PDA

View Full Version : What will Fenlon do?

A face
15/12/2006, 10:49 PM
With David Forde gone, he now needs a keeper and Williams is available. If no one else steps into the picture, will Fenlon go with Williams? It was a bit strange the treatment of Williams by Fenlon over the last few years will his choice now confirm something other than Williams ability ??

Olander
15/12/2006, 11:06 PM
With David Forde gone,is fordes transfer 100 % aface? it is confirmed on derry city or cardiff citys

A face
15/12/2006, 11:18 PM
is fordes transfer 100 % aface? it is confirmed on derry city or cardiff citys

D'oh .... having read another site i assumed it was complete. If its not then disregard this thread.

I was just trying to throw light on Fenlons opinon/treatment of Williams and thought that situation would actually give us an insight on the reasoning behind it. I jumped the gun though.

dcfc_1928
15/12/2006, 11:21 PM
Forde is definitely away.

BrayUnknowns
15/12/2006, 11:21 PM
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=25812

and

http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/irish_soccer_detail.asp?newsid=25815

Gareth
15/12/2006, 11:23 PM
I seriously doubt Fenlon will take Williams or Delaney to Derry as I am pretty sure he was looking for a new keeper for Shels next season? I am sure he is pretty disappointed losing Forde as I know he liked him as a keeper too.

Poor Student
15/12/2006, 11:29 PM
Don't forget Patrick Jennings.

Raheny Red
15/12/2006, 11:45 PM
Should this not be in in the Derry forum or the Shels forum :confused: - anyway both of the keepers at Shels are prone to howlers these days.

A face
16/12/2006, 1:14 AM
Should this not be in in the Derry forum or the Shels forum :confused:

I posted it here because it involved two clubs, agreed with your point in general though.

dcfcsteve
16/12/2006, 4:16 AM
Don't forget Patrick Jennings.

He's a sub keeper now. He'll remain a sub-keeper in the future.

Just cuz he used to play for your club doesn't justify the serial hard-on UCD fans have for him...... :o

Dodge
16/12/2006, 10:33 AM
Bit harsh steve, didn't see any of them demanding he be first choice. I'd definitely have more of an interest in players who played for Pats...

Poor Student
16/12/2006, 10:45 AM
Just cuz he used to play for your club doesn't justify the serial hard-on UCD fans have for him...... :o

Stupid post. I never even saw him play for UCD. If you're that happy to discount a servant to your club and someone who played a vital role in helping you win a cup, good for you.

OneRedArmy
16/12/2006, 11:01 AM
Stupid post. I never even saw him play for UCD. If you're that happy to discount a servant to your club and someone who played a vital role in helping you win a cup, good for you.and got sent off the very next week.

PJs been at the club for 3 seasons now and hasn't impressed. We also have an up and coming international keeper Eugene Ferry who I would like to see on the bench.

We need a quality starting keeper.

Schumi
16/12/2006, 11:59 AM
and got sent off the very next week.

Thought that was down to a Dublin biased ref, no?

dcfcsteve
16/12/2006, 1:25 PM
Bit harsh steve, didn't see any of them demanding he be first choice. I'd definitely have more of an interest in players who played for Pats...

UCD fans have been banging on all season about how they rated Jennings higher than Forde. It's just got a bit boring now.

I guess that's why Forde is now with cardiff, and hoping for a spot in the Ireland squad, and PJ is still a sub.

He did well for us in the League Cup - but certainly helped cost us the league with that game versus Shels.

As ORA sais, we need a tried and tested first team keeper. I'm sure we'll look to keep PJ on as well, as he's very handy back-up.

pete
16/12/2006, 1:51 PM
As ORA sais, we need a tried and tested first team keeper. I'm sure we'll look to keep PJ on as well, as he's very handy back-up.

Jennings seems to be used to the sub role so will actually be easier to find a first team keeper.

Aaron
16/12/2006, 2:49 PM
You heard it here second Jason Byrne will be a Derry player in the new year;)

dancinpants
16/12/2006, 8:47 PM
Heard Byrne was going to Dundee? :confused: