PDA

View Full Version : Mulligan gone

Éanna
07/11/2002, 4:02 PM
Has apparently been told by murphy that he´s not wanted :mad:

Shed End John
07/11/2002, 4:10 PM
Oh f***in GREAT. At the rate Murphy is losing players our youths team will have to deliver the goods up in Dalymount Park in December.
Would someone ever just shoot that cardboard cut-out in the head and do society a favour?
The last straw is fast approaching, the dips**t has GOT to go.

Murphy Out Now!!!

pete
07/11/2002, 5:56 PM
If true its a pity cos IMO Colin P (dispite Mondays goal) is not good enough as a 3rd choice striker now. Warraen ain't a forward so suddenly leaves us a bit thin up front.

:rolleyes:

btw i take it thats from some "source" Éanna?

Colm
07/11/2002, 6:01 PM
it looks like Gunthers excellent man management skills have come to the fore again.:rolleyes:

Troy.McClure
08/11/2002, 11:04 AM
I think that it would be a shame if Jimmy Floyd went.......

However.......

He is one of our full time players, yet doesnt get his game. If City are to remain semi-pro, then all fulltime players should be in the starting 11, or atleast in serious competition to start. Jimmy isnt and he wont be either. Id rather see his contract go to someone like Hoggie or Billy, so they would be 100% pro. It would do alot for the team.

pete
08/11/2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Troy.McClure
I Id rather see his contract go to someone like Hoggie or Billy, so they would be 100% pro. It would do alot for the team.

I'd say theres a lot of the current squad who would have no interest in giving up their job to become fulltime footballers.

Ali-G
08/11/2002, 1:12 PM
anyone got any proof on this. This rumour seems to have spread since last Monday, because Mull wasnt in the squad. However, the program said he is injured. Is this just BS to start more Gunther bashing?
The same could be said of Rennie. Anyone got any proof that him and Gunther dont get on? He was taken off against Bohs because he was already on a yellow, and on the fast-track to getting sent off. I thought it was a good decision, even though he is our best player.
On Monday night, he could have just been p-issed off that he hadnt played very well, or that he was going to miss the next match due to suspension.

Once again, anyone got any proof?

pete
08/11/2002, 2:12 PM
We needed proof to talking about football rumours i'd say foot.ie would be very quiet ;)

A face
09/11/2002, 12:13 PM
Mulligan didn't travel last night to Richmond and he is getting his wages on Thursday and finishing up. He is out the gap lads .... he wont be playing for City anymore.

Dont know where he is off to though ??

Gary
09/11/2002, 12:23 PM
Just deleted what i had originally posted in responce to a PM from A Face.

A face
09/11/2002, 4:09 PM
I should have said that on here anyway. Forget i said it !!

decky mac
09/11/2002, 4:33 PM
just to add to the mulligan and reynolds situations i know for a fact that o callaghan dosent rate gunther dosnt get on with patsy and billy and was extremly ****ed off following the away trip to derry when the bus got back into cork at 2.30 monday morning and o callaghan was dropped on patrick street and told to find his own way home

Troy.McClure
10/11/2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pete

I'd say theres a lot of the current squad who would have no interest in giving up their job to become fulltime footballers.
Id say you're right in that one.

Éanna
11/11/2002, 9:24 AM
btw i take it thats from some "source" Éanna?
yes.

Originally posted by Ali-G
anyone got any proof on this. This rumour seems to have spread since last Monday, because Mull wasnt in the squad. However, the program said he is injured. Is this just BS to start more Gunther bashing?

Once again, anyone got any proof?

Lads, I wouldn´t have posted it if I wasn´t sure it was true.

Éanna
12/11/2002, 2:50 PM
Mulligan has been released by murphy. apparently he wanted to stay, but no such thing :rolleyes: :mad:

OUT

niamh
12/11/2002, 2:52 PM
Wonder has Liam ever heard of depth in a squad. Another thing you learn about in coaching school eh? :mad:

Colm
12/11/2002, 2:55 PM
Just in case anyone is still in doubt the Echo confirmed today that James Mulligan has indeed been released by CCFC. He will not be able to sign for another club until January, which means he will be without an income until then I suppose.

Éanna
12/11/2002, 2:57 PM
Originally posted by niamh
Wonder has Liam ever heard of depth in a squad. Another thing you learn about in coaching school eh? :mad:
ah sure we´re grand, hasn´t colin p remembered how to score :rolleyes:

the man must go now

Éanna
12/11/2002, 2:59 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Just in case anyone is still in doubt the Echo confirmed today that James Mulligan has indeed been released by CCFC. He will not be able to sign for another club until January, which means he will be without an income until then I suppose.
I think they would have had to pay him off, but this is a totally shortsighted and stupid move by murphy. we could surely have sold hm in january, maybe not for much, but what happens now if we get an injury up front- we can´t sign anyone til january either LIAM :mad:

Colm
12/11/2002, 3:09 PM
Well if they did have to pay him off it seems all the more ridiculous. Surely, they could have continued paying his wages until january because all it takes is one of our strikers to get injured/ suspended and we will have a crisis up front.

OUT

Éanna
12/11/2002, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by COLM
Well if they did have to pay him off it seems all the more ridiculous. Surely, they could have continued paying his wages until january because all it takes is one of our strikers to get injured/ suspended and we will have a crisis up front.

OUT
exactly. yet another power trip by the cardboard cut-out

pete
12/11/2002, 3:24 PM
I'm assuming this true & has come from a source?

Unbeliveable. :rolleyes:

Colin P is now our third (& last) choice striker. This is the same manager that when George was suspended did not have the confidence to start with Colin P that he choose a midfielder (Warren) in his place.

Colin P may have scored 2 goals in 2 games but IMO he has a lot to learn before city can use him as a backup for O'Flynn & O'Callaghan.

Lying 6 points off top in 2nd place & we release a forward so only have 3 strikers.

:confused:

:(

btw since the manager cannot act totally on his own i presume Brian Lennox supports this decision?

Éanna
12/11/2002, 3:28 PM
I'm assuming this true & has come from a source?

I don´t post things unless I´m sure they are true. And as Colm has said it was in the echo, so that confirms it.

This is one of his most ridiculous decisions yet! I don´t know how many people know this, but it was apparently it was Murphy who advised Mountfield to sign him.

stupid stupid stupid. bye bye league, bye bye europe :mad: