PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk see sense

eamo1
23/12/2006, 5:18 PM
this statement is taken from the FAI website,dundalk finally acknowledged that they signed up to the process and have to abide by its conclusion.
FAI welcomes Dundalk's satisfaction with IAG process

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Saturday, 23 December 2006 Section: eircom League

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Football Association of Ireland welcomes Dundalk Football Club's expression of satisfaction with the Independent Assessment Group process. In interviews with local media today Dundalk CEO Gerry Matthews, who also owns the club, said he was satisfied with the system for selecting the 12 teams who will participate in the 2007 Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division.

Mr Matthews' comments follow meetings this week with Eircom League of Ireland chairman Paddy McCaul, vice-chairman Eamonn Naughton, FAI Chief Executive John Delaney and the chairman of the Independent Assessment Group Des Casey.

“Having spoken to the League, FAI and IAG I am quite happy and content that everything was done above board,” said Mr Mathews.

FAI Chief Executive John Delaney said: “We welcome the news that Dundalk Football Club are now satisfied that the Independent Assessment Group operated in a proper fashion.

“We now look forward to working with them to develop the game in the Dundalk area by offering them our assistance, advice and co-operation so they can realise their ambitious plans,” added Mr Delaney.

ENDS

Louth4sam
23/12/2006, 6:01 PM
this statement is taken from the FAI website,dundalk finally acknowledged that they signed up to the process and have to abide by its conclusion.

The Football Association of Ireland welcomes Dundalk Football Club's expression of satisfaction with the Independent Assessment Group process. In interviews with local media today Dundalk CEO Gerry Matthews, who also owns the club, said he was satisfied with the system for selecting the 12 teams who will participate in the 2007 Eircom League of Ireland Premier Division.

Mr Matthews' comments follow meetings this week with Eircom League of Ireland chairman Paddy McCaul, vice-chairman Eamonn Naughton, FAI Chief Executive John Delaney and the chairman of the Independent Assessment Group Des Casey.

“Having spoken to the League, FAI and IAG I am quite happy and content that everything was done above board,” said Mr Mathews.

FAI Chief Executive John Delaney said: “We welcome the news that Dundalk Football Club are now satisfied that the Independent Assessment Group operated in a proper fashion.

“We now look forward to working with them to develop the game in the Dundalk area by offering them our assistance, advice and co-operation so they can realise their ambitious plans,” added Mr Delaney.

ENDS

Read the last paragraph, what would have happened if we didnt accept?

mcgonigle
23/12/2006, 6:12 PM
Read the last paragraph, what would have happened if we didnt accept?

Promotion/Relegation would be suspended every year Dundalk earned promotion :rolleyes:

CharlesThompson
23/12/2006, 6:21 PM
Are the FAI now a new user of this form of pursuasion (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_techniques)

Celdrog
23/12/2006, 6:52 PM
Its a pity they didn't see sense two weeks ago - that poor Christmas tree wouldn't have bought it off Maaaaxi then:D

SeanDrog
23/12/2006, 7:22 PM
Dudalk hadn't a chance, the fuel bills were killing them.

Cosmo
24/12/2006, 2:31 PM

ENDS

Maxi must feel like a right proper tit now :rolleyes:

dundalksarge
25/12/2006, 7:23 AM
Maxi must feel like a right proper tit now :rolleyes:

He always was a tit in the eyes of dundalk fans , noting has changed. Move onwards and upwards.

passerrby
29/12/2006, 3:24 PM
Promotion/Relegation would be suspended every year Dundalk earned promotion :rolleyes:

one last time there was no promotion /relegation last year it was decided before the league began and your club supported it so move on.

jebus
29/12/2006, 6:10 PM
one last time there was no promotion /relegation last year it was decided before the league began and your club supported it so move on.

Haven't we had enough of this argument yet? You say tomatoe, we say we prefer competitive sports

mcgonigle
02/01/2007, 2:37 PM

Lighten up Passerby, it was a joke, think you need to move on now, old news , but I'm sure your stalking the dundalk forums at this min, scouring for a fresh topic to jump on, god speed!!

Conor H
02/01/2007, 2:56 PM
Haven't we had enough of this argument yet? You say tomatoe, we say we prefer competitive sports

Yee won't be seeing much of that any time soon..

jebus
03/01/2007, 12:39 PM
Yee won't be seeing much of that any time soon..

I could just sit in on Galway's negotations with (say) Sligo next year over who has the best hot dogs, and hence who deserves the 3 points more, but then again I'm not a Galway fan, and so don't see that as the way things should be won :rolleyes:

TommyT
04/01/2007, 6:05 PM
Just cos Dundalk signed up to it doesn't make it right

Magicme
09/01/2007, 9:14 AM
I could just sit in on Galway's negotations with (say) Sligo next year over who has the best hot dogs, and hence who deserves the 3 points more, but then again I'm not a Galway fan, and so don't see that as the way things should be won :rolleyes:

Galway & Sligo's hotdogs (if they have any) are nothing compared to Mondogs so if promotion is based on that next year.....yippeee Mons in the bigtime!

Ash
09/01/2007, 9:54 AM
Galway & Sligo's hotdogs (if they have any) are nothing compared to Mondogs so if promotion is based on that next year.....yippeee Mons in the bigtime!

I dunno ... Kilkenny do a pretty good hotdog ... or should that be Cat Dog :)

Magicme
09/01/2007, 9:56 AM
stop it Ash, ur in severe danger of being uninvited to my house.....:p