PDA

View Full Version : time to drop o'callaghan and woods

dalo
11/11/2002, 8:27 AM
sorry guys but they are gutless. murphy should drop them now. i did feel sorry for deccie - that display on friday was a pretty sad indictment of a player well past his best. it is pretty hard to see us finishing higher than 3rd at this rate.

however the group of city fans sitting near me were not exactly encouraging either. i know ye were upset (as was I) but slagging off your team and manager is a depressing sight and sound

btw did anyone seethe the two city fans getting ejected at half time. they were lucky some of the rovers fans who came into the stand didn't give them a kicking.

Ref
11/11/2002, 8:48 AM
btw did anyone seethe the two city fans getting ejected at half time. they were lucky some of the rovers fans who came into the stand didn't give them a kicking.

yeah saw that. think they'd have more sense. :rolleyes:

pete
11/11/2002, 11:36 AM
Given the amount of rovers fans ovber on the city side of the stand i thought the atmosphere was fine but then again we'd gift wrapped 3 points for them early in the game.

People complain about intimadation from rovers/dublin in the pale but when you sitting close to the home fans & continue to call their team & players scum i'd be amazed if a few clatters weren't handed out. Everyone calls Molloy scum but what has noel Hunt done to deserve it?

:rolleyes:

Éanna
11/11/2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by pete
People complain about intimadation from rovers/dublin in the pale but when you sitting close to the home fans & continue to call their team & players scum i'd be amazed if a few clatters weren't handed out. Everyone calls Molloy scum but what has noel Hunt done to deserve it?
Hence the need for proper stewarding and fans to be segregated properly. Dunno what Noel Hunt did wrong, but Molloy, well.........:)

patsh
11/11/2002, 12:49 PM
A lot of abuse forthcoming from the 2 drunk boyos, and I threw a few insults the way of Maggot Molloy, but I didn't hear anyone abusing Hunt :confused:

Neil
11/11/2002, 12:56 PM
Hunt was called a 'scumbag' or something but what's wrong with that! It's a bloody football game... if Pope John Paul trotted out for Rovers he'd become a 'scumbag' too! That's the name of the game!

patsh
11/11/2002, 1:06 PM
Originally posted by Neil
Hunt was called a 'scumbag' or something but what's wrong with that! It's a bloody football game... if Pope John Paul trotted out for Rovers he'd become a 'scumbag' too! That's the name of the game!
I'd agree with you Neil.
This IS football, not f*cking Lacrosse, hockey or netball.
It was rather funny to see all those gentle Scum fans being so offended by being called "homeless bar stewards" that they had to call the Gardai and stewards, the poor dears....
Guess the truth hurts...?:D

pete
11/11/2002, 2:40 PM
What i was trying to say was does anyone think rovers fans would get stick in the cross if they sitting next to city fans calling John O'Flynn a scumbag?

patsh
11/11/2002, 3:57 PM
What i was trying to say was does anyone think rovers fans would get stick in the cross if they sitting next to city fans calling John O'Flynn a scumbag?
I guess they would, but would that stop them hurling insults at City, or any opponents, players ?
Once you do not use racist or really nasty abuse (.ie. the Tony O'Dowd incident), slinging abuse at the opposition is as much a part of football matches as bad refereeing....

Ref
11/11/2002, 4:41 PM
slinging abuse at the opposition is as much a part of football matches as bad refereeing....

:o

Éanna
11/11/2002, 5:41 PM
Obviously. But thats the reason that rovers fans are put in their own section at the cross. Segregation is the only thing to do.

Peadar
11/11/2002, 6:10 PM
Originally posted by Neil
if Pope John Paul trotted out for Rovers he'd become a 'scumbag' too!

God damn you Neil!

Since reading this post I keep having visions of the Pope shouting abuse at John McDermott in Latin and Polish.
Greg taking him out of the game with a two-footed challenge and Jesus running on in physio gear with a magic sponge.

Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh

Éanna
11/11/2002, 6:25 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Since reading this post I keep having visions of the Pope shouting abuse at John McDermott in Latin and Polish.
Greg taking him out of the game with a two-footed challenge and Jesus running on in physio gear with a magic sponge.

Arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhh
have you been chewing THAT (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&postid=26719#post26719) coffee again peadar :)