PDA

View Full Version : Raf's Return?

gustavo
13/12/2006, 1:54 PM
On the Galway forum there is a lot of speculation that Raf has returned. Has anyone heard anything definite about this?

Red&White Rover
13/12/2006, 3:33 PM
well nothing for definite, but i have heard he is coming back.

Paddyfield
13/12/2006, 9:45 PM
I hope he doesn't return to Sligo Rovers. He was brilliant for us this term. I understand he signed a two year contract so.....?

I can't believe ye let McTiernan go!

Dave O'Dowd was released; will he join the Sligo revouloution at Athlone?

SligoBrewer
13/12/2006, 9:56 PM
i'd love 2 see him back but i doubt it.

will he go full time?

Trainee
13/12/2006, 10:15 PM
He was offerd a full time contract at Galway

He is taking the next day or so to decide

I also heard that as both clubs are full time and he is unsure about full time that Athlone and going to make a late bid to sign him

Conor H
13/12/2006, 10:22 PM
He was offerd a full time contract at Galway

He is taking the next day or so to decide

I also heard that as both clubs are full time and he is unsure about full time that Athlone and going to make a late bid to sign him

Raf is a top player and top bloke.

A mickey mouse outfit like Athlone have about as much chance of signing him as you do of been sober at a GUFC match!

Sweet fcuk all!!:p

SligoBrewer
14/12/2006, 8:52 AM
Raf is a top player and top bloke.

A mickey mouse outfit like Athlone have about as much chance of signing him as you do of been sober at a GUFC match!

Sweet fcuk all!!:p

i thought they'd have fcuk all chance of signing mctiernan but here we are!:eek:

Midgit
14/12/2006, 10:05 AM
I really hope he returns,would be a good adition to the squad!!

red bellied
18/12/2006, 7:05 PM
Its official. http://www.rte.ie/aertel/p227.htm

1 9 2 8
18/12/2006, 7:14 PM
Great news:D :D :D

Conor H
18/12/2006, 7:15 PM
He had fully intended on staying one more year but family and personal circumstances prevented it unfortunately.Despite now playing for Sligo i wish him the best of luck.He thouroghly enjoyed playing for UTD and gave 100% every game.A top man to talk too aswell.

One of the few Sligo players who won't be receiving harrowing abuse from the Tribal Army on our return to the Shwogrounds.

Red&White Rover
18/12/2006, 7:29 PM
One of the few Sligo players who won't be receiving harrowing abuse from the Tribal Army on our return to the Shwogrounds.

who else is on your "untouchable" list?
:D

sligoman
18/12/2006, 9:07 PM
****ing delighted he's back. As for some players receiving "harrowing abuse" from the Galway fans. I'm sure they'll be upset:rolleyes:.

Raf has seen some sense and returned to his proper team.

SligoBrewer
18/12/2006, 9:49 PM
100% Commitment every game,
an example to other players of a right game attitude,
f'ing enthralled he's back

Conor H
18/12/2006, 9:58 PM
who else is on your "untouchable" list?
:D
No one.:cool:

****ing delighted he's back. As for some players receiving "harrowing abuse" from the Galway fans. I'm sure they'll be upset

Raf has seen some sense and returned to his proper team.

Sligoman i remember you giving some amount of abuse to Raf on this forum a year back.Must be strange to just like him all of a sudden?:confused:

Sense?I spoke to him not long ago.He didn't want to go back for another year but he felt he just had too for mainly personal reasons.No doubt Sligo Rovers are his mainly beloved club but i can guarantee had he been able to he would still be with GUFC.
Legend......good for yee to have him back.

The Stars
18/12/2006, 10:38 PM
Good Stuff,Always said he is one of the best,if not the best right sided player in the country and i maintain that.
Good to get locals in aswell,bring back a few from Tubber who had boycotted us since he left.

Terry
19/12/2006, 7:42 AM
Sligoman i remember you giving some amount of abuse to Raf on this forum a year back.Must be strange to just like him all of a sudden?:confused:

was just going to type the same !!!!

Best of luck to Raf, except against us of coarse!

SRFCbrothelutd
19/12/2006, 4:51 PM
Raf is a decent player, but we must all remember he is unproven at premier division level. The jury is out in my opinion...

feo123
19/12/2006, 5:26 PM
and how many players were proven premier division last year? not very many!

Rovers1
19/12/2006, 6:28 PM
delighted Raf is back, my favourite Rovers player of the last 5-6 years, now to replace burns, o hara , o grady etc... :)

feo123
19/12/2006, 7:00 PM
still an awful long way to go yet pre season...IMO we need about 8-10 more players to replace some of the players from last year! 2 centre backs, centre midfielder 3 strikers and a keeper, dick brush is good but to be honest i dont reallly ahve full trust in him...dont really know why!?

Da Real Rover
20/12/2006, 4:07 PM
:D :D :D
The tribal headhunters are on the prowl again.

SligoBrewer
20/12/2006, 9:54 PM
still an awful long way to go yet pre season...IMO we need about 8-10 more players to replace some of the players from last year! 2 centre backs, centre midfielder 3 strikers and a keeper, dick brush is good but to be honest i dont reallly ahve full trust in him...dont really know why!?

its the name feo,
how can u rust someone who's name makes immature people (like me) laugh.
otherwise sound keeper

cillit1928
21/12/2006, 4:59 AM
dam right lad. if he returns all the best, local man wit passion is hard bet!!!
good wide man too!! some cover is badly needed though faz ,and raf only two decent deliverers to the box. and at tat not even premium lge quality, need some decent foregin scoutin!!! i think alot to be desired to reach cup semis again!!!! ya nooo???

gustavo
21/12/2006, 8:17 AM
How do you figure that Raf isnt Premier League quality when he hasnt even played there yet ?Also I do think Faz is Premier League quality.

1 9 2 8
21/12/2006, 4:24 PM
4-3-3 will suit Faz better next season

Rovers1
21/12/2006, 8:14 PM
Also I do think Faz is Premier League quality.

agreed, Faz is quality, but hes a total confidence player, hope he gets his touch back this season...dunno if itl happen though! :(