PDA

View Full Version : Burns and Flash go to Bohs

avvenalaf
21/12/2006, 3:24 PM
Burns and Manseram set for Bohemians. Dec 21, 1:49 pm
According to a report on the official Bohemians F.C. website, manager
Seán Connor has agreed terms to bring two of his former Sligo Rovers players to join him at Bohs.
The former Rovers boss has shaken hands on deals with defender Liam Burns and striker Darren Mansaram, with contracts expected to be signed in the coming days.
Former Port Vale centre-back Burns, 28, was a central part of the Rovers side that won the 2005 First Division title.
Sean Connor is quoted as saying "Liam has agreed to come to Bohemians and I'm more than happy with that.
"He's a big presence as a defender but can also play football too.
"Darren Mansaram has also agreed to be a Bohemians player, and that's another deal I'm pleased about."
Other former Sligo Rovers players linked with Bohs include midfielders Harpal Singh and Chris Turner

Red&White Rover
21/12/2006, 3:46 PM
Well i'm afraid we knew it would come.

Mansaram has definetely lost all my respect because it's not going over to pursue a career in England like he stated.He lied so he can f*ck off with Connor for all i care.

Burns fair enough, not where'd i'd want him to go and we'll miss but that's life...

gustavo
21/12/2006, 4:09 PM
Surely Mansaram signed a two year contract?

1 9 2 8
21/12/2006, 4:28 PM
Best of luck to Burns. Mansaram can fcuk off with Connor another person to abuse next season I think he had a clause in this contract to get away

SligoBrewer
21/12/2006, 6:42 PM
least he hasn't got singh like he wanted..for whatever reason.

mansaram can f*ck off, liar. back 2 england...:rolleyes:...not good enough for the conference, said it before. noone wants him, thats his problem. 12 goals for rovers isn't goin 2 get back on the bench at tamworth.

burns i still have a bit of respect for, but is seriously dissillusioned if he follows that twit to bohs.

LukeO
21/12/2006, 7:03 PM
a) Bohs don't play in Castleknock
and
b) Castleknock is not a West Brit area

SligoBrewer
21/12/2006, 7:25 PM
now edited...
apologies 2 all from the knock.

Rovers1
21/12/2006, 8:09 PM
a) Bohs don't play in Castleknock

isnt colin farell from there??? :confused:

anyway f7uck Mansaram. id say he knew well he wanted to leave since september, hes a decent player when he wants to be, but no way is he top premier standard. dissapointed burns left, great player!
will Rovers get € from these deals??

The Stars
21/12/2006, 8:31 PM
Dont think we will get money,thats why Sean only got those 2.
Singh and Turner are still under contract with us,so a fee will have to be paid if he wants them.

Red&White Rover
21/12/2006, 8:32 PM
[QUOTE=SligoBrewer;595420] 12 goals for rovers isn't goin 2 get back on the bench at tamworth.
[\QUOTE]

huh?

sligoman
21/12/2006, 9:20 PM
One of the players told me that Mansaram was always bragging that Sean wanted him to follow him wherever he went next. **** off Flash, hope you fail at Bohs.

Conor H
21/12/2006, 9:25 PM
One of the players told me that Mansaram was always bragging that Sean wanted him to follow him wherever he went next. **** off Flash, hope you fail at Bohs.

Where have i heard you say that before?;)

Don't mind them though lads.The way i'd look at it is obviously they weren't 100% committed to Sligo like that spoofer from up North...so fcuk them.Yee have players like Raf who'll die for the jersey.As someone said just another player to abuse..

feo123
21/12/2006, 9:45 PM
in fairness flash i thought was great for us but only really in the 2nd round of games! from the longford game at home where he got 2 up until maybe bohs at home...before and after that he was non evident, although when he played to the best of his ability he was a very good player! but he's gone now so f**k it! Dont know about burnsey, heard a few stories he was telling people hes staying and then he was telling others he didnt know and then he just left...id say he was just in negotiations for the last few weeks! but him and conor love each other i think! conor did always have a few players he liked and it was like the rest didnt matter, thats hoe i saw it with him anyway! players like burns,singh,mansaram,faz,hughes and a few more maybe he showed some favouritism and didnt have much respect maybe for some others! to be honest, 2 good signings for bohs though!!

Red4Eva
22/12/2006, 12:14 AM
f*ck mansaram if what rob sed bout him in weekender is true. proven goalscorer me hole. heard some stuff at start of season that made me think mansaram was an ******* with an attitude problem, turns out the stories were true. wouldn't hear a bad word about burnsy tho. he's the main reason we're in the premier so i'm forever greatful. when i was talkin to burns once last season he said the only reaon he was at rovers was cos of the manager that signed him&he loved him cos he's pure controversial but i heard a few stories to make me think his opinion of our last manager has gone way downhill this season.

avvenalaf
22/12/2006, 9:08 AM
Jesus, Red4eva you're some listener. Maybe you should do an agony aunt column in the programme

avvenalaf
22/12/2006, 1:16 PM
Doubt that very much, sligonproud.

gustavo
22/12/2006, 1:45 PM
You would think they might have been more flexible in negotiations with our former best player.

gustavo
22/12/2006, 1:52 PM
Of course you can make exceptions!
If you didnt then every footballer would be paid the same.
Look at any club in the world , the better the player at the club the higher he gets paid.

Red Soldier
22/12/2006, 2:07 PM
Word on the street is that Sean is trying to sign Bellew for bohs also with a season long loan to kildare to let him get some football

DonalE
22/12/2006, 5:51 PM
Word on the street is that Sean is trying to sign Bellew for bohs also with a season long loan to kildare to let him get some football

I'd be very surprised if that was to happen,almost certain it wont.

Red Soldier
22/12/2006, 6:36 PM
I'd be very surprised if that was to happen,almost certain it wont.
you heard it here first, Seans been in contact

feo123
22/12/2006, 8:11 PM
sure he didnt think he was good enough to go full time with us last season i doubt it is true TBH!

Only1Rovers
23/12/2006, 7:15 PM
was talking to someone who knows Burns quite well a (player with another club), said burns was asked by the club if he would be interested in playing with rovers next season, Burns said he would and asked for the club to sit down with him and discuss it. What did the club do?????? F*CKING NOTHING.... So Burns did what any normal person would do. He left for an organization that treated him with some respect. What is going on? How could this be aloud to happen. There was a possibility that we could have held on to him, he even showed an interest and some commitment to the club, which as we are used to is hard to come by from players with his talent from outside of Sligo and surrounding area.

If this is the way the club treating players, we haven't a hope! Its outrageous.

Good luck Liam and thanks ...

gustavo
23/12/2006, 7:57 PM
First off we are not talking about wages we are talking in relation to the length of time given for him to sign his new contract.
Why do you think he was offered the same or less than other players ? I can only go on what i hear and from what i heard he was offered a very good deal and was given a date in which he had to make up his mind i dont think it being unreasonable that the manager wishes that he knows what players are staying, March is not the time to be looking for a centre back now is ! The manager is away at the minute looking at players would be an a good idea imo if he knew what he had to look for dont you think ?

Sorry I picked you up wrong.

gustavo
23/12/2006, 8:05 PM
It said in the Sun today that Liam rejected a contract offer from us. Also Mark Rossiter for Bohs on a part time deal to increase the Sligo feel to the place down there!

The Stars
23/12/2006, 8:46 PM
Fast becoming the Sligo B Team

sligoman
23/12/2006, 9:29 PM
Mark Rossiter is riddled with injury afaik. Dont know if he'd be up to Premier standard anymore.

feo123
23/12/2006, 11:01 PM
And he looks very much over-weight....although we said that about foy at the start of last season and he done excellent (for a while anyway)

Red&White Rover
23/12/2006, 11:40 PM
Mark Rossiter is riddled with injury afaik. Dont know if he'd be up to Premier standard anymore.

still a quality player....i'd say...

gustavo
23/12/2006, 11:45 PM
Its a bit of a gamble by them alright but i suppose if it works out itll be worth it.

SligoBrewer
25/12/2006, 1:12 PM
lets face it, they have the money now 2 take a lot o gambles

Only1Rovers
25/12/2006, 3:14 PM
Where are you getting this info that Burns was offered a contract. I have heard from two people close to him he was offered notheing. He waited for Rovers to get back to him and nothing availed. From my view it appears the Club are covering up. Somthing stinks

avvenalaf
25/12/2006, 3:23 PM
I heard from 'two people close to the club' that he was offered a contract which he turned down. My two people are as good as yours.

Red4Eva
25/12/2006, 8:45 PM
i was talkin to burns on saturday night. he totally wanted to stay with rovers but the board f*cked it up. he got kinda emotional about it so i think he genuinely does like sligo&sligo rovers(bar the board). he said it has absolutely nothin to do with money and if money was what motivates him he would never have come to sligo in the 1st place. as far as i know he has signed nothin with bohs and if the gobsh*tes that run our club got the finger out there might be a tiny possibility he will stay.

Only1Rovers
26/12/2006, 1:15 AM
i was talkin to burns on saturday night. he totally wanted to stay with rovers but the board f*cked it up. he got kinda emotional about it so i think he genuinely does like sligo&sligo rovers(bar the board). he said it has absolutely nothin to do with money and if money was what motivates him he would never have come to sligo in the 1st place. as far as i know he has signed nothin with bohs and if the gobsh*tes that run our club got the finger out there might be a tiny possibility he will stay.

It would be a miracle if he wanted to stay after the way he was treated by the board. It would be some christmas present if he did. Lets hope the board pull the finger out and sort it out if there is a possibility of him staying.

red metal
26/12/2006, 1:41 AM
Lads any of you see Wesley Charles around town the last few days!He is trying to sign back i here?????????????

DonalE
26/12/2006, 9:17 AM
Well his girlfriend lives here so he does be around a bit but maybe he has another reason. . .

SligoBrewer
26/12/2006, 11:57 AM
he was around the town non stop last wk alrite... i dunno if i'd want him back but he would have a bit of xperience...i'd have mcnamara over him any day of the week

1 9 2 8
26/12/2006, 1:38 PM
Wes isn't up to premier league level first division at best. Signing him would be a step backwards

The Stars
26/12/2006, 2:55 PM
He wont be signing,dont worry lads.

feo123
26/12/2006, 4:12 PM
Is he with galway or was he just on loan?

Conor H
26/12/2006, 5:43 PM
Is he with galway or was he just on loan?

He was/is with us.

Wesley signed a one year contract for next season with UTD.

sligoman
26/12/2006, 6:36 PM
Wesley signed a one year contract for next season with UTD.Ye can keep him. Dodgy defender if ever their was one.

Conor H
26/12/2006, 10:49 PM
Ye can keep him. Dodgy defender if ever their was one.

Would have to agree.

Having said that he's a no nonsence defender aswell who takes no prisoners which is a much needed attribute in every team.

Only1Rovers
31/12/2006, 4:17 PM
I think he has too much of a good time in Sligo, thats why he doesn't want to be in the town full-time.

feo123
31/12/2006, 6:57 PM
that makes no sense what so ever

Only1Rovers
01/01/2007, 3:41 PM
that makes no sense what so ever
Over indulgence seems to come easy to him in sligo....;)

feo123
01/01/2007, 7:23 PM
im still lost.....im sure it does make sense, im just off the pace the last few days!