PDA

View Full Version : Worst Gig

BohsPartisan
13/12/2006, 11:01 PM
My worst gig in musical terms though it was a great day overall was The Verve at Slane in 98. I fell asleep during their act standing up with a freshly spraned ankle. Thats how boring they were.

onenilgameover
13/12/2006, 11:40 PM
Snow patrol in the Olympia last year...fooled into going...never again....awful awful band...

Drumcondra Red
14/12/2006, 9:56 AM
The Verve at Sland were absolute quality!!!

Worst would probably have to be Snow Patrol supporting U2, in fact the sound was so bad in Croke Park that night, U2 too!!!

NeilMcD
14/12/2006, 10:40 AM
Whipping Boy last year. Quality band but terrible gig.

jebus
14/12/2006, 11:42 AM
Nightmares on Wax in Dublin this year. ****e sound and a ****e MC let a really good band down

Lionel Ritchie
14/12/2006, 2:31 PM
Possibly Transvision Vamp at Feile 91.
Awful band anyway so my expectations were low but they were shocking. You could always tell by the way the drumkit was set up in their videos that these people hadn't a clue how to play any instruments...

Actually -same festival -Happy Mondays were cack too. The Farm were better than them! -now that's bad.

A few years back saw Damien Rice and yer wan with him who always sits like she's been speared to a tree and it was like having teeth pulled. It was just before that record came out and lots of his muso buddies were there gaping aghast at these wonderous soul struck ...um ...yokes. If he'd played one more song I'd have begged for death.

the 12 th man
14/12/2006, 3:20 PM
Aerosmith at the Point a few years ago and from yonks ago The Boomtown Rats :eek: at the RDS

jebus
15/12/2006, 6:37 PM
Happy Mondays were cack too. The Farm were better than them! -now that's bad.

Surely you jest Lionel? I mean the Mondays may have been cack, but it's still the Farm at the end of the day! ;)

onenilgameover
15/12/2006, 8:37 PM
Whipping Boy last year. Quality band but terrible gig.

ouch! was meant to go but couldnt get tickets was it that bad?

Paddyfield
15/12/2006, 9:18 PM
I saw the Pretenders once. Ironic that they called themselves that.

Utter $hite

Wolfie
16/12/2006, 12:38 AM
Some of the bands served up at a few of the Feile's were utter scutter.

I remember "M People" doing their damndest to "get down" with the kids in 94 (I think). Tragic.

Lionel Ritchie
16/12/2006, 10:12 AM
Surely you jest Lionel? I mean the Mondays may have been cack, but it's still the Farm at the end of the day! ;)

Serious as a heart attack.

There was a lot of ropey performances that year. Van Morrison, Elvis Costelloe ....it was also The Pogues last gig with Shane McGowan -they fired him after it he was so out of it.

Some excellent performances too -Steve Earle, The Golden Horde, The Wonderstuff and a man of the match winning show from Billy Bragg. Kirsty McColl came on as a guest with the latter two and the pogues of course. Lit the place up as only she could.

Magicme
16/12/2006, 12:12 PM
Busted in the Oddessy....only went to babysit 8 kids ranging from 4 to 16!

Paddyfield
16/12/2006, 5:50 PM
Busted in the Oddessy....only went to babysit 8 kids ranging from 4 to 16!

I babysat my then 15 year old niece and her friend at a KORN concert in the RDS. I wore a pink shirt. Nightmare.

sligoman
16/12/2006, 5:58 PM
I wore a pink shirt. Nightmare.In fairness, wearing a pink shirt anywhere would be a nightmare:D.

LeixlipRed
18/12/2006, 2:05 PM
Radiohead in Marlay Park this year. ****e venue, ****e sound, ****e crowd. Greatest band in the world though. Just a terrible, terrible gig though

Ash
18/12/2006, 2:22 PM
Dont go to many gigs anymore but I remember being really disappointed
with Soundgarden in the RDS Simmonscourt back somewhere around 1995
or so. I think White Zombie and Pennywise supported them.

They were due to play Sunstroke the year before, along with RHCP, Ice Cube,
Terrorvision .... iirc, but pulled out so I was really looking forward to seeing
them. Alas after the gig, I remember wishing I hadnt bothered going.

LeixlipRed
18/12/2006, 2:45 PM
Dont go to many gigs anymore but I remember being really disappointed
with Soundgarden in the RDS Simmonscourt back somewhere around 1995
or so.

They were coming to the end of their existance at that stage. Would have loved to have seen them in their prime. Such a pity to see how far ornell has fallen. that Bond song is beyond an embarassment

Neish
18/12/2006, 9:16 PM
Shaun Ryder in the Nerve centre Derry March 2006.

Decent support band on then a DJ all of a sudden I noticed some fat bloke wondering about the back of the stage, then I realised it was Shaun Ryder absolutely rotten. He stumbled all over the dj's decks and started to get booed then he shouted something like "F*ck of Paddys" and got bottled of the stage.
Aparently he been in Derry the whole week on the p*ss

Partizan
21/12/2006, 9:16 AM
A few years back saw Damien Rice and yer wan with him who always sits like she's been speared to a tree and it was like having teeth pulled. It was just before that record came out and lots of his muso buddies were there gaping aghast at these wonderous soul struck ...um ...yokes. If he'd played one more song I'd have begged for death.

I see what you mean Lionel, Unfortunatley I was myself not spared this spectacle. I have to say, Damien Rice has to be the most overblown, overated and overhyped piece of mind numbing crappola ever. I think myself he should just **** off and die along with the Frames and Bono.

onenilgameover
22/12/2006, 10:31 PM
I see what you mean Lionel, Unfortunatley I was myself not spared this spectacle. I have to say, Damien Rice has to be the most overblown, overated and overhyped piece of mind numbing crappola ever. I think myself he should just **** off and die along with the Frames and Bono.

Yes!!!!!!

Spot bloody on lads!

Rice is a spanner and the frames blow chunks!!! and the fool girl with the silly voice well they all need to hurt....

i do however find bono amusing...

BohsPartisan
22/12/2006, 11:44 PM
i do however find bono amusing...

Amusing as Herpes.

citizenerased
02/01/2007, 3:38 PM
been at a few gigs, worst one this year was the guillemotts in the village. Worst one before that was Robert Plant in the Olympia in Nov 05, horrendus..

CollegeTillIDie
06/01/2007, 9:57 AM
citizenerased... I do not doubt you for one second. But on some websites( not this one) you would be strung up for criticising LeD Zep's ex front man in any way at all. Some bands in some quarters( and their former members) seem to be considered in some way beyond criticism! Statistically though even the very best must have off days.

Dr.Nightdub
10/01/2007, 12:41 AM
My brother ended up with a spare ticket for Iron Maiden at Earls Court just before Xmas and seeing as my sis-in-law point blank refused to go, I was dragged along. Sweet jesus. Awful, awful, awful. When I'm on my death bed, I'll want those two hours of my life back. In fact, I want them back now.

Block G Raptor
10/01/2007, 1:53 AM
Ocean Colour Scene at the olympia last Month. Massive fan and the third olympia gig I've been to in the last 12 months but this time they just didn't perform. say's on their website its the heaviest set they've played in five years I guess i'm just not into their heavy stuff

Lim till i die
10/01/2007, 11:47 AM
Jinx Lennon supporting Whipping Boy in Dolans

A fat Northern bloke screeching about a dog and free state *******s. Once the bottles started to fly he brought a manitee (I was later informed it was a woman though remain unconvinced) out on stage to shout "Youse arrrrrr all a showerrrrr of scumbaaaaags" at us for ten or fifteen minutes.

He and his entourage are yet another reason why Dundalk should be walled in