PDA

View Full Version : Steven Grant

johnville
19/12/2006, 9:24 AM
Anybody want to give there view of what happened to this promising young player?

ifk101
19/12/2006, 10:00 AM
Golf.

Ash
19/12/2006, 10:08 AM
and modelling

monutdfc
19/12/2006, 10:54 AM
and modelling
different Steven Grant I think

londonhoop
19/12/2006, 11:02 AM
Leather Trousers

Dick Long
19/12/2006, 12:12 PM
If it's Waterford United's Stephen Grant who played and scored in that Madiera U-21 thingy last year then he had a falling out with Gareth Cronin towards the end of the season and is no longer with the club. He was not having the best of seasons but there was a lot of expectancy on his young shoulders to carry a poor team in what was really his first full season but he has still got a lot of potential and a decent future in the game, hopefully NOT away from the RSC.

If it's the other Stephen Grant who used to play for the Blues a few years back before fecking off to Rovers (by no means a promising young player at about 30), then the answer is golf/ modelling/ leather trousers and a poncy furniture business or somesort.

hoopy
19/12/2006, 6:08 PM
If it's the other Stephen Grant who used to play for the Blues a few years back before fecking off to Rovers (by no means a promising young player at about 30), then the answer is golf/ modelling/ leather trousers and a poncy furniture business or somesort.

Things really went wrong when he left Waterford didn't they:D Super bloke, and he actually played for free for a period

Paddyfield
19/12/2006, 8:57 PM
Is it the blonde bloke from Tullamore? He played for Galway United and scored a fair few goals in a handful of games before fecking off to join Shamrock Rovers and then Waterford. I think he might have had a spell with Shels too.

LukeO
20/12/2006, 12:05 AM
I think a spell at Waterford would be enough to turn anyone off football for life...

Is it the blonde bloke from Tullamore? He played for Galway United and scored a fair few goals in a handful of games before fecking off to join Shamrock Rovers and then Waterford. I think he might have had a spell with Shels too.

No, he's the older ponce...

Mental Man
20/12/2006, 7:12 AM
Thats funny coming for a boaz supporter, jaysus with all yer high paid and so-called footballers:p ye havent been setting the Eircom League alight either.

Ash
20/12/2006, 8:10 AM
Is it the blonde bloke from Tullamore?

He's from Birr iirc. I think his family own a fair chunk of the town too

NY Hoop
20/12/2006, 10:47 AM
He's from Birr iirc. I think his family own a fair chunk of the town too

Correct. Scored the first goal against Odra in 2003. Now a professional golfer. Family absolutely minted.

KOH

JC_GUFC
20/12/2006, 11:04 AM

Did he not join Shels after United?

Scored something like 4 goals in 11 games but played v well. Allegedly Eric hated him coz he took the limelight with his blonde hair and silver boots :D

wws
20/12/2006, 11:06 AM
is it true his dad invented some fitting used in the uk building trade?

they sold the royalties and are now gazillionaires?

joema
20/12/2006, 3:29 PM
I'd be pretty sure the Steven Grant the poster is talking about is the Waterford lad who played for the Irish u21s in Madeira - the posters name is johnville and they are a team in Waterford

trevy
21/12/2006, 10:00 AM
You're correct Joema.I'd agree with Dick Longs comments.Too much was expected of him this season in a poor team and he failed to deliver.Hopefully he'll get a chance again in the Eircom League to show what he can do as he's still young.