PDA

View Full Version : Student Researching Finances in soccer

chrisconlon
14/12/2006, 10:11 PM
I am currenly doing a dissertation in college on finances in soccer. I was wondering if anyone on here has any information on finances in irish soccer and if they could share it with me? i have been told that someone had a post on her a while ago with information that is acquired from the companies registration office, if anyone has this information or knows how i can get it i would be greatful.

A face
14/12/2006, 10:46 PM
Can you give us a bit more detail ... what are you after? Is it sponsorship? Investment or how clubs manage their finances?

There are a few posters on here that work in that industry, should be able to sort you out alright. When do you have to hand it up or do you need all the info a good bit before then.

Student Mullet
14/12/2006, 11:22 PM
I am currenly doing a dissertation in college on finances in soccer. I was wondering if anyone on here has any information on finances in irish soccer and if they could share it with me? i have been told that someone had a post on her a while ago with information that is acquired from the companies registration office, if anyone has this information or knows how i can get it i would be greatful.That was from a fanzine article we published a few months ago. It's in the queue to be uploaded onto our website so hopefully the webmaster (who posts here) will get it up soon. If you give me your e-mail I'll forward on the original copies of the accounts.

chrisconlon
18/12/2006, 11:59 AM
I need information on things like sponsorship in the league, television moneys, player transfer fees, player wages..really anything that helps the clubs to finance themselves. My e-mail address is christopher.conlon@student.dit.ie. I would really appreciate if you could forward me on any information that you have thanks.

OneRedArmy
18/12/2006, 12:04 PM
Good luck, particularly in the area of wages and transfer fees.

You'll find a huge disparity between reality and official documents (eg tax returns and audited accounts) I would imagine.

A face
18/12/2006, 11:19 PM
I need information on things like sponsorship in the league, television moneys, player transfer fees, player wages..really anything that helps the clubs to finance themselves. My e-mail address is christopher.conlon@student.dit.ie. I would really appreciate if you could forward me on any information that you have thanks.

TV money is brutal ... its €5000 a home game and €2500 an away game, there might be a bit more to the in's and out's of it but that is basically it.

I'd suggest asking RTÉ for more exact figures etc.

Lads, can anyone help him out on the rest ??