PDA

View Full Version : City v De Town preview

pete
15/11/2002, 4:34 PM
[fai.ie]

Following last week's 4-1 hammering by Shamrock Rovers at Richmond Park Cork City boss Liam Murphy is considering major changes in the structure of his starting line-up as he prepares for Saturday's eircom League Premier Division clash with Longford Town at Turners Cross (Kick off 7:00).

Alan Reynolds returns after a one match ban but fellow midfielder Conor O'Grady, who also missed the Rovers game, is again ruled out by a hamstring injury. With Shelbourne's game against Derry City postponed on Friday night because of a flooded Tolka Park pitch, Cork have the chance to move into second place in the table on their own.

"Rovers outplayed us in every department on Friday. We gave away a number of silly goals but I won't blame out defence. The whole team played poorly and as yet I haven't decided on how many changes to make," said Murphy.

Longford will be without central defender Tom Silke because of an ankle ligament injury which caused him to be substituted after 15 minutes in last Friday's 1-0 defeat by St Patrick's Athletic at Flancare Park. Former Coventry City man Barry Ferguson, back after a one match ban, is the automatic replacement for Silke.

Otherwise manager Alan Matthews keeps the same side as for the St Pat's game with new signing from Shamrock Rovers Sean Francis again teaming up with Eric Lavine in attack.

"We gave away a silly goal against St Pat's when Paul Osam scored from a set-piece on the hour. But we have worked on that department during the week and hopefully a win would take us up to a comfortable middle of the table position," said Matthews.

---------------------------------------------------------

Should be interesting to see what

major changes in the structure of his starting line-up
will be...

I'd like to see team like:

Devine
Hoggie, Bennet, Murray, Gaz
Warren, Greg, Reynolds, Billy (dispite recent poor form)
George, John O'Flynn

We have very few options anyway - its just the (lack of) away day tactics is costing so dearly. The team badly needs leadership from the touchline.

Éanna
15/11/2002, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by pete
Cork City boss Liam Murphy is considering major changes in the structure of his starting line-up
that used to mean changing hartigan´s partner :rolleyes:

Originally posted by pete
"as yet I haven't decided on how many changes to make," said Murphy.
for that read "I can only make one or two changes, cos I´m not on speaking terms with half of the players, but Deccie will start for sure" :rolleyes:

James
15/11/2002, 5:22 PM
Originally quoted from gunther
We gave away a number of silly goals but I won't blame out defence.

hahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaaa

was he not watching the match or something

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahah

Éanna
15/11/2002, 5:25 PM
Yeah, precisely who the flamin **** do you blame for conceding silly goals, other than your defence? A floodlight? :rolleyes:
Anyway, maybe he couldn´t see all of the match cos they put him out at the wrong angle at the start of the game :eek: