PDA

View Full Version : The Fratellis

SligoBrewer
18/12/2006, 10:10 PM
My mate lent me their cd that he bought in england and must say that it is unbelievable.

Definetly when it comes out here i'd advise any1 who likes Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys etc. to buy it..

UNBELIEVABLE!!:)

Conor H
18/12/2006, 10:12 PM
I thought they were called "The Fratellis"?

SligoBrewer
18/12/2006, 10:17 PM
Yes they are...
I just realised as soon as i had posted..
Sorry! (Transistion Yr!)
Can a mod please change it!

Anyways UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Conor H
18/12/2006, 10:22 PM
Only song i know is Chelsea Dagger.......great drinking song.

sligoman
18/12/2006, 10:25 PM
Can a mod please change it!Done.

northsiderkid
18/12/2006, 11:09 PM
Celtic play Chelsea Dagger when a goal is scored its replaced The Pogues "Fiesta" its class as is the album. The lead singer is a celtic fan he was on soccer am a few weeks ago.

Neish
19/12/2006, 10:51 AM
Only heard a few of their songs(on the juke box in Junction 15) but from what I hear their quite good and will be getting the album when I get a chance.

Pauro 76
19/12/2006, 2:29 PM
Same here, Chelsea Dagger one of the songs of the year. sounds great on the dancefloor and in the pub.... may get my hands on the album so....

northsiderkid
19/12/2006, 10:53 PM
Got the album from play.com or was it cdwow.ie anyway its there and a lot cheaper than what Irish record shops usually try rips us off with!

citizenerased
02/01/2007, 3:28 PM
great band seen them in the village in November, defo be the big breakthrough band of 07

SligoBrewer
03/01/2007, 4:07 PM
Got the album from play.com or was it cdwow.ie anyway its there and a lot cheaper than what Irish record shops usually try rips us off with!

you cant even get it in the shops here yet

citizenerased
04/01/2007, 2:54 PM
you cant even get it in the shops here yet

oh yes you can, its been out since November

antofact
07/01/2007, 8:12 PM
too right citizen and what an album it is.2nd best of the year behind arctic monkeys i m o .Creepin up the backstairs is an amazin track , brimmin full of energy

citizenerased
08/01/2007, 11:00 PM
yeah quality alright!! the gossip are a savage band also

Magicme
09/01/2007, 9:43 AM
Waiting on a delivery of this from CD Wow. Was gonna buy it many times but hoped to get it for Christmas. Their manager was camping with us at Oxegen way back when it was Witnness (dont think he was their manager then but u know what i mean) he is mates with a guy I know. Gonna try get my sis copy of the album signed for her coz she loves them.

Lionel Ritchie
09/01/2007, 10:27 AM
They're all I ask pop music to be...

...great tunes

...intelligent lyrics

...not up their own holes

Righteous.

Magicme
09/01/2007, 10:31 AM
Ray D'Arcy just played Whistling for the Choir or whatever its called. Quality song.

Neish
12/01/2007, 1:42 PM
Got the album there on Monday quality album. Whistle For The Choir is probably my favourite

Magicme
15/01/2007, 4:26 PM
Got mine last week too and love it love it love it.

Whistle gets better and better with each listen.

anto1208
24/01/2007, 4:45 PM
Got it today and i liked it straight away which is a bad sign as its normally albums i find hard to get into the most rewarding in the long run .

ie Brighteyes didnt like it to start with now its one of my fav albums
and hard fi i liked straight away and after about 5 listens i found out it was actually pants .:D

SligoBrewer
24/01/2007, 10:29 PM
hard fi i liked straight away and after about 5 listens i found out it was actually pants .:D

me 2! :D it has it moments though..

1 month with the fratells... still a relationship i can see lasting in my eyes:D

citizenerased
25/01/2007, 3:06 PM
I think fratellis will last they have some killer tunes...Hard-fi were always pants to me, no substance whatsover, doubt we'll hear from then again

DmanDmythDledge
27/01/2007, 9:14 PM
Downloaded Chelsea Dagger and I have to say it's class!

anto1208
30/01/2007, 12:24 PM
after a week i feel i can now give an honest review .

they are quite together as a band its nice music nothing great the lyrics are **** poor and the songs could be played by any one of these new bands they dont stand out and while they will get massive airplay and record sales as they pander to the masses its hardley a classic album .

to sum up they are better than the Kooks ( but thats not hard ) very similar to the Mooney susuki ( in fact some copyright issues could arise they are so similar in places ) . its silly pop rock with no substance but people will buy it because for some reason people like this stuff you only have to look at the success of nonsence like coldplay and the kooks to see there is a market for this plop . they have spotted it and taken advantage so for this i say fair play .

ye should do yourselves a favour and get either sufjan stevens come on feel the illinoise , any brighteyes or the new babyshambles EP just so you know what good music is and can compare it to the above .

Mad Moose
31/01/2007, 12:02 PM
As someone who readily tires of music I have to say I love the Fratelli's. Listening to them a bit longer than I would most albums.I have to say I prefer them to the Artic Monkey's currently.