PDA

View Full Version : Pats game is off

Schumi
15/11/2002, 12:14 PM
The Pats game scheduled for tonight in Richmond Park has been postponed due to the new monsoon season that has started in Dublin. It's provisionally rescheduled for Monday with the Rovers-Derry game postponed.

UCD_4_Life
15/11/2002, 9:42 PM
I really wish that I'd found this out earlier.

I found out looking at a newstand on my way to get the bus to Richmond Park. Which wasn't a very nice surprise I can tell you.

Schumi
16/11/2002, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I thought that might have been a problem. It wasn't publicised all that well.

I thought that it was a possibility on Thursday night so I made sure to listen to the radio on Friday. Glad I did now!

fosterdollar
16/11/2002, 1:07 PM
in all fairness - how thick are yis?! have you not noticed the general mayhem around the city due to the weather. that match was never going ahead :rolleyes:

Schumi
16/11/2002, 1:28 PM
You'd be surprised. Belfield isn't that bad. The rugby game is on today with question of it being called off. I don't know what Belfield Park is like but i wouldn't be all that surprised if it was playable.

UCD_4_Life
16/11/2002, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Magoo
in all fairness - how thick are yis?! have you not noticed the general mayhem around the city due to the weather. that match was never going ahead :rolleyes:

Well, I don't live in Dublin.

fosterdollar
16/11/2002, 2:06 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
You'd be surprised. Belfield isn't that bad. The rugby game is on today with question of it being called off. I don't know what Belfield Park is like but i wouldn't be all that surprised if it was playable.

Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
well i don't live in Dublin

fair nuff, that's true about Belfield park alright. was just in p!ssy mood this morn - needed something to rant about :eek: :)

UCD_4_Life
16/11/2002, 2:42 PM
While we're on the conditions around Dublin, I just saw a picture of Tolka Park on Soccercentral and I have to say I'm stunned.

In another piece of news that's bad for Ireland in general but may end up being good for us is that Drogheda United are in serious financial trouble, to the extent that the players have been asked to take a pay cut and that they are considering that sale of O2 Park in order to stay alive.

fosterdollar
16/11/2002, 5:31 PM
the picture of Tolka in the Indo today is hilarious. The pitch must be in bits underneath :D