PDA

View Full Version : Guys can anyone shed any light on this

sligobhoy67
17/12/2006, 2:56 PM
A weggie posted this on another forum, but I have never heard of this jersey?

"My old man was in Sligo a few year ago on holidays and noticed some sort of special edition Sligo Rovers jersey. I think it was a kind of tribute to Sean Fallon or something and had his name on it and some embroidery or something (sorry I know these details are sketchy).

Anyway, my old fella is a proper Celtic man, he's been everywhere to see them and Sean Fallon was one of his very favourite players of all time. When he saw the jersey he was desperate to buy it, he didn't have the readies on him at the time and was going to get it the next day, but circumstances prevailed and he had to get home quick and wasn't able to buy it.

So, if anyone out there (perhaps from Sligo) could give me an idea of what this jersey was, and if possible where I could buy one (tried the Sligo Rovers website and ebay etc. without success) I would be mega grateful. It would be great to get him this for his birthday next year as he's always bangin on about it.

Thanks!"

Any help appriciated

red bellied
17/12/2006, 3:08 PM
I think it was a half Celtic/Rovers combination. The Celtic part had the crest of the local Sean Fallon supporters club. It was in Jakos front window in O Connell St a few years back. Get in touch with Jako, I say they will sort it for yeah no hassle.

sligobhoy67
17/12/2006, 8:53 PM
I think it was a half Celtic/Rovers combination. The Celtic part had the crest of the local Sean Fallon supporters club. It was in Jakos front window in O Connell St a few years back. Get in touch with Jako, I say they will sort it for yeah no hassle.

More details, the guy said -

"Was about 1998/99, it was at Sligo Rovers shop/park, he thinks it was a 70th (or 75th?) anniversary jersey, it had Sean Fallon's name on the crest and may also have had the Celtic badge on it too."

red bellied
17/12/2006, 9:03 PM
There could of been a couple of these shirts out, different verisons . The one that was in the shop front might of had the Celtic hoops, the crest of the supporters club and the Rovers crest on the opposite side. Get yer man to e-mail Jako about it.