PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Cocker

First
13/12/2006, 11:02 AM
Anyone hear this new song that Rick somebody has been ranting about on 2FM. I heard it on Monday evening while travelling back from Sligo. Its off his forth coming album which is released in January. Good tune.

Sheridan
13/12/2006, 11:10 AM
I think Jarvis is a fine songwriter, and Pulp's oeuvre bears comparison with that of any British band, but I've heard his new album and there's nothing tremendously exciting or original on there. I Will Kill Again is pretty good, I suppose.

First
13/12/2006, 11:36 AM
Saves me buying the album so , never was a particular fan of the man but in fairness I thought this song , which I can't recall the name, was a decent tune. Then again there is some pile of ****e that has been released this year that highlights the lack of decent songwriters.
Hopefully in 2007 the likes of Razorlight, The Killers and that dreadful bunch the KooKs will disappear.........sadly I feel this will not be the case.

Docboy
13/12/2006, 12:37 PM
Album is out already and is in my opinion one of the better that I have bought in the last while. Well worth a punt. Nice bit of social commentary on it.

jebus
13/12/2006, 7:35 PM
Bought the album last week and like it a lot. Still the same great lyrics you'd expect from Jarvis, one of the better albums of this year

BohsPartisan
13/12/2006, 10:49 PM
Pulp were great in their heyday. His n Hers and Different class are great albums. Saw them live at the SFX in '95. Great gig. Don't know if I'd rush out to buy his solo output though.