PDA

View Full Version : Stand Up For Irish Football

Irish Fan
13/12/2006, 11:57 AM
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1742084852/m/1752017852?r=3522028282#3522028282

I am appealing to all Irish football fans and Football Manager fans to stand up to SI Games. As usual our league has been underrated and genuine Irish football fans have been ignored when they tried to help SI Games. Please take time to view the link above and add a comment in support of our League. They have also put on the game that Derry City play there games in Londonderry when play they play there games in Derry City. As far as I know the Celtic fans have stood up to the makers of this game to get there team improved as they are largely underrated. I hope we can stand up to them as a group! They have a players on level rating and values of the Conference league!!

Thanks for your support
Irish Fan

el punter
13/12/2006, 12:06 PM
wouldn't it be great if this was Irish football's biggest problem?

dcfcsteve
13/12/2006, 12:10 PM
They have also put on the game that Derry City play there games in Londonderry when play they play there games in Derry City.

They were probably just echoing the sentiments of supporters of certain other clubs in the EL...... :o

gustavo
13/12/2006, 12:18 PM
Could someone with a login say that Sligo Rovers average attendance was 2000 , lower than the average in FM 2007 of about 1000 .

Irish Fan
13/12/2006, 1:39 PM
Gustavo please register yourself and let them know how you feel about this. We need as many people as possible to complain about this. Dont let them underrate us it makes the game so unrealistic.

Irish Fan
13/12/2006, 1:44 PM
As for you el punter you can dismiss it all you like but as far as im concerned its beacause of people like you Si games, Fai, Evening Hearld get away with things like this. We need stand up to them as a group and not slag people off who try bring it up.

Be United as a league. Trust me were going to need to be with the Fai in charge this year!

Terry
13/12/2006, 1:45 PM
it is unrealistic ! its a game !

thedoyler
14/12/2006, 9:59 AM
I completely agree with this point, our players are under-rated and our attendances are significantly lower than in real life. It is possible over time to make things better in the game for instance ive just beaten Liverpool over 2 legs in the champions league round of 16 with bray 3-0 :D in 2014 though, but at the start of the game my first season's average attendance was 705 i think, which is 400 less than bray's average attendance this season, and the players should be better, after kevin doyle they should have learned their lesson.

jebus
14/12/2006, 11:56 AM
Lads considering that the majority of football fans in Ireland consider our league a joke, and fans from other countries have probably never heard of most of us I think FM07 have got it spot on. What standard do you want them to set the Irish Premier at? Championship Level? Serie B Level? I agree they should be ranked higher than Conference, but the most you'll get out of them would be to put Irish players at League Two Level.

Drumcondra Red
14/12/2006, 11:57 AM
Lads, get a grip, as Terry said its a poxy game!!!

Gareth
14/12/2006, 12:00 PM
Cant to edit players stats yourself? Problem solved.

jebus
14/12/2006, 12:01 PM
This discussion reminds me of Didier Drogba coming out in the papers recently, saying that game developers don't give him enough respect, that Thierry Henry is always better than him in football games. That gave me a laugh or two I can tell you!

Anyway shouldn't this thread be in the gaming section?

Sniffer
14/12/2006, 4:34 PM
Think I spotted myself in the crowd; and I look fat and bald; I'm not having it! What's the e mail address?

Sheridan
14/12/2006, 4:40 PM
I agree the standard of LoI players is underestimated in the game, I have some input into the research so I'll see if we can get this rectified.

Have been playing with the editor recently (to keep things up to date should I need to supply data for a patch) and just to illustrate the extent of the disparity between eL clubs and their counterparts elsewhere, the average rating for a Derry City player is circa 70, whereas for a Gretna player it's around 110.

Réiteoir
14/12/2006, 9:54 PM
http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1742084852/m/1752017852?r=3522028282#3522028282

I am appealing to all Irish football fans and Football Manager fans to stand up to SI Games. As usual our league has been underrated and genuine Irish football fans have been ignored when they tried to help SI Games. Please take time to view the link above and add a comment in support of our League. They have also put on the game that Derry City play there games in Londonderry when play they play there games in Derry City. As far as I know the Celtic fans have stood up to the makers of this game to get there team improved as they are largely underrated. I hope we can stand up to them as a group! They have a players on level rating and values of the Conference league!!

Thanks for your support
Irish Fan

Irish Fan - I'm active on those forums (posting as Worcester City Researcher) and used to be involved in the game on the data side of things (English Non-League) - so am in a pretty good position to add input.

The Celtic fans thing: The team wasn't improved at all - in fact hardly anything was done to their data after a few idiots complained about SI being "bigoted" towards their team - some of them saw it as a Rangers Conspiracy to keep their beloved team down in the game :rolleyes:

The subsequent petition one of them started and the various allegations above as to the makers being derogatory/bigoted towards their team were laughed at and ignored for being what they were - idiotic and unfounded.

As for the Londonderry issue - the game is manufactured by a British company from an office in London - so they will take the English/British form of the name of Derry (as it's also used for players in the Northern Irish section of the database) - check the name they use for Munich in-game - it's listed as "Munich" and not "Munchen" (nearest example to this I could find)

They also take the English name for a place in Finland/Sweden which has two names (cannot remember what it is at the moment tbh)

The person you need to speak to with regards to this is the head of Irish Data Research, Darren Matthews - who oversees our league's data in the game - apparently Sheridan on here knows him - so I expect he would be able to pass on any comments - or even better - post in the thread IrishFan posted originally - any issues can be looked at (as we did successfully with the removal of the Cross-Border Game which last took place in 2000 and conflicted with the Champions League)

As a last bit of information - Darren is also the Manchester United Data Researcher - there are issues with his work on that side of things as highlighted by a couple of users in this thread:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1742084852/m/8712067852

Gist of it is - first team is researched to some extent - but the Reserves and Youth don't seem to have been touched despite the assertion that the Researcher has seen them play regularly.

I'm as unhappy as the next man with our information in-game (as we now have Mullingar Town somehow promoted to the League in close season of the first year - despite them not making an application to join the League or a decision being made as to who would come in) as well as several other issues (as the posts I made in here: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1742084852/m/8812015272?r=8812015272, here: http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1742084852/m/6882044272?r=6882044272 and in the first thread IrishFan posted testify to)

Philly
14/12/2006, 10:19 PM
Is the eL in Championship Manager?

Réiteoir
14/12/2006, 10:51 PM
don't know tbh

And guys if you do register and post at the SIGames site (the link in IrishFan's post) - there is a 2007 eircom League thread now in progress here:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8191933985/m/5342002382

Feel free to contribute

Réiteoir
15/12/2006, 7:42 PM
just running a game through on holiday so I can see if some changes I made with a new club coming in do happen

Galway are bottom of the First Division after 20 games :D

LukeO
15/12/2006, 8:44 PM
As for the Londonderry issue - the game is manufactured by a British company from an office in London - so they will take the English/British form of the name of Derry (as it's also used for players in the Northern Irish section of the database) - check the name they use for Munich in-game - it's listed as "Munich" and not "Munchen" (nearest example to this I could find)

Personally I couldn't care less which name they use, but the official name of the city is Derry while the official name of the county is Londonderry so it's Derry that should be used no matter where Football Manager is made.

dundalksarge
17/12/2006, 2:24 AM
I always found editing the players to their full potenial was always better , and i have done this for all most all FM/CM games that i have.

DannyInvincible
17/12/2006, 7:18 PM
Personally I couldn't care less which name they use, but the official name of the city is Derry while the official name of the county is Londonderry so it's Derry that should be used no matter where Football Manager is made.

Although the council has changed its own name to the Derry City Council, according to the city's Royal Charter, the city's official name is still 'Londonderry', .

The issue is currently up for decision in the High Court with the council arguing that the amendment of their name in 1984 automatically changed the official name of the city. I'm not sure why they've waited so long.

Aaron
17/12/2006, 7:38 PM
don't know tbh

And guys if you do register and post at the SIGames site (the link in IrishFan's post) - there is a 2007 eircom League thread now in progress here:

http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...5/m/5342002382

Feel free to contribute

I'm registered on that forum under Aaron. Just posted a few things that needed changing, like all DCFC staff changing, a link to the transfers thread on this forum amongst other things.

Irish Fan
19/12/2006, 11:36 AM
Is there any graphics packs available for the eircom league???

Tazskool
22/12/2006, 2:38 PM
I am an admin for a FM forum and I have been trying to get the Irish league more playable and since there was a huge lack of GFX for FM06 I decided to make my own for FM07..

Now that I am admin for a site I want to make the Irish Leagues as clsoe to 100% as possible to real life...

Transfers in and out... I see a thread for.. and have kindly used
Ground Capacities.. I require..
Future Ground movement and capacities... I require..

Players stats.. always the hardest to judge since one person may see a player as worth a 10 and someone else may see him as only a 7 ... so its a tricky situation... but I hope with PEACEFUL discussion between all of you who wish to help I can get the database we are releasing closer to making you all happy (and me too as I play the league alot!)

GFX we have a full league of logos for.. 1 or 2 may require changes..but we can do this..

Kits I am using someone elses as I cant make kits..

Facepack. I have made facepack for about 50% of the Prem and First Div Teams.. but they do need improving due to it was a "rush job" for someone who requested them (and me cause I wanted them).

I will not advertise the site cause I am not sure the Mods/Admin will like it at all (and I dont blame them) and I am not here to steal members :)

The site I am with is hoping to release several versions of the database through out 2007 with transfers and other such things in it

any takers for help??

Réiteoir
22/12/2006, 3:29 PM
Taz - good to see you here - you following me around or summat?

First FMF, then OTF and now here :D

I'm in the process of polishing off a logos pack for the League and a lot of non-league sides (plus competitions) - and may crack on with face sooner or later

As for the other stuff I may be able to help with at a later date

WCR

Tazskool
22/12/2006, 3:40 PM
yes mate... lol..

I did notice you where here as well whilst my app was in the "processing" queue lol..

Good good... well when ya done with it all I can host it on the FMF download server if you want.. It beats filefont and other horrible ones :)

And you know as well mate where to get me if you want help lol