PDA

View Full Version : Genesis & the eL

Ali-G
13/11/2002, 10:27 AM
Anyone else think that the report yesterday could lead to huge improvements for the LOI? I was delighted.
It is a massive oppurtunity to shake up the league administrators, and get in a professional setup. One of the major negatives about the league is the amateurish style it is viewed in, in terms of marketing, PR, administration, player registration, appeals board, finances.
This could be the start of something great. Could City be doing a Basle on it in ten years time? Only time will tell.

Éanna
13/11/2002, 10:59 AM
city will be doing a st francis in 1 years time if murphy doesn´t go :rolleyes:

Hope this does shake up Irish football, it´s badly badly needed

patsh
13/11/2002, 11:05 AM
I don't want to sound pessimistic, and I've only heard bits of what the report contined, but as Tom Humphries pointed out, there one of these reviews conducted about 6 or 7 years ago, and nothing changed. Serious reforms of the association were recommended, but...................:(

pete
13/11/2002, 11:33 AM
Having read that summaryt of the Genesis report i see nothing in tyhere of any use to the eL.

the terms of reference are focused on the FAI & its activities leading up to & during the World Cup, also some small refernce to underage international teams.

At the start it says they "attended eircom league matches" of which there seems to have been no point to.

fosterdollar
13/11/2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Éanna
city will be doing a st francis in 1 years time if murphy doesn´t go :rolleyes:

LMAO :D :D

pete
13/11/2002, 11:41 AM
btw the report actually says the voluntary admin structure the FAI built around is designed for "domestic" football but need professional outsiders to manage the international set-up.

If the international team can get an outside review of its treatment by the FAI why can't the eL get one too?

Éanna
13/11/2002, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by pete
If the international team can get an outside review of its treatment by the FAI why can't the eL get one too?
Cos they don´t give a toss about the eL! Why else? :mad: