PDA

View Full Version : Rumours

Éanna
11/11/2002, 7:00 PM
Following hot on the heels of the rumour on the citynet forum about Mulligan leaving (which it now appears is true) is a rumour that Devine will be signing for Bohs at the end of the season. see here (http://www.eirways.com/citynet/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1401)
I´m not saying for a minute that this is true or otherwise, but it kinda fits a pattern. it´s not the first time a rumour has appeared on that site and turned out to be true and Devine has shown signs of frustration with gunthers "tactics." Anyone believe it?

*disclaimer: this is a rumour (just before I get accused of anything!)

A face
11/11/2002, 7:58 PM
If it is true .... we will be losing one of the best keepers in the league. Something has to be done about it.

foureyes
11/11/2002, 8:10 PM
There is nothing we can do about it. Getting rid of murphy is possibly something we can do - I expect him to be bawled out it more and more toward the end of the season, but if Mick has decided to leave then theres nothing to be done.

Ashely Bayes (the bohs keeper) is not popular with the fans as he is somewhat error prone and I'm sure Stephen Kenny would be thrilled to sign Devine. They would be really strong then - I actually fancy them to do quite well in Europe, if they sign Devine they could really impress. Im not talking about winning the champions league but hopefully doing the league proud after shels poor performance this season. They are keeping their best players and signing players to improve their squad.

Unlike City who are trying to hold onto the good players we have and I think few of us expect us to be able to. Depressing isnt it.

I still think Mooney is a quality keeper; not as good as Devine of course but with the right manager and a couple of additions to the squad we could and should be challenging for the league and not relying on devine so much.

niamh
12/11/2002, 9:43 AM
As a rumour is is pretty disturbing. Devine has kept City in many of the games this season. Super keeper.

Gary
12/11/2002, 11:25 AM
Huh! The only person who will like this news is James (:p )!!!

Seriously though if we loose Devine it will be a disaster. He is my candidate for Player of the season, and if he goes it will just be indicative of Gunthers charm!

Real ale Madrid
12/11/2002, 11:33 AM
Devine has been without question City's player of the year. If you are even thinking of releasing your best player then it shows, no ambition, no foresight and a manager with no chance.
I've tried to defend him but I can't any longer - MURPHY OUT.

I hope its just a rumour.

Éanna
12/11/2002, 1:40 PM
like I said, it's only a rumour and I hope thats how it stays. i'm at the stage now where i dont care what it takes to get rid of murphy. the man is a cancer on our club and must be removed NOW :mad:

pete
12/11/2002, 2:06 PM
Devine has made the odd error this season but his strengths far outweigh his failings.

His performance in Dalymount earlier this season was the best game i've ever seen a keepr play! He rode his luck but the amount of point blank saves he made saved city from a thumping - IMO Devine saved us from a worse defeat than both Richmond Park tragedies.

Aside from the fact Devine may be leaving due to you know who i think we are destined to lose our best fulltime players to Bohs & $hel$ in the coming years. I doubt there are many players willing to stay playing fulltime with any part-time club in the league let alone city when bohs & $hel$ are looking to sign them.

:(

Éanna
12/11/2002, 2:10 PM
Originally posted by pete
i think we are destined to lose our best fulltime players to Bohs & $hel$ in the coming years. I doubt there are many players willing to stay playing fulltime with any part-time club in the league let alone city when bohs & $hel$ are looking to sign them.

It's a big worry alright, but having a brain dead chimp for a manager doesn't help the situation :mad:

niamh
12/11/2002, 2:42 PM
And there ain't exactly a lot of incentives to make them stay :(

James
12/11/2002, 5:18 PM
Originally posted by GWA
Huh! The only person who will like this news is James (:p )!!!

g'way outa that ya lang3r
twas only just the last few games i was getting used to devine taking over from mooney ... the guys played amazingly well this season

murph - its time to pack your bags

johnnydontgo
12/11/2002, 6:16 PM
If it is true .... we will be losing one of the best keepers in the league. Something has to be done about it.

howz about MURPHY OUT!!!!!!!!

niamh
12/11/2002, 6:26 PM
Mooney isn't a bad choice either, but Mick is playing out of his skin this season.

johnnydontgo
12/11/2002, 6:30 PM
if devine goes to bohs then good luck to him.

not as if hes going to win anything here.

:rolleyes:

Éanna
13/11/2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by niamh
Mooney isn't a bad choice either, but Mick is playing out of his skin this season. Mooney´s an excellent keeper, but letting devine go would be madness. Think how hard other teams find it to beat him, do we want ourselves to have the same problem?!