PDA

View Full Version : Napiers injury proving very costly

pete
11/11/2002, 4:16 PM
Who would have thought the loss of last seasons bench warmer (following on from city player of the season) would see the city defence creaking.

As far as i can see city started the season with Napier, Daly, Andrews, Cronin covering the centre back position which IMO has cost city a position on the heels of Bohs.

Gaz started ok while alongside Napier but really gone off the boil recently & IMO shouldn't have been used at centre back for anything other than the odd game as cover.
Relying on Deccie (37 years old?) as a regular center back is proving a massive mistake. He might be ok for covering for the odd game but clearly he not capable of playing every week.
Andrews has only started 1 game for city at left back & was disasterous - is he really that back or just played badly out of position?

Its the manager who picks the squad & team so no excuses this time.

Ref
11/11/2002, 4:44 PM
Never thought i'd hear myself saying it but Napier is definitely missed. The sooner he gets back the better.

Éanna
11/11/2002, 5:43 PM
Napier is, and always has been, a fantastic centre-back. The only reason he got so much grief is because he was playing at full-back and was very poor there. We need him back something unbelievable! get well soon Naps!

pete
11/11/2002, 6:09 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
The only reason he got so much grief is because he was playing at full-back and was very poor there.

Is that why Andrews looked so dire against Rovers at the cross?

Éanna
11/11/2002, 6:12 PM
Originally posted by pete
Is that why Andrews looked so dire against Rovers at the cross?
may very well be at least some way to explaining it. I don´t like the idea of players playing out of position. If a guy plays in one position, it´s because thats what he´s good at, why fcuk around with that!:confused: