PDA

View Full Version : Season Tickets Sales

Tir Oilean
15/12/2006, 9:55 AM
How are they goin? Will be buying 2 at the weekend so you can count them in!

gufct
15/12/2006, 11:03 AM
Going very well.There is a special group rate for more than 10 people aimed at the sports and social clubs so anyone involved in one or want further details check out galwayunitedfc.ie or email or ring the office 767336.We really need to have 1,000 signed up before the start of the season.

Patrick Dunne
15/12/2006, 12:23 PM
As of lunchtime, 43 sales returned to the office. A good start, but we need 200 before Christmas.

Pledges don't count, they won't keep the bank manager happy !

JW.
15/12/2006, 8:19 PM
1,000 season tickets would be an amazing achievement for a club that hasn't been in the Premier for so long. That's more than some Premier Division clubs' average attendances.

Terry
27/12/2006, 1:38 PM
2 quick questions:

1, I paid for my season ticket in full at the cobh match at the end of the season, but havent yet got any vouchers, will I be getting any at all?

2, how many tickets are sold now?

GuisaSaigon
27/12/2006, 2:16 PM
The vouchers arent out yet, they'll be distributed in January. €250+ worth of vouchers from companies like kings head, halo, zhivago, fat freddies, specsavers ,hanleys menswear, karma, bagle bar, twist, bodkins, claddagh and celtic , and many more. Its a good deal I've convinced someone who has been to terryland once to buy a season ticket with talk of vouchers and and the promise of top class football next season.

Tir Oilean
27/12/2006, 5:30 PM
I bought two there before xmas and the figure was circa 200

GUISAUltra
28/12/2006, 12:19 PM
i convinced 2 lads that were hardly ever in terryland to buy season tickets as well. hopefully we can keep selling season tickets and reach our goal

Patrick Dunne
28/12/2006, 2:32 PM
The MRU sold 30 alone on the Friday before Christmas, with 21 sold in Zhivago from Thursday - Sunday.

Season tickets remain at E150 for adults up to next Monday. They are on sale
from Zhivago Records, Shop St, from all GUST members, by pming me or by ringing Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823.
They will also be on sale at Monday nights GUST Lotto draw in Hughes (1st January).

I would encourage everyone here to try and sell as many as they can while the E150 offer is available. If we could get 300 sales by next week it would be a great start. There will be an executive meeting on Wednesday, there should be an update on the exact sales total here afterwards.

gufct
28/12/2006, 2:41 PM
greetings from Texas. I got my second batch of tickets last friday and we had sold over 215 by then and ive sent in well over 15 more since and that was before Ronans batch from the mru went in.

The response from the general Public has been great and ive got 15 people to take 10 each to sell and i would ask all the posters on here to get behind Ronan and the GUST as every ticket sold is another 150 of the budget we have to raise.

scotsbeer
29/12/2006, 3:40 PM
The MRU sold 30 alone on the Friday before Christmas, with 21 sold in Zhivago from Thursday - Sunday.

Season tickets remain at E150 for adults up to next Monday. They are on sale
from Zhivago Records, Shop St, from all GUST members, by pming me or by ringing Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823.
They will also be on sale at Monday nights GUST Lotto draw in Hughes (1st January).

I would encourage everyone here to try and sell as many as they can while the E150 offer is available. If we could get 300 sales by next week it would be a great start. There will be an executive meeting on Wednesday, there should be an update on the exact sales total here afterwards.

howdo pd. just back from edinburgh but applied online for season ticket but awaiting phone call from office. see u weekend

Patrick Dunne
29/12/2006, 6:17 PM
Sound scotsbeer. The office is re-opening on Tuesday 2nd January, so I'm sure that you will hear from them next week.

eamo1
29/12/2006, 6:26 PM
santa on monday:) .wearing my g.u jersey with pride here in washington but this town is the other type of football town.by the time i get back my 2 friends should have bought their seaon tickets too and ill try get a third friend to aswell.as J.W said 1000 would be an incredible achievement,im still not sure if we will reach it though but even three quaters of it would be excellent.

gilberto_eire
30/12/2006, 2:05 AM
why i see DALLAS and TEXAS wrote here people are hardly buying season tickets over there like?

Patrick Dunne
30/12/2006, 11:49 AM
I don't think that the Dallas branch of GUST have sold many season tickets yet. They are the most inactive of the Texas branches.

Boise, Idaho is the biggest centre of United support in the USA. They have a street named after a United legend - Neville Steedman Boulevard.

gufct
03/01/2007, 2:29 PM
The texas branch could reach the 200 figure Pa.My phone bill will be huge as vodafone have no partner in the USA.

Heard we had well in excess of 200 sold and by the time all the christmas post gets processed in the office we could be over a third of the way to our target of 1,000.Keep on selling people!!!!!!!!!

Patrick Dunne
12/01/2007, 12:27 PM
Season ticket sales are approx 350 as of today.

January has been very busy, but we need to have at least 500 sold before the end of the month.

If you want to buy a season ticket, or know someone who might be interested in buying one, send me a pm and I will send forms to you.

All GUST members should return season tickets through the GUST, by contacting Ronan Coleman at (087) 6972823, or by pm'ing Trainee, GUISASaigon, or me.

gazza2
12/01/2007, 2:09 PM
Not sure if it will happen but the Galway Utd committe should look at trying to entice the Galway Junior Clubs into buying Season Tickets.

I think a lot of us know 3,4,5 people of certain clubs who go to Terryland on a regular basis.

There are 54 registered junior teams in the galway league and i know some clubs have 2 + 3 teams in the leagues.

Try to get most clubs to buy 5 Season Tickets at a Discounted Rate:
For Example:

54 Clubs x 5 Season Tickets = 270 Season Tickets

270 Season Tickets at a Discounted Rate of maybe €120 a ticket = €32,400

GuisaSaigon
12/01/2007, 2:30 PM
AFAIK something is being prepared for junior clubs at the moment and will be sent out shortly. It should be posted here as soon as its confirmed. I doubt any season tickets will be sold for €120 that would be basically giving them away.If you look at what most clubs are charging for season tickets ours are already very cheap and most other clubs dont include €250 worth of vouchers either.

Sumac
12/01/2007, 2:58 PM
I am new to foot as a contributer (have been viewing for a while). I remember seeing that Galway United had hoped to get 1,000 season ticket holders. As the figure is only at 350, is it unrealistic to expect to sell that many?

galwayhoop
12/01/2007, 3:45 PM
how many vouchers do you get with the family ticket?

Patrick Dunne
12/01/2007, 5:48 PM
I presume that you can get two vouchers for the family tickets. I will ask the GUST representative on the management comittee to clarify this.

February and March will be the key months for season ticket sales. We have sold in the past, and would again expect to sell, a large amount at the friendlies and first 3-4 home games. We will also have stands in the local shopping centres selling season tickets.

As a veteran of previous "campaigns", given that there are approx 3 months until the season ticket campaign finishes, I would be happy with the progress so far and see the 1,000 target as attainable.

As GUISASaigon says, we will be in contact with junior clubs in Galway, with the possibilty of a discount on season tickets sold. However, we are competing on and off the pitch with the likes of Bohemians, Cork and Derry.
Selling STs at half the rate of our rivals would merely come back to haunt us in the long term.

Trainee
13/01/2007, 12:25 PM
I am new to foot as a contributer (have been viewing for a while). I remember seeing that Galway United had hoped to get 1,000 season ticket holders. As the figure is only at 350, is it unrealistic to expect to sell that many?

The aim to sell 1000 tickets is realistic 60% of season tickets sold so far are all new sales so a lot of last years season tickets have still to buy yet

the club is to go into Sports & Social clubs in factorys and has and all the junior clubs in the city & County in the comming weeks

If anyone knows anyone who wants to by tickets PM the following:
Pa Dunne
Trainee
GUISA Saigon
so we can arrange application forms for them

Patrick Dunne
19/01/2007, 12:46 PM
384 sold as of this morning.

gufct
19/01/2007, 1:11 PM
With Gold and Bronze tickets of 20 brings the total up to 404 which is great considering its 6 weeks before the seasons start.

GUISAUltra
19/01/2007, 1:19 PM
its a great number but it will be really tough to try to sell another 600 season tickets by the time the league starts in 7-8 weeks. the amount of people buying them should pick up in the last couple of weeks before we kick off this years campaign

Conor H
19/01/2007, 1:24 PM
I think another 350 and we'd meet our realistic target of in and around 700.A 1000 might be pushing it a bit but 700+ would be a great tally.

Terry
19/01/2007, 4:40 PM
Will there be another stand set up before the start of the season in the galway shopping centre?

If Im still not working I will do it during the day as well as the original times of the stand before the xmas.

Conor H
19/01/2007, 4:51 PM
There will be AFAIK Terry ya.
I think we could be getting a Saturday aswell.

Patrick Dunne
20/01/2007, 1:42 PM
We will sell 1,000 season tickets.

The season ticket campaign is only a month old, and January would previously have been a very quiet month in terms of sales. Already we are around the 400 mark. 300 sales in February and 300 sales in March will take us to our target.

The stands will be re-started in February.

JW.
20/01/2007, 2:37 PM
It would be an amazing achievement for the club.

Terry
21/01/2007, 8:31 AM
Quick Question:

Is the figure total sales or Adult sales?

Pat/
I sent you a PM the name of a guy who is looking for a season ticket.

GuisaSaigon
21/01/2007, 10:08 AM
Thats total sales Terry, including adult, student, family, and corporate tickets.

Patrick Dunne
10/02/2007, 5:42 PM
Approx 500 have been sold now. Sales are picking up over the last few days.

Season ticket forms will be available at Sunday nights GUST Lotto draw in the Old Forge, and also at the friendlies against Monaghan United and Finn Harps.

JC_GUFC
10/02/2007, 5:54 PM
Have the season tickets been issued yet?!

I've ordered and paid for mine but no sign of it coming through my letter box yet! :eek:

eamo1
11/02/2007, 2:12 AM
vouchers yet.thought club said they be sent out in january.can somebody pm me and help please.

Terry
11/02/2007, 7:22 AM
this seems to be happening a lot, I havent got mine yet either along with 5 or 6 others who all ordered them around the same time, before the end of last season. PM Patrick Dunne and he'll inform ye of the situation.

GuisaSaigon
11/02/2007, 11:06 AM
vouchers yet.thought club said they be sent out in january.can somebody pm me and help please.

the vouchers havent been sent out yet so dont worry, if you have ordered a season ticket and havent recieved it yet contact the GUFC office if you havent done so already.
the vouchers should be out in the next week or two.

Patrick Dunne
11/02/2007, 3:01 PM
As GUISA Saigon says, the vouchers are being issued towards the end of February.

If you haven't yet received your season ticket, call the office at (091) 767336.

MyTown
12/02/2007, 9:03 AM
My understanding is that the vouchers are ready, but that they are on hold so that the fixture list can go out in the post with them.

Claret Murph
12/02/2007, 12:02 PM
Funny but my season ticket was lost in the post before Christmas , the club said they would send me out a new one but it was just as handy to drop down to the club and pick it up myself .