PDA

View Full Version : Cork City questions

Dodge
20/12/2006, 12:56 AM
Original title of thread placed in Cork city forum; Whats the story

With the merger? With your managing diirector being sacked? with no sponsor? with Georgie? with Rico?

Seriously, tried to read the cork forum but got annoyed quickly. Any of the half sensible Corkies care to answer me here?

Peadar
20/12/2006, 8:11 AM
Any of the half sensible Corkies care to answer me here?

No, it's none of your business!

pete
20/12/2006, 9:42 AM
One question at a time & might answer...

Poor Student
20/12/2006, 10:33 AM
Did Cork get a new investor?

Peadar
20/12/2006, 11:21 AM
Buy the Irish Examiner!

Dodge
20/12/2006, 11:42 AM
Bit touchy today peadar?

One question at a time..

1) Are Cork in a mess at the moment?

lofty9
20/12/2006, 11:52 AM
2) What's going on with your managing diirector being sacked?

anyone else for no3?:D

razor
20/12/2006, 1:07 PM
1) Are Cork in a mess at the moment?Not really, in the same situation we were in previously, I think an announcement is needed on the takeover to clarify things and then we can drive on for world domination.

2) What's going on with your managing diirector being sacked?He had a one year contract but with any job was on 6 months probation, I've heard that he wasn't working out, so he was let go.

I do feel then that once this takeover thing is put to bed then all the other stuff such as sponsorship etc will be sorted out.

Dodge
20/12/2006, 1:49 PM
3) Have you sorted out a main sponsor yet?

Peadar
20/12/2006, 1:50 PM
3) Have you sorted out a main sponsor yet?

Word is that we have.
Still none of your business though.
From what wws was telling me in town yesterday, you've got enough to be worried about up in Inchicore...

Dodge
20/12/2006, 2:02 PM
Yep, And I'll be happy to answer question individually. Glad you've grasped the concept of internet duscussion forums too

4) Whats the story with Georgie and Ipswich? Definitely signing/fee involved

razor
20/12/2006, 2:04 PM
4) Whats the story with Georgie and Ipswich? Definitely signing/fee involvedCity want 100K stg, Ipswich don't want to pay it, latest rumour is the Jorge is on his way home after a breakdown in talks.

Dodge
20/12/2006, 2:34 PM
Cheers razor.

5) Is Rico under threat or will he definitely be in charge next season?

niamh
20/12/2006, 2:46 PM
Cheers razor.

5) Is Rico under threat or will he definitely be in charge next season?

Rico is already looking for new players for next season, seeing as a budget has been agreed. As Peadar said, the Irish Examiner clears up a lot of the confusion...

razor
20/12/2006, 2:58 PM
Rico is already looking for new players for next seasonRico & Pat Morley were seen on a flight to London last week, obviously going over to do their Christmas shopping.

dahamsta
20/12/2006, 3:02 PM
Moved from eL. Dodge, don't post a thread like this in a club forum again please.

Ozymandias
20/12/2006, 3:31 PM
rico will be there for the next two years. he has said if the new consortium want to bring in their own man he will move aside but apparently they want him for the foreseeable future which has technically been agreed as two years

BohsFans
20/12/2006, 3:38 PM
sounds like another shels to me!

Seems like negotiations have broken down.

Dodge
20/12/2006, 7:38 PM
Moved from eL. Dodge, don't post a thread like this in a club forum again please.

WTF!?!? Its solely about Cork City, I'm looking for info from Cork fans and you think I shouldn't post it in the Cork forum because ...?

Poor Student
20/12/2006, 7:40 PM
So....did Cork actually get new investors?

GavinZac
20/12/2006, 7:41 PM
So....did Cork actually get new investors?

according to the chairman, yes

Poor Student
20/12/2006, 7:43 PM
according to the chairman, yes

Is it doubted by the rest of you?:confused:

dahamsta
20/12/2006, 8:20 PM
WTF!?!? Its solely about Cork City, I'm looking for info from Cork fans and you think I shouldn't post it in the Cork forum because ...?Because it looks like a troll. Even if it isn't a troll, I guarantee some people will think that it is. So don't do it again please.

If you want to follow-up again, do it in Support or in a PM please.

A face
21/12/2006, 12:07 AM

The club normally leaks info like a sieve on most stuff. None of the normal leak have any infomation on this one given the nature of it and as a result some people are falling apart at the seams without it.

The chairman has said that the investors are currently working with the club, although that is about all he has said. He is keeping his cards very close to his chest and rightly so if someone is prepared to put large sums of money into the club.

The rumour mill is rife and malicious but still is none the wiser.

dahamsta
21/12/2006, 2:28 AM
Sounds a lot like the bad old days to me.

pete
21/12/2006, 10:21 AM
Sounds a lot like the bad old days to me.

Relatively speaking these are the good days... :eek:

GavinZac
21/12/2006, 1:50 PM

some people have jumped to conclusions, i haven't. i said "according to the chairman", as he's the only one to say anything about it.

pete
21/12/2006, 2:50 PM
some people have jumped to conclusions, i haven't. i said "according to the chairman", as he's the only one to say anything about it.

Makes a welcome change when no leaks. Fans do not need to know every little detail...

A face
22/12/2006, 12:04 AM
Makes a welcome change when no leaks. Fans do not need to know every little detail...

Some club officials dont need to either it would seem :eek:

BohsFans
22/12/2006, 12:20 PM
Fans do not need to know every little detail...

:eek:

your sounding more and more like shels everyday!

pete
22/12/2006, 12:31 PM
:eek:

your sounding more and more like shels everyday!

What i meant is that fans don't need to know details of investment negotiations until the deal is done.

Celdrog
22/12/2006, 1:09 PM
What i meant is that fans don't need to know details of investment negotiations until the deal is done.
Its dragging on a bit isn't it - maybe Santy will deliver it to Lennox on Christmas morning.

Cosmo
24/12/2006, 2:36 PM
Original title of thread placed in Cork city forum; Whats the story

With the merger? With your managing diirector being sacked? with no sponsor? with Georgie? with Rico?

Seriously, tried to read the cork forum but got annoyed quickly. Any of the half sensible Corkies care to answer me here?

To be fair dodge - I dont think the cork supporters even know any of those answers!! Says alot for the state of their club and the great season they've to look forward to in 2007 :)

GavinZac
24/12/2006, 5:26 PM
To be fair dodge - I dont think the cork supporters even know any of those answers!! Says alot for the state of their club and the great season they've to look forward to in 2007 :)

maybe you could ask on the official board, cosmo?

Cosmo
24/12/2006, 11:13 PM
maybe you could ask on the official board, cosmo?

Well as ye probably know, like most opposing supporters on that mb, I'm barred :rolleyes:

But what does this have to do with anything, I dont know? :confused:

Anyway nobody on your official mb (or non web cork supporters i know) have a fcuking clue on the answers for the questions

If i was a cork supporter I'd be getting a bit worried with the season ahead. If they dont get their act together soon I wouldnt be surprised to see them finish mid table next season

GavinZac
25/12/2006, 8:38 AM
Well as ye probably know, like most opposing supporters on that mb, I'm barred :rolleyes: you mean like most trolling drogs fans like yourself, ndrog and celdrog?

But what does this have to do with anything, I dont know? :confused:

Anyway nobody on your official mb (or non web cork supporters i know) have a fcuking clue on the answers for the questions i wouldnt know, im 'barred' myself actually, for insulting the Holy Ipswich Trialist

If i was a cork supporter I'd be getting a bit worried with the season ahead. If they dont get their act together soon I wouldnt be surprised to see them finish mid table next season
we finished midtable this season, why would a repeat be surprising? im just happy we havent folded yet. anyway, i hope drog's investments hold up as we need to keep up having strong teams in europe.

Cosmo
25/12/2006, 1:23 PM
i wouldnt know, im 'barred' myself actually, for insulting the Holy Ipswich Trialist

Well im not surprised by that seen as he seems to have a massive hard on for the holy ipswich trialist who has been taking thousands off your club for training with your under 21's and going on trials :rolleyes: