PDA

View Full Version : Worst song of 2006

Pages : [1] 2

Pauro 76
12/12/2006, 9:45 PM
I know this has been covered in another thread. but ive just heard the worst of 2006. If not ever.. No competition. El Chombo "Chacaron". aparantly an outsider to be Xmas no. 1. Hideous, awful, terrible. words that dont even begin to describe it. Unfortunately itll be huge.

Second place:
Robbie Williams "Rudebox"
"TK Maxx costs less, yes Jackson looks a mess." Indeed. Hideous, sounds like Roland Rat. two words: Career and Suicide

Third place:
Black Eyed Peas "My Humps"
Urghh. atrocity of a song.

Beat that folks! :eek:

tiktok
13/12/2006, 9:05 AM
Agree almost completely

1. My Humps - BEP (awful load of rubbish)
2. Rudebox - Robbie Williams (a rapper he is not)
Something kind of ooh - Girls aloud (plain stupid effort)
3. Red Dress - Sugababes (world's most boring song)

Lionel Ritchie
13/12/2006, 9:12 AM
America -Razorlight. Dreadful, dreadful song. "tell me how does it fee-uhl" Christ that's never been used before.:rolleyes: Serious kickings needed.

As for Williams, Girls aloud etc... why expect more from pigs than grunts?:confused:

Pauro 76
13/12/2006, 9:40 AM
normally Robbie Willaims songs are middle of the road, pedestrian stuff. all very run of the mill. Rudebox was so bad it deserved (?) a mention....

Neish
13/12/2006, 5:18 PM
Worst song of 2006 has to go to "Hips don't lie-Shakira " that tune just wrecks my head

stann
13/12/2006, 5:36 PM
These are all truly horrible tunes, but I hope this ain't like the World Footballer of the Year, where the supposed best player in the world is often not even the best player at his club, never mind country / continent etc...
I presume that fair play will win out and the Worst Song Ever Recorded, as it's from this year, will also be voted Worst Song of 2006, and that's that execrable punk rocker dirge from that Thom woman. This is quite simply an atrocity, and something her great-grandchildren should be ashamed of for their entire lives.

jebus
13/12/2006, 7:38 PM
Have Westlife released a song this year? If so than that is inevitable your man. other contenders have to include

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars (as bland and devoid of sentiment as Westlife)

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps was bad but that one that mixes in that song from Pulp Fiction is worse (jesus I have a way with words don't I?!)

superfrank
13/12/2006, 8:03 PM
Has to be anything by the Kooks. That guy's voice makes me want to strangle him til it goes normal!!

LeixlipRed
13/12/2006, 10:24 PM
Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol. So middle of the road (pardoning my pun). Seems to be an epedemic of bands who have little to say and say it in such a boring way (Razorlight, Kooks, Snow Patrol, Kasabian, etc,etc). Such rubbish

BohsPartisan
13/12/2006, 10:44 PM
Worst song of 2006 has to go to "Hips don't lie-Shakira " that tune just wrecks my head

Yes. Agree 100% The type of song that makes you wish somone would steal your car radio.

onenilgameover
13/12/2006, 11:41 PM
Cars- Snow Patrol----someone please make it die..

Lionel Ritchie
14/12/2006, 9:38 AM
... that execrable punk rocker dirge from that Thom woman. This is quite simply an atrocity....

I find it ironic that she plays on the notion of 'confusion' in her album title because she's as confused as a Jazi herself.

Also (and I have to whisper this bit...) she's plagued with freckles :eek: ssssshhhhh!

SligoBrewer
17/12/2006, 7:09 PM
any of that rap ****e for me...(xcept kanye west)
erm...
america is the worst song on the new razorlight album,
and one of the worst of 2006

DmanDmythDledge
17/12/2006, 10:43 PM
You people just can't appreciate good music! (Although I'll give you Robbie Williams.)

the 12 th man
18/12/2006, 7:27 AM
Agree with all so far except Snow Patrol and the Kooks.

SligoBrewer
18/12/2006, 9:04 AM
You people just can't appreciate good music! (Although I'll give you Robbie Williams.)

i like all the razorlight album but america is overplayed

BohsPartisan
18/12/2006, 10:36 AM
(Although I'll give you Robbie Williams.)

You can keep him.

Neish
18/12/2006, 11:49 AM
Yes. Agree 100% The type of song that makes you wish somone would steal your car radio.

Or you could just change the station ;)

BohsPartisan
18/12/2006, 1:42 PM
I tried that but it was on every station!
Thankfully then Phantom came back!

jorge
20/12/2006, 8:41 PM
u2 and greendays new song,utter rubbish.

Neish
20/12/2006, 9:40 PM
Yeah that would be up there too.

Has anyone mentioned that Sandi Thom-I wish I was a punk rocker? Another awful awful song

gustavo
21/12/2006, 8:49 AM

I gotta say i like it.

Partizan
21/12/2006, 9:04 AM
2006 has been one of the worst years for music that I can remember. Killers, The Frames, Damien Rice(most overrated tosh), U2 (should have broken up years ago to save us from all the righteous save the dolphins tad), Westlife, anything by Snow Patrol, Take That, Girls Aloud, Shakira and all that crap hip-hop gansta rap bad niggah rubbish and of course my ultimate favourite, the most cringe worthy, tear you hair out, depression inducing nonsense, that is The Scissors Sisters. Makes me want to get into my neighbour's car and drive naked to work listening to Today FM.

SligoBrewer
21/12/2006, 7:04 PM
2006 has been one of the worst years for music that I can remember. Killers, The Frames, Damien Rice(most overrated tosh), U2 (should have broken up years ago to save us from all the righteous save the dolphins tad), Westlife, anything by Snow Patrol, Take That, Girls Aloud, Shakira and all that crap hip-hop gansta rap bad niggah rubbish and of course my ultimate favourite, the most cringe worthy, tear you hair out, depression inducing nonsense, that is The Scissors Sisters. Makes me want to get into my neighbour's car and drive naked to work listening to Today FM.

hav 2 say that i like the scissor sisters, damien rice, the frames, the killers and snow patrol...

u2 are the most over-rated tosh in the history of the universe.. ****ing hate dave fanning!:mad:

Wolfie
28/12/2006, 8:02 PM
These are all truly horrible tunes, but I hope this ain't like the World Footballer of the Year, where the supposed best player in the world is often not even the best player at his club, never mind country / continent etc...
I presume that fair play will win out and the Worst Song Ever Recorded, as it's from this year, will also be voted Worst Song of 2006, and that's that execrable punk rocker dirge from that Thom woman. This is quite simply an atrocity, and something her great-grandchildren should be ashamed of for their entire lives.

Spot on there, Stann. That abomination is truly appalling and one of those efforts that really grates on the nerves.

Conor H
28/12/2006, 11:12 PM
Wow!:eek:

A serious bashing of some good songs in this thread!

Worst Song of 2006-?
Most Over-Rated Song-Crazy,Gnarls Barkley.

Neish
29/12/2006, 7:39 PM
Most Over-Rated Song-Crazy,Gnarls Barkley.

Agree 100%

Kildare Lad
29/12/2006, 10:12 PM
I think alot of songs are getting criticised in here because of how often they are played, and not really because people hate them so much, they are just sick of listening to songs they domt like that much.

Like look at some of the dance music that is out? Utter Rubbish.

Red&White Rover
29/12/2006, 11:43 PM
Scissors Sisters, win hands down with I Don't Feel Like Dancing...they are just awful...i mean What are they?

Neish
30/12/2006, 4:37 PM
Has anyone mentioned that David Hasselhoff song " Jump in my car". Almost forgot about it(tbh I think I blocked it out) untill I saw a review of the year last night. Has to be the worst son of the year.

Red&White Rover
30/12/2006, 7:30 PM
Has to be the worst son of the year.

he mightn't be a great singer but that's going too far...:D

citizenerased
02/01/2007, 3:25 PM
Right here the rant begins...too much ****e to pack in

Razorlight - America( Digusting vile song that makes me want to throw up, 100% cheese)

Snow Patrol - Chasing cars ( i couldnt have put it mre eloquently than blandness ina nutshell, if one was to look up bland ina musical dictionary, this song would play in the background)

U2 FT Greenday - (The Saints r coming, lucky for us that this self proclaimed saint is to become now become a Knight of the British empire, drivel)

Neish
02/01/2007, 3:34 PM
he mightn't be a great singer but that's going too far...:D

No its not, if anything I'm letting him off lightly

finlma
03/01/2007, 6:42 PM
What about 'Wind it up' by Gwen Stefani - the strangest and most vile sounding song of all time. Definitely worst song of the year for me.
Notable mentions to Robbie Williams, Shakira, Westlife, Lilly Allen and Sandi Thom

Some people are just mentioning popular, over played songs to try and be controversial. Fair enough Chasing Cars and America aren't great and are a bit annoying but they're far from the worst song.

Wolfie
03/01/2007, 7:35 PM
I know I'm repeating myself but has to be that Sandi Thom atrocity.

Worst Song Ever.

stann
04/01/2007, 1:35 AM
Yep, goes for me too.
How many do we need to win? :D

gustavo
04/01/2007, 8:40 AM
What about 'Wind it up' by Gwen Stefani - the strangest and most vile sounding song of all time. Definitely worst song of the year for me.
Notable mentions to Robbie Williams, Shakira, Westlife, Lilly Allen and Sandi Thom

Some people are just mentioning popular, over played songs to try and be controversial. Fair enough Chasing Cars and America aren't great and are a bit annoying but they're far from the worst song.

I find it oddly compelling!

CollegeTillIDie
06/01/2007, 9:46 AM
The worst thing about 2006 music wise is that a lot of the so called new songs released this year either sample older songs or are straight forward cover versions. Everything on the Westlife album is a re-tread of some other old song. The art of song writing is being lost not to mention the art of rapping.

Sandi Thoms excorable " I Wish I was A Punk Rocker" was not just bad it was historically inaccurate. " I wish I was a Punk Rocker/ With flowers in my hair"......utter inaccurate tosh! The mantra of punk rock was " Never trust a hippy"... further removed from flower power you couldn't be. Plus in 1969, the world was more interested in space travel, there was no revolution in the air, it was the year before...

1968 was the year of the Paris Riots and the Student unrest that I assume she was trying to refer to. But then being crap at history seems to be ok in the present generation!

CollegeTillIDie
06/01/2007, 9:48 AM
I find it oddly compelling!

Admit it gustavo... you fancy Gwen Stefani... go on admit it ....:D

Lionel Ritchie
07/01/2007, 10:12 AM
The worst thing about 2006 music wise is that a lot of the so called new songs released this year either sample older songs or are straight forward cover versions. Everything on the Westlife album is a re-tread of some other old song. The art of song writing is being lost not to mention the art of rapping.

Sandi Thoms excorable " I Wish I was A Punk Rocker" was not just bad it was historically inaccurate. " I wish I was a Punk Rocker/ With flowers in my hair"......utter inaccurate tosh! The mantra of punk rock was " Never trust a hippy"... further removed from flower power you couldn't be. Plus in 1969, the world was more interested in space travel, there was no revolution in the air, it was the year before...

1968 was the year of the Paris Riots and the Student unrest that I assume she was trying to refer to. But then being crap at history seems to be ok in the present generation!

I dunno about any art of songwriting being lost but i think across most genres the middle ground is narrowing frightfully so that even the slightest deviation renders you "lunatic fringe". This has grave reprecussions when it comes to many aspects of trying to promote music ...airplay for example.

As for the Thom woman ...while I think she's considerably older than she lets on (her site claims she's 24!! Yeah ...and the rest.) -her profoundly confused lyrics are, I suspect, a direct manifestation of the damage caused by obtaining her rock'n'roll archaeology from VH-1s fawning, soundbite laden muck and Sky1s Pop Years.

Just that line with the years alone betrays that she hasn't the foggiest. If she'd even gone for "in 67 and 75" she'd have been on firmer ground -but the whole premise is still as confused as an asian skinhead.

I think Danny in Withnail and I summed up 1969 best "They're sellin' hippy wigs in Woolworths man":cool:

Anto McC
07/01/2007, 10:29 AM
Sandi Thom - Worst song,worst album,worst name,worst everything

GuisaSaigon
10/01/2007, 1:00 PM
Sandi thom's punk rocker thing is number 1 for me too , its the most annoying drivel ive heard in years.
Both of Lilly Allen's aural insults have done my head in so much that i only listen to newstalk to avoid them.
Have to disagree with previous views expressed about The Hoff's jump in my car, record of the year for me. :)

NeilMcD
10/01/2007, 1:11 PM
The U2 Greenday is a cover of a Skids song. Member of the Skids went on to form Big Country. From Scotland.

Lim till i die
10/01/2007, 1:17 PM
The U2 Greenday is a cover of a Skids song. Member of the Skids went on to form Big Country. From Scotland.

They murdered it :eek:

As for that Thom woman :mad:

Lim till i die
10/01/2007, 1:21 PM

Perhaps she was referring to the Green Revolution which brought Col. Gadaffi to power in 1969

BohsPartisan
10/01/2007, 2:15 PM
Or the Czech Revolution in January, Or the student revolt against Franco in Madrid, the stonewall riots in NY, the Days of Rage in Chicago, Massive demonstrations against the Vietnam war, High watermark of the Black Panthers etc. etc.

jebus
10/01/2007, 2:19 PM
Worst Song? One of Chasing Cars, America, Punk Rocker thing and that U2/Green Day cluster ****

CollegeTillIDie
28/01/2007, 9:56 AM
Oh in 2006 we were so spoiled for choice with this list... WORST SONG? too many to mention :D

GavinZac
28/01/2007, 10:20 AM
all of the dance rehashes of 80's hits.

Aldini98
31/01/2007, 1:10 PM
I'd have to go with the Sandi Thom atrocity, I'd rather be kicked in the balls than listen to it.