PDA

View Full Version : Out Now

Éanna
12/11/2002, 3:25 PM
Right it´s been discussed and voted on before but after this latest bunch of sh¡te our beloved manager has handed us, can he continue as manager?

patsh
12/11/2002, 3:56 PM
No harm in having it I suppose, but the poll is hardly likely to change anything.....:(

Éanna
12/11/2002, 4:00 PM
just wanted to see if there was still anyone defending the indefensible, and lo and behold there is.

fosterdollar
12/11/2002, 4:53 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :cool:
:D :

pete
12/11/2002, 5:18 PM
Yeah all those Longfords folks be voting No to try 'n get Gunther to stay.

:(

Colm
12/11/2002, 5:21 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
what about a good old fashioned vocal protest at the Cross? I'd be all in favour of that but how many of those critising him here would be willing do so at a match? Also, some clueless fool is likely to tell us to shut up.

Still though, I think the fans have to get their point accross during saturdays game.

James
12/11/2002, 5:22 PM
i'm in

sry liam the time is now

Murph OUT

johnnydontgo
12/11/2002, 5:41 PM
it worked with mccarthy didn't it?

:)

Gary
12/11/2002, 5:44 PM
He has to go now. Why get rid of a very good player? Why does Gunther want to ruin OUR club.

out out out out

fosterdollar
12/11/2002, 5:44 PM
Originally posted by pete

:D :cool:

johnnydontgo
12/11/2002, 6:27 PM
yeah i know i know that was tongue in cheek too.

seriously though, as we all know by now murphy hasn't got a clue how to manage a team.

the only way that we're still joint second is cos shels and pats and rovers are shi-te this year.

as we all saw from the game in richmond last week things are not looking good for the future.

mass exodus at the end of the season?

brian lennox won't boot murphy out either though cos we're still in the top three but if we lose a few more and start slipping down the table then hoefully...........

Colm
12/11/2002, 7:10 PM
How about a few "What the fcuk is going on" interspersed with Jimmy Mull stuffYeah, i'd definately be in favour of some Jimmy Mull chants just to let Gunther know what we think of his decision.
What I'd really like to do is a lot of Murphy Out stuff but on a bigger and more visable scale than ever before. However, I doubt if there is enough people who would bother to make the effort.

OUT

Éanna
13/11/2002, 10:44 AM
Oddboy, I like your thinking. Polls are ineffective, so what about a good old fashioned vocal protest at the Cross?
hear hear. "Murphy OUT" at the cross on saturday

Éanna
13/11/2002, 10:45 AM
saw a suggestion on another message board to sing "f**k off back to dublin" at murphy- reasoning was he´s a dublin spy keeping us out of the title race :D :D

Ruairi
13/11/2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by COLM
Yeah, i'd definately be in favour of some Jimmy Mull chants just to let Gunther know what we think of his decision.OUT

With ya on that one buddy

Casegrande
13/11/2002, 2:46 PM
The ******* has to go after this...

"Jimmy Mull, Jimmy Mull, Jimmy Jimmy Mull
He's got no hair but we don't care...
Jimmy Jimmy Mull"

Schumi
14/11/2002, 10:34 AM

Hee hee, me too. At least for another couple of weeks anyway:D

Real ale Madrid
14/11/2002, 10:45 AM
Where are the volume of these chants going to come from, I will make a special encursion into the shed if we need a few more voices, otherwise i'll have to shout from the St annes end where i usually go and sure i'll be singing on me own there, and he wont hear me:)

Éanna
14/11/2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Schumi
Hee hee, me too. At least for another couple of weeks anyway:D
So we can assume that all votes in favour of murphy staying are from non-city fans

fosterdollar
14/11/2002, 1:33 PM
Originally posted by Éanna

So we can assume that all votes in favour of murphy staying are from non-city fans

says a lot doesnt it?:(

Shed End John
14/11/2002, 4:08 PM
Originally posted by COLM
I'd be all in favour of that but how many of those critising him here would be willing do so at a match? Also, some clueless fool is likely to tell us to shut up.

Call me a militant little f***er, as some people on this forum are apt to do, but, I'd be right up for letting Gunther know EXACTLY how I feel in relation to his inept management of my favourite club. As regards people who'd tell us shut up, we can either tell them to do so or just take no notice of them.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Éanna
15/11/2002, 1:21 PM
tempting as it is to lay right into murphy and call him every name under the sun, it won´t achieve anything. The best way forward is repeated Murphy Out chants, and to keep the issue in the public domain- Echo, 96fm etc

Colm
15/11/2002, 3:23 PM
tempting as it is to lay right into murphy and call him every name under the sun, it won´t achieve anything. The best way forward is repeated Murphy Out chants, and to keep the issue in the public domain- Echo, 96fm etc Yeah, there is no point in getting too personal. Continuous Murphy Out type chants are the way to go but they've got to start before the game, it takes all credibility away if we only say Murphy Out when we lose or concede a goal.

citylove
15/11/2002, 3:38 PM
I agree with the "Murphy out Brigade" however it doesn't help the team if everybody is chanting MURPHY OUT! We are 2nd in the league and still have a chance of winning the league so maybe wait till the last few games of the season, then look at our position in the league and if we have no chance of winning it then start "calling for his head"!

pete
15/11/2002, 4:26 PM
It'll be hard to get people to chant Gunther Out if we winning a match plus it be just misunderstood as fans reacting to a defeat if it chanted while we losing.

Possible a better option is handing some leaflets out that people can hold up as a kind of silent peaceful protest before the game or at halftime?

Chnating against Murphy during a match will only negatively affect the players performances....

Éanna
15/11/2002, 4:46 PM
It'll be hard to get people to chant Gunther Out if we winning a match plus it be just misunderstood as fans reacting to a defeat if it chanted while we losing.

Possible a better option is handing some leaflets out that people can hold up as a kind of silent peaceful protest before the game or at halftime?

Chnating against Murphy during a match will only negatively affect the players performances....
I think some kind of poster/leaflet campaign is the best way to go. The best time to chant it is before kick-off and at half time regardless of result. I don´t think it would affect the players much, as long as the point was made that we´re still behind the team.

Colm
15/11/2002, 5:10 PM

I think some kind of poster/leaflet campaign is the best way to go. The best time to chant it is before kick-off and at half time regardless of result. I don´t think it would affect the players much, as long as the point was made that we´re still behind the team. The poster campaign is definately the way to go and the chants have got to be before the game and again after regardless of the result otherwise we will just appear fickle.