PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk dig deeper hole

Pages : [1] 2

geezer
14/12/2006, 10:00 PM
the statement tonight heightens the tension, and makes them look even daft.
They could have used it as a chance to come back from the bring, Maybe Danny drew is planning a breakaway league with them

onceahoop
14/12/2006, 10:05 PM
what statement?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link please

geezer
14/12/2006, 10:09 PM
.. i think

DmanDmythDledge
14/12/2006, 10:11 PM
http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p232.htm

I seriously doubt that their complaining will get them anywhere.

Terry
14/12/2006, 10:11 PM
rather than getting them somewhere Dman, it could be keeping them somewhere for a longer period than they would like !

Dr.Nightdub
14/12/2006, 10:13 PM
A less fiery response than Maxi's (http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p232.htm)

Billy Lord
14/12/2006, 10:38 PM
Pathetic.

dcfcsteve
14/12/2006, 11:00 PM
It doesn't actually say anything, to be fair...

Frankfurt Hoop
14/12/2006, 11:25 PM
It says the board are even bigger idiots than their security staff.

14 December 2006: Dundalk FC Statement on the Football Association of Ireland
Dundalk FC Statement

The Board of Dundalk Football Club wish to express our extreme dissatisfaction at the outcome of the Independent Assessment Group process and our subsequent dealings with the FAI. Dundalk Football Club has serious concerns regarding the breakdown of points received for the off-field criteria along with several other concerns. Dundalk FC can confirm to our supporters that we are vigorously pursuing all avenues available to us at this time in order to resolve this unsatisfactory situation.

We are particularly unhappy with unfair statements by FAI Chief Executive John Delaney on the national airwaves. Mr Delaney’s comments were unhelpful and have only served to compound rather than alleviate what is already a volatile situation.

Mr Delaney has requested that we inform our supporters of the reasons why we did not receive an invitation to the Premier League. The correspondence that we have received from the FAI since the decision has been made has been unsatisfactory and we are, therefore, unable to give any such explanation. Dundalk FC will not make any further comment on this matter until early next week.

Board of Directors,
Dundalk Football Club

dcfcsteve
14/12/2006, 11:29 PM
The FAI's statement is showing them up to be complete whningign numpties without a leg to stand on.

This issue is dead now. Dundalk haven't a sensible arguement left that they can make....

Student Mullet
14/12/2006, 11:33 PM
The FAI's statement is showing them up to be complete whningign numpties without a leg to stand on.

This issue is dead now. Dundalk haven't a sensible arguement left that they can make....My prediction is a court challenge. There'll be an initial hearing to set the date. Sometime between then and the actual case Dundalk will quietly withdraw the case and rumours of them being bought off will circulate.

It's the Eircom League way!

Sheridan
14/12/2006, 11:38 PM
Mr Delaney has requested that we inform our supporters of the reasons why we did not receive an invitation to the Premier League. The correspondence that we have received from the FAI since the decision has been made has been unsatisfactory and we are, therefore, unable to give any such explanation.

That's a brilliant retort, exposes Delaney for the charlatan he is. What's good about this statement is that eliminates the you-signed-up-for-it argument from the equation, and questions the validity of the agreed process, which is compromised by the FAI's failure to divulge a detailed breakdown of points awarded. God knows they've had long to "produce" one (or are they concerned that they'd botch it so badly the sum of points allocated in each category wouldn't tally with the declared total?)

Burnsie
15/12/2006, 12:01 AM
look, the losers in this process were always going to have a go at something stemming from the sheer unusualness of the situation. dundalk have nothing to lose, and will inevitably challenge the minutiae of any justification, however legitimate, that is produced. the vast majority of people want a line drawn under this affair, and generally most people are as happy as could be expected in the circumstances.

as has been reasonably argued in another thread, if the FAI point out each and every aspect of how dundalk have lost points [and let's bear in mind that their downfall was in the historical results category, something which is clearly evidenced in actual football matches], they're just making a rod for their own back.

disruptive filibustering nonsense if you ask me. let's get on with it.

Student Mullet
15/12/2006, 12:13 AM
as has been reasonably argued in another thread, if the FAI point out each and every aspect of how dundalk have lost points [and let's bear in mind that their downfall was in the historical results category, something which is clearly evidenced in actual football matches], they're just making a rod for their own back.

disruptive filibustering nonsense if you ask me. let's get on with it.In my experience marking assignments, you're well able to deal with students looking for an improvement in their mark if you've done the job properly and can point out to them where they went wrong. It's the days you don't put the effort into the marking and just give everyone a second class honours that you try to dodge handing out propper results. If the FAI have done this job properly (and, to be fair to them, it seems that they have) they should be able to stand over their decisions.

I agree with you about the filibustering but there's a history of the FAI backing down from such things in the past. There's an oppertinuty here for them to break that record. Hopefully, if they can stand over their decisions, they will.

Mr A
15/12/2006, 12:25 AM
All this crap would be avoided if the FAI had just published the results, in detail, in a public manner.

If it has been done right (and as things stand we have no great evidence to say it hasn't) then they should be able to stand over their results.

Currently it looks like both Dundalk and Limerick could be taking the FAI to court. Truly the bright new dawn of FAI rule is upon us! I wonder would these cases affect the national team at all- and could they potentially hold up the start of the league next year.

Another interesting prospect would be that Dundalk would succeed and Limerick fail, leaving just 7 teams in the first division.....

On the bright side, this has to have been the most interesting close season ever and it's barely started yet!

Dave drummerboy
15/12/2006, 1:16 AM
Look ya can all say your peace about the club moaning about it . I want to get on with the next season win the league and go up . But the one question that the club and the fans want to know is why the hell was there a playoff . We out scored prem teams on the off field part which amazes me . We are better off then some clubs finance wise we have the best picth in the country , some clubs got up that dont have a picth , clubs that struggled to pay wages this year . ITs a joke the whole fai but theres lot we can do and some other club will get screwed over next .

Mr A
15/12/2006, 1:22 AM
Look ya can all say your peace about the club moaning about it . I want to get on with the next season win the league and go up . But the one question that the club and the fans want to know is why the hell was there a playoff . We out scored prem teams on the off field part which amazes me . We are better off then some clubs finance wise we have the best picth in the country , some clubs got up that dont have a picth , clubs that struggled to pay wages this year . ITs a joke the whole fai but theres lot we can do and some other club will get screwed over next

Put. The. Petrol. Down.

Please.

dcfcsteve
15/12/2006, 1:26 AM
Look ya can all say your peace about the club moaning about it . I want to get on with the next season win the league and go up . But the one question that the club and the fans want to know is why the hell was there a playoff .

Have you not read the FAI statement.....? :rolleyes:

Apparently the FAI dropped the play-offs - but the clubs themselves insisted on having it brought back-in, with the points going towards the on-field tally of the club's concerned. Apparently Dundalk were minuted as present and taking part in all of this.

What's your thoughts on who killed lady Diana, btw......?

Dave drummerboy
15/12/2006, 1:27 AM
Dont worry ill not be doing anything like that . Id rather not pay 55 quid a tickets for irish macthes anymore then throw petrol all over myself . Editing this just seen your post and that is ******** dundalk did not re ask for a playoff the fai said there was one about 6 weeks before end of season .

Soper
15/12/2006, 1:43 AM
I seem to remember there being a playoff scheduled since the start of the season....?

Student Mullet
15/12/2006, 2:37 AM
Dont worry ill not be doing anything like that . Id rather not pay 55 quid a tickets for irish macthes anymore then throw petrol all over myself . Editing this just seen your post and that is ******** dundalk did not re ask for a playoff the fai said there was one about 6 weeks before end of season .Here's a post from last May:

http://www.foot.ie/showpost.php?p=482605&postcount=324

Potentially the most pointless game in history?
There's to be a playoff between 11th in the premier and 2nd in the first for who will be ranked 12th or 13th gaining the winner 1 point. Even worse, in the very likely scenario that one or both teams aren't within a ranking point of the team above or below them in the 200 points for the current season, it will make no difference at all to their overall score because in that section it's the ranking and not the overall score that counts.

This has the potential to be one of the most pointless end of season game in football's history.

At the end of 2006 playing season, clubs will be allocated ‘competition points’ on the basis of
their League standings and performances in FAI & League Cups and Europe. When the total
‘competition points’ accrued by each club is tallied, they will be ranked accordingly – the club
with the highest number of competition points is ranked 1, with the club with the lowest number
of competition points ranked 22 for the purposes of the IAG process.

League: Premier Division League winners receive 22 points, runners-up 21 points reducing on a
point per position down to 1 point for bottom place in the 1st Division.

Last place finisher in Premiership in regular season will be ‘relegated’ => ranked #14 in league
standings and allocated 9pts
1st Division winner will be ‘Promoted’ => ranked #11 in league standings and allocated 12pts

Club finishing 11th in Premier will play off against 1st Division runners up.
Winners of the play off will be finish #12 in League standings and gain 11pts
Losers of the play off will be ranked 13th and allocated 10pts.

SeanDrog
15/12/2006, 7:34 AM
now does answer your question regarding the playoff - the obvious next question is why your club is claiming to be ignorant of the playoffs role and are claiming they were duped ... still trust your directors every word on this issue?

oriel
15/12/2006, 7:50 AM
from dundalkfc.com

15 December 2006: Ahern slams outcome

Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Dermot Ahern TD told The Argus "I find it incredible that a team which hsa performed to such a high standard and attracted such growing support should be denied it's rightful place - promotion to the Premier League"
I have, among thousands of other fans from Dundalk, followed the team all season. They have shown great skill and courage in battling to the promotion places and defeated a Premiership side in the play-off. Yet they have been denied promotion based on what I can only describe as a somewhat crude set of statistical analysis that flies in the face of natural justice".
"Why have the play-off's in the first place? Why put the team and fans to such huge expense? Clearly it wasn't in the script that Dundalk succeed....I call on the FAI to reconsider this decision. And even at this stage to extend the number of teams in the Premier League to include Dundalk".

Terry
15/12/2006, 7:56 AM
The man hasnt a clue either

gufct
15/12/2006, 8:53 AM
I seriously wonder about the future of Dundalk F.C..Is there anyone involved who actually read the proposals for the new league before they voted for them. They keep going on about the points given for off field matters when it was their on field points that did for them.

The harping on about the playoff is laughable as everyone except for the lazy journos knew that all this counted for was a few extra points in their overall score.

green-blood
15/12/2006, 9:02 AM
Yet they have been denied promotion

ahh for christ sake.

Promote the ****ers, promote them to the premier division of the Eircom league for next year.

They can be the only club in the feckon thing.

when are they going to just grow the feck up

harpskid
15/12/2006, 9:19 AM
Club finishing 11th in Premier will play off against 1st Division runners up.
Winners of the play off will be finish #12 in League standings and gain 11pts
Losers of the play off will be ranked 13th and allocated 10pts.

Could someone email this to Dundalk Football Club....

GuisaSaigon
15/12/2006, 9:21 AM
from dundalkfc.com

Ireland's Minister for Foreign Affairs Dermot Ahern TD told The Argus "I find it incredible that a team which hsa performed to such a high standard and attracted such growing support should be denied it's rightful place - promotion to the Premier League"
I have, among thousands of other fans from Dundalk, followed the team all season. They have shown great skill and courage in battling to the promotion places and defeated a Premiership side in the play-off. Yet they have been denied promotion based on what I can only describe as a somewhat crude set of statistical analysis that flies in the face of natural justice".
"Why have the play-off's in the first place? Why put the team and fans to such huge expense? Clearly it wasn't in the script that Dundalk succeed....I call on the FAI to reconsider this decision. And even at this stage to extend the number of teams in the Premier League to include Dundalk".

Might have something to do with an election coming up next year and Dundalk being his consituency. A government minister really shouldnt be trying to bully a football assosciation in to doing what he wants.

NY Hoop
15/12/2006, 10:31 AM
Might have something to do with an election coming up next year and Dundalk being his consituency. A government minister really shouldnt be trying to bully a football assosciation in to doing what he wants.

"Thousands of other Dundalk fans"?? Where?

"Premiership"?:rolleyes:

Message to DFC: LET. IT .GO.

KOH

harpskid
15/12/2006, 10:34 AM
And even at this stage to extend the number of teams in the Premier League to include Dundalk

Mr Ahern, don't give up the dayjob. Although with drivel like that you probably should!

sniffa
15/12/2006, 1:24 PM
from dundalkfc.com

Empty vessels, me thinks:confused:

BlueAsItGoes
15/12/2006, 1:31 PM
I just wonder what the Waterford United board are thinking or doing at this moment. I know the Dundalk board are not happy about winning a play-off and not getting promoted (which they should be ) but think of it this way. We were in the Premier League for the last 5 years - ok we struggled for the last 2 years but our off the Field problems are gone we were improving on the Field. We were replaced in the Premier league by a team that finished 3rd in the First Division. Now Im happy for Galway to be up there they have worked hard also but Waterford United were told at the Start of the year get Your off the field problems sorted and u WILL be in the Premier League....

Just 1 more point we had our Annual Dinner Dance recently which John Delaney was present at that dance he TOLD people there WATERFORD UNITED were in the Premier League next year thats the reason people are ****ed off down here. And this is TRUE i heard it myself

dcfcsteve
15/12/2006, 1:39 PM
We were replaced in the Premier league by a team that finished 3rd in the First Division.

How were you replacfed by the club who finished third ?? How were you replaced by ANY specific club ?? :confused:

The whole idea of the process was to start from scratch and assess the teams. You therefore were replaced by your failure to meet the required standard - not by any particularly team.

Waterford really do have nothing to cry about here. Under the old system you WOULD have been replaced by the 3rd-placed team from the First division anyway. And bloody rightly so...!

bigmac
15/12/2006, 1:56 PM
Waterford aren't crying about anything steve. Anyone regular poster here who supports the club has held their hand up and said fair enough, First Division next year. I would be curious as to why we received such a low score for the off the field criteria, as according to the points breakdown that has been posted up, the structures do appear to have been put in place. I'm not whinging about the mark we received, but the same as everyone else, I'd like to see where we lost so many points compared to other clubs.

WeAreRovers
15/12/2006, 2:14 PM
Ahern is as big a plank as Gill. Will someone at Dundalk please tell the club and local representatives to shut the hell up. As Delaney has said, the club has a responsibilty to inform the fans that they knew about the play-off and that they knew about the criteria for entry to the new league.

For a club that has been an embarrassment for years this is a new low.

KOH

oriel
15/12/2006, 2:42 PM
A new low ?

How about Rovers using sports captial grant money to pay players wages in 2004 and 2005 ?

Still unanswered questions about your off field points total after fraudulent years of accounting by your club.

Zero and I mean zero holligans within your club ?

And this weeks favourite, the fai coming out supporting tallaght while letting Limerick rot.

The fxxxing audacity of you lot is unbelievable.

gerryscore
15/12/2006, 2:48 PM
did anyone really expect dundalk and our fans to just take being left in division 1 without all this tit-for-tat rubbish?

the board and all connected with the club are merely trying to keep the fans interested and the current bandwagon afloat by appearing to fight a decision which is unfortunately correct and in my eyes, and hopefully in most non-retarded dundalk fans, should be forgotten about and put to bed before it becomes an even bigger farce. dundalk picked up a great amount of support and local media attention this season and our board, in my eyes, are trying their very best to keep our numbers up in this regard.

what i would ask our own fans, and indeed fans of all eircom league clubs, to do is to leave this supposed 'matter' in the hands of dundalk's apparent legal team and that fai. it is a complete non-story which detracts from a real sporting farce, and that is the fact that limerick may possibly be without an eircom league entrant this term.

on behalf of reasonable dundalk fans i'd like to apologise for our club, and one utter fool who associates himself with it, detracting from the main issue at hand and that is the dawn of a new league.

best of luck to those in the new premier and make no mistake about it, dundalk fc will be back where i feel we belong sooner rather than later. but i just hope to god we do it the right way and in doing so win back some of the pride and dignity one of ireland's finest clubs has thrown away in the past week.

WeAreRovers
15/12/2006, 2:51 PM
A new low ?

How about Rovers using sports captial grant money to pay players wages in 2004 and 2005 ?

Still unanswered questions about your off field points total after fraudulent years of accounting by your club.

Zero and I mean zero holligans within your club ?

And this weeks favourite, the fai coming out supporting tallaght while letting Limerick rot.

The fxxxing audacity of you lot is unbelievable.

Our club is run well in a professional manner and has firm targets to reach in the next 5 years across all aspects of football - on the pitch, off the pitch and in the community.

Your club and Limerick, on the other hand are both a complete mess (Limerick are worse obviously but it's all relative)

Sort your club out and see what happens. You never know, it might surprise you....

KOH

CharlesThompson
15/12/2006, 3:12 PM
did anyone really expect dundalk and our fans to just take being left in division 1 without all this tit-for-tat rubbish?

the board and all connected with the club are merely trying to keep the fans interested and the current bandwagon afloat by appearing to fight a decision which is unfortunately correct and in my eyes, and hopefully in most non-retarded dundalk fans, should be forgotten about and put to bed before it becomes an even bigger farce. dundalk picked up a great amount of support and local media attention this season and our board, in my eyes, are trying their very best to keep our numbers up in this regard.

what i would ask our own fans, and indeed fans of all eircom league clubs, to do is to leave this supposed 'matter' in the hands of dundalk's apparent legal team and that fai. it is a complete non-story which detracts from a real sporting farce, and that is the fact that limerick may possibly be without an eircom league entrant this term.

on behalf of reasonable dundalk fans i'd like to apologise for our club, and one utter fool who associates himself with it, detracting from the main issue at hand and that is the dawn of a new league.

best of luck to those in the new premier and make no mistake about it, dundalk fc will be back where i feel we belong sooner rather than later. but i just hope to god we do it the right way and in doing so win back some of the pride and dignity one of ireland's finest clubs has thrown away in the past week.

Well said gerryscore.

Dundalk have been crying now for the best part of 3 or 4 months about this process. To me it smacks of them knowing that they would not make the Premier Division and so were laying the seeds for some court action.

You didn't win enough points and so you didn't get in. Take your scolding.

oriel
15/12/2006, 3:28 PM
We are rovers

You avoided every single point I raised.

Never once did I make the suggestion that DFC ticks every box going, far from it infact, its the thought of other fans having a go while suggesting that eveything is rosy in their garden, typical irish double standards, of which rovers are a prime and disgraceful example of.

If you had read the widely available results fromt the IAG, you will see we actually came joint 8th overall from 21 clubs on the off field points section.

hoopy
15/12/2006, 3:30 PM
Can someone tell me why,if this is a shock to John Gill, has he spent the last few weeks signing and approaching FIRST DIVISION players?

gerryscore
15/12/2006, 3:34 PM
why ask a question you know the answer to? gill is obviously using this to motivate his players for next season. did anyone expect anything different?

hoopy
15/12/2006, 3:40 PM
why ask a question you know the answer to? gill is obviously using this to motivate his players for next season. did anyone expect anything different?

So Gill is allowed to sign first division players, then Dundalk run amok over having to play there next season. Super business practice. The gas thing, and something I'm amazed at, is that not one Dundalk fan seems to know that your chairman told your manager a few weeks ago that Dundalk wouldn't have the budget to compete in the Premier division

mcgonigle
15/12/2006, 3:42 PM
Our club is run well in a professional manner and has firm targets to reach in the next 5 years across all aspects of football - on the pitch, off the pitch and in the community.

Rovers have only been run in a "professional" manner for the last year, before that Rovers were the biggest embarrassment of all, with your dodgy practices, you should be ashamed, I think you should take a good long look at how your club used to be before having a go at other clubs.

Your club and Limerick, on the other hand are both a complete mess (Limerick are worse obviously but it's all relative)

Sort your club out and see what happens. You never know, it might surprise you....

KOH

How can a club that obtains a Premier licence be a mess??? (Cant wait to hear you explain this one) and remember we abided by the strict criteria (as you's like to call it)to get it

mcgonigle
15/12/2006, 3:43 PM
The gas thing, and something I'm amazed at, is that not one Dundalk fan seems to know that your chairman told your manager a few weeks ago that Dundalk wouldn't have the budget to compete in the Premier division

Have you a source for this or were you in the room at the time??

WeAreRovers
15/12/2006, 3:46 PM
We are rovers

You avoided every single point I raised.

Never once did I make the suggestion that DFC ticks every box going, far from it infact, its the thought of other fans having a go while suggesting that eveything is rosy in their garden, typical irish double standards, of which rovers are a prime and disgraceful example of.

If you had read the widely available results fromt the IAG, you will see we actually came joint 8th overall from 21 clubs on the off field points section.

Only because you answered them yourself. All of Rovers transgressions over the last few years (as listed by you) cost us points in the off-the-field criteria. Hence being 2 points behind Dundalk.

But, and it's a massive but, things have changed at Rovers - in a fundamental way and for the better. This has been taken into consideration by the FAI and the IAG.

As pointed out before, this is about the future of Irish football not the past. Otherwise Rovers and Dundalk would be the first 2 teams in the League.

KOH

mcgonigle
15/12/2006, 3:52 PM
As pointed out before, this is about the future of Irish football not the past. Otherwise Rovers and Dundalk would be the first 2 teams in the League.

KOH

Just curious, if this is true then why did they take the last 4 years on the field performances into account when they made the criteria??

hoopy
15/12/2006, 3:58 PM
Have you a source for this or were you in the room at the time??

Let's just say one of your manager's buddies has a big mouth

mcgonigle
15/12/2006, 4:00 PM
Let's just say one of your manager's buddies has a big mouth

Its not Billy Big Mouth is it? :eek:
Damn him!

Billy Lord
15/12/2006, 4:05 PM
Rovers have only been run in a "professional" manner for the last year, before that Rovers were the biggest embarrassment of all, with your dodgy practices, you should be ashamed, I think you should take a good long look at how your club used to be before having a go at other clubs.

How do you expect to be taken seriously when you make clueless remarks such as that?
Not only were we ashamed of those dodgy practices, we also ran those responsible out of our club, paid for and bought our club out of examinership, and now run the club ourselves.