PDA

View Full Version : Recreativo Huelva

Dodge
20/12/2006, 9:34 PM
A bus of Recreativo fans crashed this morning on their way to see their team play Real Madrid in the Bernabeu, 3 were killed and dozens injured. Recreativo asked the spanish FA to postpone the game (http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=396815&cc=5739) and Real Madrid agreed. However the ****s at the Spanish FA forced the game to go ahead.

Recreativo promptly thumped Madrid 3-0. The Recreativo president wasn't there, he felt his place was in Huelva

Their website is dedicated to the three members http://www.recreativohuelva.com/

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/photo?slug=ba81112202056.spain_soccer_ba811&prov=ap

Apparently Real Madrid will donate all tonights takings to the families involved.

eamo1
21/12/2006, 1:45 AM
6 killed,not 3,i hope its "only" 3 obviously.terrible tragedy.R.I.P.nice gesture by madrid too.

lopez
21/12/2006, 2:16 PM
Last I saw it was four. The driver of the coach and three others all from the same family. A retired couple and their son.

TBH, football authorities always give scant regards to postponing games because of fans getting killed. The same happened a couple of years ago when Celtic and Barcelona wanted their game called off following the Madrid bombings and UEFA said no. Still if its the Americans that terrorism happens to then that's a different matter. I still think that given Barca's game with Betis is being resceduled because of the World Club Cup and that both teams were in agreement this should have been allowed. Then again, was it the only game that Canal + / Sky could have shown last night?

eamo1
22/12/2006, 12:29 AM
sevilles game vrs depor where they won 4-0,they showed highlights later of it.as you said uefa didnt postpone champions league matches the night of september 11th 01 with there excuse being there was not enough time to postpone them,poor excuse in my opinion.uefa have no heart,its proved time and time again.
fair play to recreativo though,their budget is 16million compared to 316m for madrid and they still thumped them.

Dodge
22/12/2006, 2:22 AM
Why should the games have been postponed the night of September 11? Totally different situation.

lopez
22/12/2006, 10:57 AM
The games the following night were cancelled (12 Sept 01): The 'excuse' of short notice IMO was correct. The poor excuse is why they done it on '9-11' and not on 11/12 March 2004. If you are going to cancel games for incidents in a state not even on the same continent as UEFA then you can certainly do that for games involving clubs from the same city or country of a terrorist attack (It was clear, despite the enmity, that Barcelona didn't feel it was right to play Celtic that night).

As for wednesday, as you can see there was no shortage of desire to postpone the game from the clubs.

drinkfeckarse
22/12/2006, 1:38 PM
Why should the games have been postponed the night of September 11? Totally different situation.

To be fair Dodge, I think the world was in shock when that happened. As a mark of respect to the 3,000 multi-nationals who died it would have been a good gesture to call off all the games.

Still, it was probably the following 2 or 3 days after that it sank in properly with everybody I suppose.