PDA

View Full Version : Potential signings

thedoyler
14/12/2006, 9:27 AM
Eddie says he's close to signing a very good striker, and maybe 4 other players will be coming in. Anyone have any idea who he has lined up/in mind?

BrayUnknowns
14/12/2006, 11:36 AM
Jason Byrne :-)

BrayUnknowns
14/12/2006, 12:37 PM
But seriously who could it be that Eddie is talking about? Just trying to think of players who "might" be available.....

Philly Hughes? Chris Armstrong? Gary O'Neill? Vinny Arkins? Aidain O'Keefe? Eamon Zayed? Glen Fitzpatrick? Dave Mooney? Darren Mansaram?

Bit like trying to pick a needle out of haystack as to trying to guess the players were talking to....... He also said he wated to sign a keeper, midfielder and more strikers (if i remember right?)

thedoyler
14/12/2006, 1:33 PM
The return of jayo would be a dream, on that subject, do you think any of the shels players who are out of contract are in the list he's pursuing. It seems he has a definite idea of who he wants, just not many past him know who he wants!

Hulsey
14/12/2006, 3:59 PM
But seriously who could it be that Eddie is talking about? Just trying to think of players who "might" be available.....

Philly Hughes? Chris Armstrong? Gary O'Neill? Vinny Arkins? Aidain O'Keefe? Eamon Zayed? Glen Fitzpatrick? Dave Mooney? Darren Mansaram?

Bit like trying to pick a needle out of haystack as to trying to guess the players were talking to....... He also said he wated to sign a keeper, midfielder and more strikers (if i remember right?)

Come on it took us long enough to get rid of him, why would we want him back? He was found out to be the lazy waster he is at drogheda this season.

Don't think Arkins would be a good signing as he's a bit on the old side, and O'Neill, Fitzpatrick and Mansaram would be likely to get offers from bigger clubs (Mansaram will probably end up at Bohs). Really are lacking a striker and anyone who can get us 15-20 next season would make a huge difference

Hulsey
14/12/2006, 4:02 PM
The return of jayo would be a dream, on that subject, do you think any of the shels players who are out of contract are in the list he's pursuing. It seems he has a definite idea of who he wants, just not many past him know who he wants!

As nice as the tought of Jayo returning is, theres as much chance of them signing me as there is getting him back:D . Can't see any of the decent shels players not getting offers from bigger clubs. Could be worth having a look at someone like Jamie Harris though

BrayUnknowns
14/12/2006, 4:04 PM
Come on it took us long enough to get rid of him, why would we want him back? He was found out to be the lazy waster he is at drogheda this season.

Don't think Arkins would be a good signing as he's a bit on the old side, and O'Neill, Fitzpatrick and Mansaram would be likely to get offers from bigger clubs (Mansaram will probably end up at Bohs). Really are lacking a striker and anyone who can get us 15-20 next season would make a huge difference

Virtually every club in the league lacks a striker who can bag 15-20 goals a season !

The above are players who i'm only mentioning

Hulsey
15/12/2006, 1:46 PM
Virtually every club in the league lacks a striker who can bag 15-20 goals a season !

The above are players who i'm only mentioning

Yeah i get ya, but nice as it would be to get one or two of them on board, don't really see it happening:(. And on the goals a season thing thats just the usual "magic" number thrown around as targets by strikers, anyone who could get to 10 would be an asset

braysnumber1
18/12/2006, 4:39 PM
very good striker
Steven Flynn?? wud be good signing..

also heard that 3 new signings have been made and will be announced during the week.

thedoyler
18/12/2006, 10:41 PM
He is available and is a good player i wouldnt say no...

Grasshopper 99
19/12/2006, 11:06 AM

also heard that 3 new signings have been made and will be announced during the week.

Heard yesterday that he has signed for us, Dublin wanderer also heard from a completely different source, what a great signing if it is true, as it shows that the club want to move forward,

Also,

Two move from Gypsies

Mark Duggan and Paul Dunphy have signed for Bray for next season. Both were previously with Bohemians
Mark Duggan is a promising ex-Belvedere player who first came to prominence under Gino Brazil in Bohs' Under-21 team. Mark is a real live-wire and hard-working central midfielder with a fine left foot and a great engine.
He made his senior début away to Derry City on 2 August 2005, and then had an impressive first full game away to Longford Town four days later. 21 senior appearances in 2005 & 2006.

Forward Paul Dunphy scored on his first team début in Bohemians' League Cup tie against St Patricks Athletic on 21 June 2005. Formerly with Cherry Orchard, he has made 20 senior appearances for Bohs in the past two seasons.

Taken from www.Braywanderers.ie (http://www.Braywanderers.ie)

dublinwanderer
19/12/2006, 3:33 PM
nothing announced about o'flynn yet, wud be quality signing though. The 2 young lads shud be good. does anyone know anything about them?

braysnumber1
19/12/2006, 3:41 PM

P Hughes- has signed a new contract with Dundalk.
C Armstrong- free wud be gud signing
G O'Neill- wud be brilliant signing but has had talks wit derry so prob end up ther.
V Arkins- too old and past it imo
A O'Keefe- wud be gud signing but i doubt we'd sign him
E Zayed- no chance of us signing him again, wud accept him back though if he promised too work harder
G Fitzpatrick- excellent signing if made
D Mooney- afaik signed new contract at longfrod- never really liked him though
D Mansaram- quality signing but will end up in bohs wit old boss sean connor.

we defo need new quality up front......

Green&whitearmy
19/12/2006, 5:33 PM
Heard rumours around the club that tony grant and glen fitzpatrick are in the advanced stages of negotiations. Talking to Eddie today and he said he was close to signing a quality centre back, he wouldn't mention his name.

They would be great signings if we could get our hands on them.

BrayUnknowns
19/12/2006, 7:07 PM
Were not the biggest club in the league so to be able to sign 2 players of that stature would be a real coup for the club and would give us more than enough fire power for next season.

But it's all pie in the sky at the moment until the club officially announce it, but heres hoping.

thedoyler
19/12/2006, 9:37 PM
Heard rumours around the club that tony grant and glen fitzpatrick are in the advanced stages of negotiations. Talking to Eddie today and he said he was close to signing a quality centre back, he wouldn't mention his name.

They would be great signings if we could get our hands on them.

If we got one of those two we'd be laughing, 2 would be unreal. Those 2 and a quality centre-back as you say and id be hopeful for next year.

BrayUnknowns
21/12/2006, 11:07 AM
I see Eddie mentioned he wa talking to a top notch centre half, wonder is that Clive Delaney who was released by Derry ?

thedoyler
21/12/2006, 11:23 AM
Good thinking but is he really top quality? Then again with the quality (or lack of) of the guv'nor and mick roche last year we could hardly complain if he signed.

superfrank
21/12/2006, 11:38 AM
I know one bray fan who would be upset if we signed Clive Delaney....

BrayUnknowns
21/12/2006, 2:39 PM
If the club managed to sign Clive Delaney it would be a real coup, he is one of the better centre halfs in the league and has preformed for all clubs he has played for. Excellent signing if it happened.

thedoyler
21/12/2006, 3:18 PM
From what ive heard i dont think they are interested in him.

Bray Head
22/12/2006, 9:54 AM
I see Eddie mentioned he wa talking to a top notch centre half, wonder is that Clive Delaney who was released by Derry ?

Delaney has signed for Bohs already so he won't be coming to us.

Seagull
27/12/2006, 12:02 PM

Stephen O'Fynn's gone to Galway...

sligoman
27/12/2006, 3:25 PM
Darren Mansaram?In all fairness, how would Flash be a potential signing for ye? Their is more chance of him re-signing for us than their is signing for ye!

dublinwanderer
28/12/2006, 2:43 PM
In all fairness, how would Flash be a potential signing for ye? Their is more chance of him re-signing for us than their is signing for ye!

their only suggestions. but if he's free ya never know. no-one expected us to sigh delaney and look!!

we need a striker badly!!!!!!!

Grasshopper 99
01/01/2007, 12:44 PM
Should get Dean Delaney to push Skip, also what about Sean Flannery to partner Franco?????

sligoman
01/01/2007, 12:47 PM
what about Sean Flannery to partner Franco?????I dont think Flannery is up to Premier Division standard to be honest. He's also riddled with injury!

BrayUnknowns
02/01/2007, 11:54 AM
If Flannery could have a good run in any team and stay injury free he would be a good player but that aint goning to happen ! so i would say no to signing him. He also has family living in Bray