PDA

View Full Version : Jose's Rant About Johnson

BrayUnknowns
18/12/2006, 9:53 AM
Anyone else hear this on MOTD2 last night ?

The man is starting to become a real pain in the @rse, what right does he have to totally slate a player for diving (when he clearly didn't) when his several of his own team are probably the worst in England at it.

NeilMcD
18/12/2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah I have to agree, I reckon he will get in trouble with the FA for this but he probably wont give a **** about it.

BrayUnknowns
18/12/2006, 11:28 AM
It seems that Johnson, his agent and Everton fel the same way (http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=436149&CPID=8&clid=11&lid=2&title=Toffees+seek+Jose+probe)

dfx-
18/12/2006, 11:33 AM
I thought he dived.

NeilMcD
18/12/2006, 11:58 AM
I think its pretty obvious he did not dive he was pushed by the defender and he was then off balance as a result and also tried to avoid crashing into the keeper. The fact that he did not scream for a penalty kinda shows he was not diving looking for a penalty.

anto1208
18/12/2006, 1:00 PM
As moyes said a few weeks ago a striker kept going and crashed into the keeper and he was shouting abou tit , this time AJ was pushed and then he jumps over the keeper to avoid hurting him and jose calls him a cheat ...make up your mind .

Glad to see Everton have launched an official complaint about him .

and as they said on MOTD2 last night some one should send him a drogba video

BrayUnknowns
18/12/2006, 1:05 PM
They'd have to send hima DVD, don't think a video tape could hold that much footage.....

anto1208
18/12/2006, 2:02 PM
Phil neville's comments :

"He has no right to say anything about our players. Andy Johnson doesn't go down easy in the area. He was pushed today, he was pushed at Fulham, Blackburn he was pushed and at Arsenal, so that it is four times he has not been given a penalty."

Neville added: "He has to keep going, keep plugging away and his chances will come soon. It is why Andy Johnson is not getting penalties at the moment when people like Arsene Wenger and Jose Mourinho have a go at our players.

"I think I said 2 or 3 months ago it is going to be difficult for him to win a penalty at the moment.

"Maybe we should send him (Mourinho) a video and he can take a look at himself in the mirror.":D :D

razor
18/12/2006, 2:23 PM
Jose basically just did this to annoy people. He's a master at it.
I didn't think Johnson dived but I didn't think it was a penalty either.

BrayUnknowns
18/12/2006, 2:47 PM
Agree with you to a certian extent, i don't believe that Johnson dived but i do believe it was a penalty even though there wasn't that much contact, but there was enough contact to totally put Johnson off his balance which denied him an excellent goal scoring chance, which in my mind means it's a penalty.

OwlsFan
18/12/2006, 3:06 PM
His Porto team was the biggest collection of divers I ever saw.

You know what they say: you hate to see your own faults in other people.

Metrostars
18/12/2006, 3:52 PM
I dont like Mourinho or Chelsea but Everton just need to shut the F up and stop acting like big babies. They should have done their talking on the pitch yesterday with a few kicks here and there but instead they let Chelsea come at them.

The sad fact is that diving is just part of the game nowadays. EVERY team does it. It's even gotten to the point where innocent players get yellow carded for diving when they actually havent.

anto1208
18/12/2006, 3:58 PM
I dont like Mourinho or Chelsea but Everton just need to shut the F up and stop acting like big babies. They should have done their talking on the pitch yesterday with a few kicks here and there but instead they let Chelsea come at them.

So they should have re-acted to the comments made after the game , during the game ?? :confused: :confused:

they had a go at them in a fair and professional manner and where beaten by the better team .

BrayUnknowns
18/12/2006, 4:18 PM
[QUOTE=Metrostars;593883]I dont like Mourinho or Chelsea but Everton just need to shut the F up and stop acting like big babies. They should have done their talking on the pitch yesterday with a few kicks here and there but instead they let Chelsea come at them.[QUOTE]

That's not really the point of the post though. What gives him the right to slate another club's player when he was totally in the wrong about the incident in the 1st place, should he not have looked at a reply before going on TV, mouthing off and sounding like an idiot ? I think Johnson has a right to release the statement becuase it will make life on the pitch even harder for him now, ref's will be far more less likely to award free's and peno's now that this has been blown out of proportion by Jose, jus the same was as it has been for the likes of Droghba, Robben and Ronaldo

geysir
18/12/2006, 6:27 PM
Jose basically just did this to annoy people. He's a master at it.
I didn't think Johnson dived but I didn't think it was a penalty either.
Let's say Josie won't lose any sleep over regrets.
I think there is more purpose in his comments. It's an act of intimidation... If you dive against Chelsea I'll make it headline news.

kingdom hoop
18/12/2006, 7:06 PM
I think there is more purpose in his comments. It's an act of intimidation... If you dive against Chelsea I'll make it headline news.

interestingly deduced, i agree with the point. in which case can we really castigate the man for such subtle manipulation of a player's consciousness? surely it is an art that ferguson or wenger also employ but not as well as mourinho whose 'talents' seem increasingly reliant on dishonest psychology. his comments can be construed as unethical and are downright incorrect, but what can be done to counteract it? his personality is so headstrong that sanctions probably wouldnt do anything. its all about a man's principles, which is pretty depressing in this case. the man is a scourge on the english game, its such a pity that his undoubted cleverness has nothing to do with football and that the media lap up his wily ways and make 'news' out of it. the headlines should be how chelsea's passing patterns were revolutionary not that their manager has invented new intimidation techniques. perhaps it shows the difference between managers who were never really that good at football and look for a competitive advantage through 'cheating' vis-a-vis those managers that genuinely love the game trying to improve their lot with good football, or at least through football. IMO ferguson and wenger could combine the two extremes very well without an unduly detrimental effect on the game, indeed adding that little bit of bite and tension that we love to just the right level. but mourinho has taken things way too far.. i've said enough i'm bloody battering the keyboard..:mad: :mad:

DmanDmythDledge
18/12/2006, 8:42 PM
Mourinho is the most hyprocritcal moaner ever. You can't take anything he says seriously.

4tothefloor
18/12/2006, 8:44 PM
ref's will be far more less likely to award free's and peno's now that this has been blown out of proportion by Jose, jus the same was as it has been for the likes of Droghba, Robben and Ronaldo
Johnson, Drogba, Robben and Ronaldo are not only the biggest divers/cheats in the premiership, they're among the worst in Europe. Johnson is different to the others in that he goes flying at the slightest touch. It's both sad and pathetic really. I've been calling him Andy 'the feather' Johnson since his Palace days. He half dived against Chelsea, he didn't appeal cos there was nothing in it. Mourinho was dead right, he is a diver but at the same time it smacks of hypocrisey when he has the likes of Robben and Drogba who are even worse....

anto1208
18/12/2006, 9:12 PM
Johnson, Drogba, Robben and Ronaldo are not only the biggest divers/cheats in the premiership, they're among the worst in Europe. Johnson is different to the others in that he goes flying at the slightest touch. It's both sad and pathetic really. I've been calling him Andy 'the feather' Johnson since his Palace days. He half dived against Chelsea, he didn't appeal cos there was nothing in it. Mourinho was dead right, he is a diver but at the same time it smacks of hypocrisey when he has the likes of Robben and Drogba who are even worse....

at least theres a touch involved what steve G's excuse ??:D :D

any idiot could see AJ was clearly running at top speed then with with one leg fully outstreached to tip the ball past the keeper he was pushed over and had to get out of the way of the keeper .

Clifford
19/12/2006, 1:43 PM
Last season, I believe it may have been after an incident when Beattie headbutted Gallas twice in the early minutes at Goodison Park, resulting in a red card.

Moyes was apoplectic afterwards, when he had no case. He did issue an apology the following day, saying that it was a red card but added the supplied quote on the end - "I must say that I do still believe the Chelsea player in question did go down too easily"

Defamation of character? Slander?

People get their knickers in a twist cos it's Jose. To be honest I think he is playing games with the media and people in general, deflecting attention again away from a woeful performances by his team, even though they got the win in the end.

kingdom hoop
19/12/2006, 2:49 PM
People get their knickers in a twist cos it's Jose.

Yes, he is the manager of the back to back premiership champions and as such should be a shining light to other managers and people involved in football in general.

Clifford
19/12/2006, 4:40 PM
Yes, he is the manager of the back to back premiership champions and as such should be a shining light to other managers and people involved in football in general.

What top managers were shining lights? Mourhino only sings from the same whinging song sheet that Ferguson and Wenger do. Par for the course in modern day football.

I don't agree with him by the way, but that's the way these guys seem to operate. Everyone loves Stu Pearce for his honesty, but it's not going to get refs protecting his team judging by the spotters they have been denied recently. Moaning works, as I said earlier it deflects attention from his team, takes the pressure off.

kingdom hoop
19/12/2006, 5:18 PM
pretty much i agree but wenger and fergie diatribes arent really comparable to mourinho's, and my mommy always taught me that two wrongs, or three in this case, dont make a right.

mourinho is much more underhand with his tactics. wengers 'i didnt see it' line is tame by comparison. jose is always focusing on the other teams..

you mention pearce - shining light bentitez, pardew, warnock, o'neill, jol, coppell, moyes, jewell, curbishley are all shining lights in my book too. is it because jose is simply the 'special one' he has the divine right to take the p!ss out of the other managers? does it give chelsea an advantage? affect the performance of referees? opposing players? yes? - then he must be sanctioned..

Clifford
20/12/2006, 11:17 AM
Statement from Jose, fair play to him....

Wed, 20th Dec 2006

"First I would like to say I have the utmost respect for Everton Football Club, David Moyes and their players. That's why I love to play them, and especially at Goodison Park where the atmosphere is magnificent.

Secondly, after the match I was clear and said Andy Johnson is a great player and I never used aggressive words, like some managers did against my players in previous seasons, or like some others recently said about him and Ronaldo. I never used the word cheat.

After seeing it again on the video, Mr Halsey did wonderful work and both decisions for penalties were correct. Did Andy Johnson try to avoid a collision with my goalkeeper? It seems now the answer to that is yes so Everton, his manager and he deserve my apologies."

NeilMcD
20/12/2006, 11:29 AM
From the BBC

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has apologised for comments he made about Everton striker Andy Johnson after Sunday's 3-2 victory at Goodison Park.

Mourinho claimed Johnson had dived to win a penalty and Everton made an official complaint about his comments to the Football Association.

Everton have also taken legal advice as they say the remarks question Johnson's "professionalism and integrity".

"Everton, his manager and he deserve my apologies," said Mourinho.

"First I would like to say I have the utmost respect for Everton Football Club, David Moyes and their players.

"That's why I love to play them, and especially at Goodison Park where the atmosphere is magnificent.

"Secondly, after the match I was clear and said Andy Johnson is a great player and I never used aggressive words, like some managers did against my players in previous seasons, or like some others recently said about him and Ronaldo.

"I never used the word "cheat".

"After seeing it again on the video, (referee) Mr Halsey did wonderful work and both decisions for penalties were correct.

"Did Andy Johnson try to avoid a collision with my goalkeeper? It seems now the answer to that is yes so Everton, his manager and he deserve my apologies."

jebus
22/12/2006, 12:51 PM
Disappointed with Jose on this one, Johnson is a diver and a cheat and never should have gotten an apology :)

bennocelt
22/12/2006, 7:32 PM
now if he only would give a fair assessment on Hunt's tackle on CecH

geysir
23/12/2006, 10:54 AM
now if he only would give a fair assessment on Hunt's tackle on CecH
Collision with Cech.