nominations for Cork's penalty-taker this season. I think Flanagan should now take them until he starts to miss. Or
perhaps Morley should be forgiven his earlier intertoto miss but maybe only as second choice taker.

fonzi
07/07/2001, 10:03 PM
fLANAGAN FOR EVER! LAD JESUS ID SAY SKIPPY MIGHTNT EVEN GET ON THE TEAM THIS SAEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FLANAGAN HAD A REALLY GOOD GAME SINCE HE CAME ON AT HALF TIME AND HE COOLY SLOTTED AWAY THE PENNO TOO!

jbrazil
07/07/2001, 10:09 PM
yeah, who needs lennon! the scottish league is hyped up to be a lot better than it is.

fonzi
07/07/2001, 10:14 PM
I AGREE jOHSON AND sUTOON WERE COMPLEATLY TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME BY DECCIE DALY.!COME ON THE CITY!!!!

sean1_3
08/07/2001, 2:09 PM
Yeah, Petta was scared silly by Alan Carey.

Pablo
08/07/2001, 2:12 PM
despite the fact that he's a hot tempered little fecker he'd always be in my team. The midfield without Flanagan lacks bite. and he cant half take a spotter.

pete
09/07/2001, 9:15 AM
I think everyones surprised just how good a penalty taker Kelvin is. I'd guess he has maybe 1 out of 10 saved/missed?

IMO Kelvin should be first choiuce in the middle of the piitch. He may not be the fastest or most skillful but every team needs a destroyer in the middle + hes useful defending set pieces & a decnet corner taker.

Neil
09/07/2001, 9:24 AM
Originally posted by rebel

IMO Kelvin should be first choiuce in the middle of the piitch. He may not be the fastest or most skillful but every team needs a destroyer in the middle + hes useful defending set pieces & a decnet corner taker.
I think you're right. Although I'd rate Herrick a technically better player, Kelvin is more consistent of late. And his ability to score spot kicks is valuable. I'd have him there with O'Grady.

rebel yell
09/07/2001, 4:49 PM
Here's one for theanoraks then. Since Cork's inception who's scored the most from the spot- and who has had the most misses
( not missusses) .

pete
09/07/2001, 5:37 PM
I'd probably say Kelvin as I know for the 1st half of the 90's must have been about 4-5 years or something without a penalty? Then a couple of years ago Kelvin probably had 5 or 6 in one season?

Otherwise I'd go for Skippy as i'm sure he was the peno taker in the olden days ;) + hes been around for year 'n years!

Ali-G
10/07/2001, 8:59 AM
..........although I remember before that barren spell of penalties from 90 to 95, Johnny C used to take them. I (think I) remember he got 2 penos in one match against St. Pats up in Inchicore about ten or eleven years ago. But, I still reckon Skippy is top penalty scorer.
innit,
Ali-G