PDA

View Full Version : Metalurgs progs

tonybooth
07/07/2001, 7:20 PM
Mid June, I sent the Club a punt cqe to cover cost + postage for a copy of each of the programmes/teamsheets for the 2 legs v Metalurgs. No reply. Was a prog produced for each leg ? Or a teamsheet ? With whom exactly should I take up the situation ? Is there a programme editor who can liaise with the Club secretary ? Is Turners Cross the proper address for correspondence to the Club ? As Chairman of the Republic of Ireland Soccer Supporters Club ( London ), every game is an away game for me and I haven't been able to get to a City Euro game since Cwmbran. I collect Irish Euro progs and would really like to follow up my missing cqe / goods with the right person / people. Looking forward to your reply.

joe
07/07/2001, 7:32 PM
There was a programme (of the usual high standard) for the home match, while a team sheet was produced for the away leg.

Gerry Desmond, who has been known to post here, is one of the programme editors and will probably be able to point you in the right direction - I believe Noel O'Mahony is now secretary(?).

Turner's Cross is probably your best bet for trying to contact the club, though how long any correspondence sent there takes to get to the appropriate person is anyone's guess.

Gerry Desmond
10/07/2001, 10:41 AM
Hi, Tony!
I'm one of the City prog eds, as Joe pointed out. Don't know what happened to your letter, but I certainly didn't receive it anyway altough post to Turners Cross c/o the prog eds usually IS passed on to us.
It's possible that somethings went astray as the club changed secretaries around that time, though I know that's not very consoling for you! This is the resposibility of the club secretary, however, plain and simple.
I think the Metalurgs issue may have sold out on the night, but I will try and track one down for you. If you want, I can include a piece in our next issue that you are looking for a spare copy and someone may be able to help you. Contact me if you want me to do this, as I would also need your postal address.
As Joe also pointed out, there was an issue, albeit basic, for the away game. Very few of these have surfaced in Cork as (a) not many people travelled to Latvia and (b) most of those who did go didn't regard it as a 'programme' :o(
If I can be of any further assistance, contact me directly.
Gerry

Gerry Desmond
10/07/2001, 10:45 AM
My email address is:
gerrydesmond@hotmail.com

Sorry about that omission!
Gerry

Leonard
10/07/2001, 11:31 AM
I bought around 20 of them in Latvia for about10p and handed them out. I was talking to Finbarr at the Midleton Bohs game and he was saying they'd found someone to do colour photocopies of the programme for the players and people who didn't get one. If you can get your hands on one, it's well worth it just to see the player's names in Latvian.
I thought it was also better than the home one as it didn't get bogged down in pointless nostalgia (sorry Gerry, havn't been able to get a dig in in ages).
Noel O'Mahoney is the secretary, but he is useless.

Gerry Desmond
10/07/2001, 11:49 AM
Thanks, Leonard! In fact it didn't seem to get bogged down in anything!!
Gerry

Gerry Desmond
12/07/2001, 10:41 AM
...I had a mail from Tony and he has now received the home issue from the club. So somebody there is handling enquiries after all, even if a little belatedly! :D
Gerry

Leonard
12/07/2001, 1:19 PM
Well done, City. The biscuit is in the post.

Gerry Desmond
12/07/2001, 1:34 PM
Now, now, Leonard!
I only mentioned it as we are always quick to point out what they don't do or what they don't do well! So even if it was a wee bit tardy, at least they looked after the customer!
Gerry