PDA

View Full Version : The Weather

Fair_play_boy
16/12/2006, 12:38 AM
Lads, in all fairness, isn't it shocking!

Ringo
16/12/2006, 6:26 AM
tis a soft day, thank god;)

Drumcondra Red
16/12/2006, 10:01 AM
Nah its a bit chilly but its December ffs!!! 'Least its not raining!!!

Anto McC
16/12/2006, 1:03 PM
Jaysis,you'd think in this country we'd be well used to the weather by now.

jebus
16/12/2006, 2:10 PM
That said the original poster is from Cork, and honestly, from living there, I think I've found the only place in the world where it rains more than it does in Limerick City, and yes I'm including the Amazon Jungle

theleprechaun
16/12/2006, 6:44 PM
let it snow let it snow let it snow

ollie
18/12/2006, 1:06 PM
Jaysis,you'd think in this country we'd be well used to the weather by now.

Ah sure dublin has the much drier weather than here down south...That said the sun is now out...but its fricken freezing

Pauro 76
18/12/2006, 1:15 PM
it was 14 degrees and sunny in London a few days ago. jealous? ;)

rebs23
18/12/2006, 2:00 PM
Ah sure dublin has the much drier weather than here down south...

Did a bit of research on this a few years ago and actually the difference between the south and east is pretty minimal. Big difference between west and east though.

If you use Roches Point Weather station in Cork Harbour and a line straight across to Rosslare WS in Wexford and up to Dublin Airport WS, this is the driest and sunniest corner of the country.

Using Cork Airport however is a different story. Completely unfair to compare a synoptic station a few hundred feeth above sea level and a synoptic station at sea level. Obvious differences in rain fall, percipitation generally (including fog) and especially temperature.
A synoptic station in Cloyne (East Cork) consistantly comes out as having the highest temps, sunniest days and less rainfall.

A few years ago Met Eireann used to do a map of temp and rainfall averages across Ireland using all the weather stations in the country including the smaller ones and it is amazing how localised weather in Ireland can be. A big difference between Roches Point a few miles across the harbour and Cork Airport
compare here;
http://www.met.ie/climate/daily-data.asp

I know its a slow day in work!

Thunderblaster
18/12/2006, 6:02 PM
Mayo would have the dullest, most miserable weather in the country!!:( Anyone agree or disagree?? Even the weather in England during the summer makes me jealous.:(

pete
18/12/2006, 6:27 PM
Only old women moan about the weather. Its Ireland & winter. What were ye expecting?

kingdom hoop
18/12/2006, 7:11 PM
Only old women moan about the weather. Its Ireland & winter. What were ye expecting?

as far as i know thunderbalster is an old woman, one of only 15 in foot.ie

Fair_play_boy
19/12/2006, 2:17 PM
as far as i know thunderbalster is an old woman ... LOL @ misprint.

Dodge
19/12/2006, 2:20 PM

There's way more than 15 old biddies on here

Pauro 76
19/12/2006, 2:31 PM
There's way more than 15 old biddies on here

"As long as old men sit and talk about the weather,
As long as old women sit and talk about old men"

that lyric sprung to mind while reading this thread. what song was it?????
Irish weather is awful.... London's a tropical paradise in comparison. used to hate watching the weather forecasts in Ireland. Depressing. :(

Peadar
19/12/2006, 3:19 PM
Met Éireann (http://www.met.ie/) have issued a Severe Weather Warning!

Issued at 19 December 2006 - 12:03
Severe Weather Warning
Dense fog in most places today, tonight and on Wednesday morning.

Pauro 76
19/12/2006, 3:28 PM
Met Éireann (http://www.met.ie/) have issued a Severe Weather Warning!

Issued at 19 December 2006 - 12:03
Severe Weather Warning
Dense fog in most places today, tonight and on Wednesday morning.

Hope to God its not affecting flights on Thursday night! :(

strangeirish
19/12/2006, 3:41 PM
Beautiful day here in Florida. Clear sky and lovely 21 degrees celsius. No wind. Just thought I'd share that...:D

Peadar
19/12/2006, 3:47 PM
Beautiful day here in Florida.

Some of us love the fog. It helps you forget what Dublin looks like! :D

Pauro 76
19/12/2006, 4:14 PM
Some of us love the fog. It helps you forget what Dublin looks like! :D

Its always foggy in Longford. Looking forward to seeing a bit of that when i go home! :)

Thunderblaster
19/12/2006, 7:27 PM

Sure, I'm 87 years of age with a walking stick, still go to bingo, draw the pension, have white hair and glasses and wear a headscarf, a cranky old sod, go to 10:00 Mass every morning, a widow, have five children and 17 grandchildren and three great grandchildren. I have 14 cats and 18 dogs at home and I like to gossip in the shops or the post office. I go to the local cafe for a pot of tea and a bun and talk about the years gone by. In the twilight of my years, I would like to die peacefully in my sleep and meet my family in Heaven. I had a very tough upbringing but as they say that the leather did us no harm. These days it is spare the rod and spoil the child!!:D :D :D

Do you really think I'm the lucky 15??

strangeirish
19/12/2006, 7:51 PM
Sure, I'm 87 years of age with a walking stick, still go to bingo, draw the pension, have white hair and glasses and wear a headscarf, a cranky old sod, go to 10:00 Mass every morning, a widow, have five children and 17 grandchildren and three great grandchildren. I have 14 cats and 18 dogs at home and I like to gossip in the shops or the post office. I go to the local cafe for a pot of tea and a bun and talk about the years gone by. In the twilight of my years, I would like to die peacefully in my sleep and meet my family in Heaven. I had a very tough upbringing but as they say that the leather did us no harm. These days it is spare the rod and spoil the child!!:D :D

Do you really think I'm the lucky 15??
Hamish wants to know if you shag?:D

Thunderblaster
19/12/2006, 8:06 PM
Hamish wants to know if you shag?

Known to shag a few sheep in my time......and they all enjoyed it!!!!:D :p :D

kingdom hoop
20/12/2006, 1:12 AM
must say i'm enjoying the fog, its nice to be able to join some of my friends who have their heads in the clouds...

Pauro 76
20/12/2006, 9:47 AM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2006/1220/weather.html

Galway Airport closed three days running! :eek: