PDA

View Full Version : fans Forum?

Gary
15/11/2002, 2:13 PM
Who of you are actually going to go, and who of you will actually have any questions to pose?

I know my first Question will be as to the whereabouts of Gunther.

having said that, it realy wouldnt surprise me if it was chaired by Noelle and Stephen O Callaghan, thereby making the entire excersize pointless.

Éanna
15/11/2002, 2:24 PM
Obviously won´t make it as I´m still in Spain, i´d be intrigued to know how it goes. I expect Lennox and Murphy to turn up and fulfil the purpose of the forum. I know Lennox´s appearance at the SC meeting went down very well with many of those who attended. It wouldn´t surprise me if murphy put forward a feeble excuse for a no-show as he has done at least once before. But he should turn up- if he has a plan for the team which we don´t understand, then he should have the sense to show and explain/outline his plans, and he should be afforded the courtesy of doing that without abuse or hassle- BUT if he does fail show up, then it is surely another nail in his coffin.

Gary
15/11/2002, 2:28 PM
No matter what your opinions on Gunther, i believe, that if he does show, there should be no aggressive questions, as they would probably be counterproductive.

pete
15/11/2002, 2:33 PM
Originally posted by GWA
No matter what your opinions on Gunther, i believe, that if he does show, there should be no aggressive questions, as they would probably be counterproductive.

I agree. Holding it in a pub may not encourage that though....

Éanna
15/11/2002, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Yeah. If people want to grill him questions such as
1. "What direction are you taking the team in?"
2. "Where do you see the team this time next year?"
3. "Can we still win the league- if not, why not?"
4. "Why is our away form so poor- whats being done to remedy that?"
5. "Why do we have such a high turnover of players?"
6. "Why was Mulligan let go?"

9pointdeduction
15/11/2002, 2:39 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Most likely he´d try and slap ya like he done to de last fan who critisized him

Dricky
15/11/2002, 2:45 PM
I would agree with that totally Eanna, Liam and Brian now have the right to reply, although they have the right to reply here as well but then they don’t, it is a forum and not a debate, Gunthers plans for the team may not even be up for discussion, if that is the case then it should be taken up with BL who is meant to run the club. If he won’t entertain these type of questions there are ways of making sure he does
one voice for one question would be ideal, anyone going should meet up before hand and plan what they wish to ask to ensure the same questions are not going to be ask again and again try to plan on how ye expect the meeting to go both good and bad, also finding out what the agenda is as well (if not from CCFC than try the FAI). Who is chairing the meeting? This will be of use as I don't think we are going to get all the answers but if getting points put on an agenda (if there is one) will ensure an answer, if they won't put the point on it, then it's something to take further without ranting and raving.

If they don't have an agenda well a letter handed to BL requesting a few answers would work but if it is done in a professional way and not done as an attack on any individual. They are well paid to run the club and run it they must with all the abuse that comes with it which is now part of the modern game but I do feel that they should be offered the respect of courtesy when they are at this forum, anyway we have message boards to rant and rave on.

Éanna
15/11/2002, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
They are well paid to run the club and run it they must with all the abuse that comes with it which is now part of the modern game but I do feel that they should be offered the respect of courtesy when they are at this forum, anyway we have message boards to rant and rave on.
That´s the key to it. Anything abusive or nasty will just give them perfect grounds to ignore fans in future. Above all we need to make sure that no-one does anything stupid, which would jeopardise the moral high-ground those against murphy now have.

Colm
15/11/2002, 3:11 PM
Originally posted by Dricky
Who is chairing the meeting?Not totally sure but the impression I got was that it will be Paul Lennon and Mark McCadden of the star.

Éanna
15/11/2002, 3:15 PM
I think it was someone from the Star alright

pete
15/11/2002, 4:23 PM
I presume the club will publicise that forum meeting at the match tomorrow night in some way?

Éanna
15/11/2002, 4:56 PM
Originally posted by pete
I presume the club will publicise that forum meeting at the match tomorrow night in some way?
you mean they haven´t had gunther on telly imploring his beloved fans for a nice cosy chat already :eek: :)

James
15/11/2002, 5:19 PM
ok if anyone has any questions to ask and they cant make the meeting if they wrote them down here or pm'd me then i will ask the questions to gunther of brian lemmox and report the answers back here the next morning

james

Éanna
15/11/2002, 5:29 PM
Originally posted by James
ok if anyone has any questions to ask and they cant make the meeting if they wrote them down here or pm'd me then i will ask the questions to gunther of brian lemmox and report the answers back here the next morning

james

any of the following :)

Originally posted by Éanna

Yeah. If people want to grill him questions such as
1. "What direction are you taking the team in?"
2. "Where do you see the team this time next year?"
3. "Can we still win the league- if not, why not?"
4. "Why is our away form so poor- whats being done to remedy that?"
5. "Why do we have such a high turnover of players?"
6. "Why was Mulligan let go?"
particularly 2, 3 and 5.

shedite
16/11/2002, 11:13 PM
Mulligan's the big issue for me. 1-1 tonight and there was no subs to bring on. In the whole squad, Colin T. was the most attack minded.

I mean Mullligan's full time. We have to pay him till the end of his contract or give him a pay-off anyway. And he's no good to anyone till the end of the season anyway.

He had just bought a house in Douglas this summer too. Selling him makes no sence to anybody!!!

patsh
17/11/2002, 9:42 AM
I feel that Gunthers comments about not being able to win the league are the worst thing.
It seemed the whole team felt the same way last night.
It was just like we were fulfilling the fixture and playing out the season.
I bet he won't show up though. He heard what was being shouted at him last night.
Interesting to see B. Lennox make a point about winning the league in the program.
I just cannot see how Lennox's progressive, optimistic and positive attitude can co-exist with Gunthers negativity and throw-in-the towel comments.....:confused:

Éanna
17/11/2002, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
I just cannot see how Lennox's progressive, optimistic and positive attitude can co-exist with Gunthers negativity and throw-in-the towel comments.....:confused:
Yeah, it seems like they´re total opposites in terms of ambition and approach :confused:

Real ale Madrid
17/11/2002, 10:41 PM
Someone said last night that Mulligan was injured and he is elegible to play for city until his contrat runs out.

The main question I would ask Mr. Murphy is why Declan Daly is allowed to participate on the field to a team who is supposed to be challenging for major honours?

Éanna
18/11/2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Someone said last night that Mulligan was injured and he is elegible to play for city until his contrat runs out.
he is eligible, but murphy has told him he doesn´t want him