PDA

View Full Version : The Shins-New album

onenilgameover
15/12/2006, 8:35 PM
The Shins have a new album out in Jan....I have heard it and its top class stuff....

http://www.gloriousnoise.com/reviews/2006/shins_wincing_the_night_away.php

Anyone who hasn't heard them I recomend checking out their previous two...

Oh inverted world and Chutes too narrow...

jebus
18/12/2006, 10:28 AM
I like the Shins, but have always found them a bit over-rated in the States. They way some Americans I know go on about them you'd swear it was the second coming of the Beatles. I mean their albums are good, but patchy

onenilgameover
22/12/2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah I suppose you're right in a way...The new one is the same...its very good in places and then ye have a boring song thrown in the middle of ten great ones....Are they that big in the states? They seem to be growing in popularity over here...

tetsujin1979
23/12/2006, 1:25 AM
Got into them after hearing their stuff on the Garden State soundtrack, top notc stuff.

Mind you, Natalie Portman could have recommended pouring acid onto my face and I probably would have tried it for her......

ken foree
23/12/2006, 11:22 AM
Mind you, Natalie Portman could have recommended pouring acid onto my face and I probably would have tried it for her......

who needs her say-so, acid's good stuff! :D used to like the shins but songs with verses and choruses haven't been in that much rotation round these ears these days. good live when i saw them, 'new slang' is a nice ballad.

RogerMilla
28/12/2006, 11:40 AM
top band , look forward to the new album