PDA

View Full Version : Eircom League Live on Tv3

pete
11/11/2002, 3:57 PM
Anyone catch the Bohs v $hel$ game on tv last friday?

Thought i'd fecked up the video myself (FYI james) but discovered last night video had actually recorded.

Pity kool opening sequence with big bohs flags on the bendy poles & big flag moved across the crowd at the start (apparently tv3 arranged with bohs fans to do before the game so they could record in advance). I thought studio presentation (Noel King excepted), picture quality & commentary was easily on a par with RTEs previous efforts.

Apparently they also had 6 cameras at the game which did show in the speed of replays for good angles.

Its great to see what enthuasism can do.

Who the f*** are RTE?

Éanna
11/11/2002, 5:24 PM
Originally posted by pete
apparently tv3 arranged with bohs fans to do before the game so they could record in advance
Thats excellent! I remember trying to talk to RTE last year before the Derry game, telling them we were preparing a welcome for the teams when they came out (smoke bombs etc) After about half an hour of being sent from one person to another "Nothin to do with me, talk to so-and-so" one fella finally promised to stick a camera on the Shed when the teams came out. As it happens, smoke bombs didn´t work out as we thought they would but there was no camera on it anyway :rolleyes:

UCD_4_Life
11/11/2002, 7:09 PM
Originally posted by pete

Apparently they also had 6 cameras at the game which did show in the speed of replays for good angles.

I'm almost certain that there was no camera at Belfield on Friday. There were people in the gantry but no camera.

UCD_4_Life
11/11/2002, 11:03 PM
I was right.

They put two Shamrock Rovers *spits* games on and several repeats of Noel Hunt's celebration but they can't show even 10 seconds of footage from the U.C.D. - Drogheda game.

Just the 3 goals, that's all I ask.

fosterdollar
12/11/2002, 12:02 PM
the camera work for the Bohs/$hel$ was even better than RTE's work on eL games IMO

Real ale Madrid
14/11/2002, 8:52 AM
Does anyone know when the next live game is on?

Éanna
14/11/2002, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Magoo
the camera work for the Bohs/$hel$ was even better than RTE's work on eL games IMO
really sounds like TV3 are making an effort and doing a good job of it too. can´t wait to get home and see some of the coverage :)

fosterdollar
14/11/2002, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Real ale Madrid
Does anyone know when the next live game is on?

ditto

UCD_4_Life
14/11/2002, 6:47 PM
I'm not sure. But, apparently they only have to show 5 live games for this season so it'll be a while before the next one and according to the Sky Tv Guide it's not on this week.

Schumi
14/11/2002, 7:14 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I'm not sure. But, apparently they only have to show 5 live games for this season so it'll be a while before the next one and according to the Sky Tv Guide it's not on this week.

There's only 11 rounds of games left so they'll have to hurry if they're going to get 4 more in.

JC_GUFC
15/11/2002, 5:17 PM
Originally posted by UCD_4_Life
I was right.

They put two Shamrock Rovers *spits* games on and several repeats of Noel Hunt's celebration but they can't show even 10 seconds of footage from the U.C.D. - Drogheda game.

Just the 3 goals, that's all I ask.

Well that's got to do with the way Belfield comes out on TV I guess - i.e. like an empty, badly equipped ground.

CU
JC

Éanna
15/11/2002, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by JC_GUFC
Well that's got to do with the way Belfield comes out on TV I guess - i.e. like an empty, badly equipped ground.

*cough* *cough* Thats only on TV of course :eek: :)

Jaime
18/11/2002, 2:20 PM
My video fooked up and never recorded the Shels game, and then of course I had to be in the pub when it was on Monday night. From watching a bit in the bar during the game though, it seemed quite professional, I think its fair to say that they take it more seriously thasn RTE ever did.

And with RTE getting back on the Champions Leage bandwagon next season it might leave TV3 with some extra resources for the crucial run in time.