PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Limerick FC. Please sign.

Pages : [1] 2

joeSoap
14/12/2006, 1:52 PM
Please please sign this (http://www.petitiononline.com/lfc123/petition.html)

Rovers1
14/12/2006, 1:56 PM
just did it ;)

Kingdom
14/12/2006, 1:57 PM
Me too. Football is needed in the cities:cool:

Terry
14/12/2006, 1:59 PM
Done, best of luck

garyderry
14/12/2006, 2:01 PM
its all well and good saying football is needed in places like limerick city

but you cant just make a farce of the liciencing either, abnd if a club fails just let them in anyway, or what is the point in the first place.

let them get their act together and then re-apply for a licience

joeSoap
14/12/2006, 2:13 PM
its all well and good saying football is needed in places like limerick city

but you cant just make a farce of the liciencing either, abnd if a club fails just let them in anyway, or what is the point in the first place.

let them get their act together and then re-apply for a licience

Thanks for your support Gary...just what we need.:rolleyes:

BlueAsItGoes
14/12/2006, 2:17 PM
Just done best of Luck.

pete
14/12/2006, 2:22 PM
This may be harsh but I don't know what you want people to do. I;m unsure about the value of the licencing system but looks like Limerick FC far away from a 1st division licence. There are clearly dedicated people amoung your ranks but alos does seem like far too few of them in recent years...

joeSoap
14/12/2006, 2:30 PM
This may be harsh but I don't know what you want people to do. I;m unsure about the value of the licencing system but looks like Limerick FC far away from a 1st division licence. There are clearly dedicated people amoung your ranks but alos does seem like far too few of them in recent years...
Basically I'm trying to drum up as much support as possible. I know people can't do much, but surely if a healthily presented petition is presented, then that means that more people are aware of our plight and some assistance may come along for an unexpected source or two....

We are at the desperate stage here....

osarusan
14/12/2006, 2:47 PM
Done.........who is Rory Monaghan who voted no...........and why did he bother?

strangeirish
14/12/2006, 2:50 PM
Done and good luck lads. BTW, who's the pr*ck that said no?

centre mid
14/12/2006, 3:00 PM
Just done it

thedoyler
14/12/2006, 3:06 PM
Done and i got my brother to sign it too, 2 more!

Kildare Lad
14/12/2006, 3:24 PM
Just imagine this was happening to the club you supported?

Done.

Pauro 76
14/12/2006, 3:31 PM
Just voted, best of luck!

TheBoss
14/12/2006, 3:34 PM
Voted aswell

Hulsey
14/12/2006, 4:28 PM
Just did it. Good luck and take no notice of that c.u.n.t that said no. Theres always one pr!ck who tries to ruin someones good work. Should be ashamed of himself :mad: :mad:

steno
14/12/2006, 4:52 PM
Put my name to it. Best of luck with all this joesoap.

Rory Monaghan your not even remotely funny. Go get a life you sad sad man.

gufcfan
14/12/2006, 5:06 PM
I strongly believe that senior soccer should survive in Limerick...

BUT it should not be at the expense of maintaining the standards that have been laid down.

That said with a club in such trouble, the FAI should be doing everything possible to save them, within the rules of course.

Having another club fall to pieces is the last thing we need.

Clubs like Galway United are setting the standard in the licensing process and have been recognised by UEFA as doing so but the FAI then allow situations like this to happen...

GuisaSaigon
14/12/2006, 5:06 PM
Just signed it Good Luck !

oriel
14/12/2006, 9:36 PM
No question Limerick should be saved. The lge is only as strong as its weakest club. I read on aertel the fai are helping rovers with tallaght. oh sure thats just great for them, how about help poor limeirck. NOW

Poor Student
14/12/2006, 9:38 PM
Didn't the FAI try to help Limerick get a lease on Hogan Park months ago?

gael353
14/12/2006, 10:00 PM
This is the crux of the problem. Limerick were about to gain the lease some months ago however the FAI stepped in without consulting Limerick and offered to take the lease instead. Now its clear the FAI dont like DD, but they should have told him. In responce DD stopped investing in the ground or paying fines concerning the ground(why should he if he doesnt have responsibility for it) These were (if we have been refused the licence) some of the reasons given. Lets make one thing clear Limerick are not being refused a licence on criteria. THe one everyone is pointing out btw is the physiotherapist aspect. As per licence rules every club in the LOI must have at all home and away games a CHARTERED physiotherapist. Limerick have a sports physiotherapist. So how many of the other 21 clubs have a chartered physiotherapist on their books :rolleyes:
YOuth system; so limerick start one up, who would they play? every club locally would revolt and turn against them. Why do Athlone Town have to travel to Dublin every weekend to play their underage matches. Yes Athlone Town underage teams play in the DDSL.

So we have a clean tax cert, reasons for not pumping tons of money into Hogan Park (btw have the FAI got that lease yet? :rolleyes: ) We do schools coaching programmes as to not upset local underage bodies, and our Physiotherapist is like all other 20 clubs in the LOI. UNCHARTED. So why are we being refused a licence again?

geezer
14/12/2006, 10:07 PM
did that jebus sign it

A face
14/12/2006, 11:24 PM
This is the crux of the problem. Limerick were about to gain the lease some months ago however the FAI stepped in without consulting Limerick and offered to take the lease instead. Now its clear the FAI dont like DD, but they should have told him. In responce DD stopped investing in the ground or paying fines concerning the ground(why should he if he doesnt have responsibility for it) These were (if we have been refused the licence) some of the reasons given. Lets make one thing clear Limerick are not being refused a licence on criteria. THe one everyone is pointing out btw is the physiotherapist aspect. As per licence rules every club in the LOI must have at all home and away games a CHARTERED physiotherapist. Limerick have a sports physiotherapist. So how many of the other 21 clubs have a chartered physiotherapist on their books :rolleyes:
YOuth system; so limerick start one up, who would they play? every club locally would revolt and turn against them. Why do Athlone Town have to travel to Dublin every weekend to play their underage matches. Yes Athlone Town underage teams play in the DDSL.

So we have a clean tax cert, reasons for not pumping tons of money into Hogan Park (btw have the FAI got that lease yet? :rolleyes: ) We do schools coaching programmes as to not upset local underage bodies, and our Physiotherapist is like all other 20 clubs in the LOI. UNCHARTED. So why are we being refused a licence again?

This is exactly what the FAI seem to be about these days ..... well its the FAI of old as well i suppose.

dundalksarge
15/12/2006, 2:57 AM
Signed the petition and wish Limerick FC the best of luck with the petition , would be a shame to lose another club especially one with the tradition that Limerick fc has.

Mental Man
15/12/2006, 7:40 AM
Just signed it also, good luck Limerick, hopefully we'll see ya in the new season !!;) .

Terry
15/12/2006, 8:33 AM
Sad to see more people saying no, one of them being a rovers fan and the other one a bray fan !

Raheny Red
15/12/2006, 9:37 AM
An online petition isn't worth the pape...........better off getting signatures ;)

Anyway, signed :p :o

harpskid
15/12/2006, 9:47 AM
From the FAI

Limerick FC unsuccessful in attaining League Licence

Dublin, December 15th

The FAI today confirmed that Limerick FC had not been successful in attaining a League Licence for the 2007 season. The club had appealed the decision of the Club Licensing First Instance Committee to the Club Licensing Appeal Board which upheld the original decision.

The awarding of a League Licence is based on fulfilling criteria across Sporting, Personnel & Administrative, Legal, Infrastructural and Financial areas of the club. The Club Licensing process, governed by UEFA, now in its 4th year, sets out to ensure certain minimum standards are in place at every club and has, since 2002, helped many clubs bring a more businesslike approach to their operations in the Eircom League of Ireland.

Limerick FC’s failure to receive a licence is the first occasion since the process was introduced that an Irish club has not been awarded any licence.

Commenting on the situation, FAI Chief Executive Officer, John Delaney said it was disappointing that any club would fail to attain a licence but added that the minimum standards applied to all clubs and that many clubs had used the process to improve their operations considerably as they sought greater success both on and off the pitch. “The adjudication both at first instance and appeal stages is carried out by two separate committees comprising independent outside experts in the fields of legal, financial, infrastructural and sporting administration”.

Delaney said that the FAI wanted to see an Eircom League club in the major population centres in the country including Limerick. “In the light of today’s decision, we would welcome other applications for a Licence from the Limerick area”, he said. “We want a healthy Limerick based club in the new Eircom League of Ireland and if interested entities seek a licence, we would assess them carefully for their suitability to meet the criteria required to play in the League”, he added.

The Association is committed to developing the game in Limerick and is in detailed talks to take over the lease of Hogan Park. Once this is complete the FAI plan to develop the facility as a base for senior football in the area. “We are also due to meet with the local authorities in the area to discuss the placement of extra, co-funded, development officers in the region and bring the same benefits to the area which are currently proving so successful through the work of the FAI’s Football in the Community Development Officers in Dublin City, particularly in the disadvantaged areas”, he said.

ENDS

DmanDmythDledge
15/12/2006, 11:03 AM
To be honest Limerick don't meet the licensing requirements so they shouldn't get one. Simple as that. Sentiment shouldn't come into. If we want the league to progress we can't let any club get it regardless of how they are run.

rebs23
15/12/2006, 11:46 AM
If we want the league to progress then we need clubs in places like Limerick. Best of luck and I hope the FAI can invest some money in time in getting Limerick sorted.

Partizan
15/12/2006, 12:00 PM
To be honest Limerick don't meet the licensing requirements so they shouldn't get one. Simple as that. Sentiment shouldn't come into. If we want the league to progress we can't let any club get it regardless of how they are run.

With the FAI bending over backwards to help Rovers, why not with Limerick. Afterall the FAI went behind Drew's back regarding the licence which as we will see, contributed to the negative outcome. Limerick badly need this lease and every available assistance from everybody who is passionate about the LOI.

Not surprised in the slightest to hear a smug, negative comments. Are you or one of your ilk the Rory bloke. The FAI must do everything possible to preserve senior football in Ireland's third city. LFC unlike UCD have a rich and proud tradition and if rescued have a lot more going for them than UCD would or ever will.

Signed it Joe and will send you a pm.

Yours in football.

Hulsey
15/12/2006, 1:15 PM
For some reason someone decided to sign my name as saying no when it was on it earlier saying yes:rolleyes: . Some people are just hilarious:mad:

Sonic
15/12/2006, 1:24 PM
Considering lims didnt get the licence on appeal i thought id lend my support. If the fai can help shamrock rovers get to tallaght the cnuts should do the same and help get limerick on their feet.

thomas
15/12/2006, 3:25 PM
THe one everyone is pointing out btw is the physiotherapist aspect. As per licence rules every club in the LOI must have at all home and away games a CHARTERED physiotherapist. Limerick have a sports physiotherapist. So how many of the other 21 clubs have a chartered physiotherapist on their books :rolleyes:
YOuth system; so limerick start one up, who would they play? every club locally would revolt and turn against them. So we have a clean tax cert, reasons for not pumping tons of money into Hogan Park (btw have the FAI got that lease yet? :rolleyes: ) We do schools coaching programmes as to not upset local underage bodies, and our Physiotherapist is like all other 20 clubs in the LOI. UNCHARTED. So why are we being refused a licence again?

I think you missed how the thing works.
if you showed that you were going to get a chartered physio in time for the season you would not have failed that point, how is that a problem - they aslo accepted equivalent qualifications if that wa an issue... so that suggest you didn't even bother.
As for the schools thing, a coaching link up with lcal clubs would have been the way to go, but if not, why not by pass them and do a link with a local school? its not rocket science.

jebus
15/12/2006, 5:57 PM
did that jebus sign it

Jesus I feel like the belle of the ball around here lately, I have Galway fans hanging on my every word!

And yes I did sign it

sligoman
15/12/2006, 9:54 PM
I signed it...but it's a bit late now:(.

sniffa
16/12/2006, 12:30 AM
Done. Wishing you's the best of luck.

DmanDmythDledge
16/12/2006, 10:06 AM
and if rescued have a lot more going for them than UCD would or ever will.
:eek: :D

iceman
16/12/2006, 10:32 AM
Just signed - best of luck with it.

sligoman
16/12/2006, 5:32 PM
:eek: :DHow can you find that funny when it's actually true?:confused:

onceahoop
16/12/2006, 8:25 PM
Signed it. It would not fit in with the FAI's plan for football if there was no team in the South West. Did I read that the FAI want foootbal in Limerick to continue but not with the present people involved (presume that means Drew). What's Father Joe saying if anything about the lease.

Tir Oilean
17/12/2006, 3:08 PM
Done best of luck with the campaign

DmanDmythDledge
17/12/2006, 10:45 PM
How can you find that funny when it's actually true?:confused:
:D Worst wind up ever.:D

Martinho II
18/12/2006, 4:37 PM
signed as well. like limerick as a club after playin them in the fai cup a few years ago. limerick needs an eircom league club considerin the size of the city . i hope that they will get something sorted.

Ozymandias
19/12/2006, 2:50 PM
done .....god luck

geraldo1977
19/12/2006, 3:17 PM
Done...Best of luck

GavinZac
20/12/2006, 6:02 PM
whats the point of this, i mean, petitions are usually addressed to somebody, or describe a proposal. of course everyone wants soccer in limerick - but would that not be better served by a poll than some ridiculous petition of opinions addressed to nobody?

Tazskool
22/12/2006, 2:18 PM
I have signed it and put a question in there I would really like the FAI should answer for everyone to hear.... but I doubt they will..