PDA

View Full Version : Appointments to new FAI league positions made

JW.
12/12/2006, 3:39 PM
To all Sports Editors, Soccer Correspondents & Picture Editors

Dublin, December 12th

A media briefing will be held at FAI Headquarters, 80 Merrion Square, Dublin 2 tomorrow, Wednesday December 13th at 11.30am, to announce two new appointments in the Association, the Director of the eircom League and the National Club Promotions Co-ordinator.

ENDS

OneRedArmy
12/12/2006, 3:49 PM
Which one do people think Tom the Gom has got?

gufct
12/12/2006, 4:01 PM
John Gill is definitely up for the second one and watch him leave Oriel like a hot snot to Tolka!!!!!!!!

pete
12/12/2006, 9:00 PM
The Director of the League is an important position. I am surprised will be announced so soon as i think closing date for applications was only last week,

Either only one peson applied or they had appointment lined up in advance. I suspect the later so expecting a football appointee.

Longfordian
12/12/2006, 9:06 PM
I think a certain (formerly) follically challenged Cork/Rovers keeper has a role in the new FAI Promotions set up, not sure if he's the National Co-ordinator but I think he is

gael353
12/12/2006, 9:11 PM
I think a certain (formerly) follically challenged Cork/Rovers keeper has a role in the new FAI Promotions set up, not sure if he's the National Co-ordinator but I think he is

Limerick also, and i think he was appointed two weeks ago.

Longfordian
12/12/2006, 9:17 PM
Yes Limerick also now that I think of it. That would make sense alright, he's apparently been in contact with LTFC recently anyhoo..

Dr.Nightdub
13/12/2006, 12:21 AM
That's just great. A bald guy trying to convince the Irish football public that doing his job doesn't make him want to pull his hair out.

gufct
13/12/2006, 8:31 AM
Fran Gavin is the new Director of the league a great appointment.

Gareth
13/12/2006, 8:35 AM
I did think these positions were filled and known previously...

Dodge
13/12/2006, 8:37 AM

He covered himself in Glory in the Shels players wage dispute alright.:rolleyes:

Good luck to him, he needs it

harpskid
13/12/2006, 9:33 AM

:eek:

pete
13/12/2006, 10:32 AM

I knew would be an internal appointment. Looks like job advert window dressing...

Has Fran Gavin been visiting Merrion Square so much hes sold his soul to the FAI...?

Mr_T
13/12/2006, 10:44 AM

Is this true? Source?

harpskid
13/12/2006, 10:47 AM
Is this true? Source?

Press Conference in Merrion Square as we type...

pete
13/12/2006, 10:51 AM
Is this true? Source?

In the Irish Times today.

Mr_T
13/12/2006, 11:15 AM
In the Irish Times today.

:eek:

Macy
13/12/2006, 11:42 AM
Fran Gavin is the new Director of the league
Explains a lot about how the wage disputes were handled this season compared to others.

WeAreRovers
13/12/2006, 12:17 PM
Explains a lot about how the wage disputes were handled this season compared to others.

Bang on. Gavin was conspicuous by his silence when Shels players and management weren't getting paid. The dogs on the street - but seemingly not Shels fans - knew that some players had been evicted from their house but Gavin said nothing. Contrast that to last year when Rovers were in difficulty. :rolleyes:

KOH

green-blood
13/12/2006, 12:42 PM
wait till you here the snippets from the press confernce - he's an FAI man now

SeanDrog
13/12/2006, 6:10 PM
are the new el director and league officer (thingy) respectively - what do people think?

Good , bad, indifferent appointments?

Mr A
13/12/2006, 7:52 PM
Fran Gavin? No thanks.

A face
13/12/2006, 11:36 PM
This is what John Delaney has to say about it all. (http://www.fai.ie/audio/fai_december_2006_1.mp3)

Student Mullet
13/12/2006, 11:43 PM
I don't know much about Fran Gavin so I'm not having a go at him but is this not a huge conflict of interests? In the last month or two he agreed some pretty big deals between the PFAI and the FAI. There was moving the offices into the new FAI HQ in Abbottstown and the standardised contract.

Has he effectivly made those deals with himself? At the very least there is the potential that his decision making was interfered with by the prospect of a big job being offered.

Macy
14/12/2006, 7:39 AM
The worst kind of scab are those that sit on both sides of the table at the same time.

Dodge
14/12/2006, 8:07 AM
Has he effectivly made those deals with himself? At the very least there is the potential that his decision making was interfered with by the prospect of a big job being offered.
Didn't the PFAi come out very strongly in favour of the FAI/el merger too? So Delaney's way of bringing a brand new league, is to promote people involved in the failings of the last league...

Has Mooney any experience of this type of thing?

bluemovie
14/12/2006, 12:23 PM
Noel Mooney as Promotions Co-ordinator?!! That fella couldn't promote Regaine!:eek:

(it had to be said:o )

Poor Student
14/12/2006, 7:30 PM
Hair advertisement jokes aside, what did/does Noel Mooney do outside of football that gives him the necessary experience and qualifications to perform this role?

Philly
14/12/2006, 9:07 PM
Has Mooney got any qualifications at all? Any experience in this field?

What a joke. I should have applied.

tiktok
15/12/2006, 9:09 AM
Hair advertisement jokes aside, what did/does Noel Mooney do outside of football that gives him the necessary experience and qualifications to perform this role?

Noel Mooney runs his own business in the health and safety area, outside of that I don't know what qualifications he has. He's a very popular figure within the league, though I don['t know if that's a help or a hindrance. Overall, I think he's a good choice, he's a very enthusiastic person and he won't be afraid to rattle a few cages as well.

Fran Gavin's appointment on the other hand stinks to high heaven of a kickback for favours done.