PDA

View Full Version : FAI National (Premiership) League Results

pete
11/12/2006, 4:37 PM
Shamrock Rovers & Galway United invited to new League.
Waterford United & Dundalk get no invite.

Vote Yes or No, No discussion, Debate in this thread... (http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=48603)

dcfcsteve
11/12/2006, 10:50 PM
Define "fair" ??

Fair in footballing terms ?

Fair in administrative terms ?

Fair in terms of reaching the stated aims of the whole process ?

Fair in terms of potential ?

I really don't think a decision like the IAG's can be lauded or cast aside as either "fair" or "unfair" without defining on what basis those words are being applied.

Also - there's no 'undecided' option.

pete
11/12/2006, 10:58 PM
Steve,

Fair Result in terms of the IAG doing their job in professional manner. I am not questioning the process as that is separate issue. Fair given criteria that the process involved given we only privy to some information.

dcfcsteve
11/12/2006, 11:20 PM
Steve,

Fair Result in terms of the IAG doing their job in professional manner. I am not questioning the process as that is separate issue. Fair given criteria that the process involved given we only privy to some information.

Well - if we're not privvy to all the information, how can we ajudge whether they've been fair or not......?

:)

Snoop Drog
11/12/2006, 11:24 PM
The only fair outcome, imo, is to let the league be decided on the pitch. Admittedly, I don't know all the ins and outs of GUFC (but I know they have made huge progress there...)but I reckon Craptown, as play off winners, deserve to be in the top flight, purely because they "won" this honour on the pitch.

pete
11/12/2006, 11:31 PM
Well - if we're not privvy to all the information, how can we ajudge whether they've been fair or not......?

:)

I am wary of your tricks dragging me into a debate... :o

sligoman
11/12/2006, 11:35 PM
This poll is pointless cos people are just gonna vote yes/no if their club got in, ie. Galway fans voting yes and Dundalk fans voting no

dfx-
11/12/2006, 11:39 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes.

sligoman
11/12/2006, 11:40 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

Yes.Is it cos shams got in?:p

dfx-
11/12/2006, 11:51 PM
No. No. No.

No.:p

Gerardinho
12/12/2006, 1:35 PM
if the only thing the IAG would do was confirm the results of the 2006 season, then its existence would have been redundant.

so if your only gripe is that dundalk weren't promoted even though the league said they were... then you have little to complain about.

on whether the play-off was redundant.. perhaps a Waterford win could have saved them thus legitamising the games.

Macy
13/12/2006, 11:15 AM
Should be a "don't know" option, as until they publish the full results and criteria we'll never know whether it was fair.

pete
13/12/2006, 12:20 PM
Should be a "don't know" option, as until they publish the full results and criteria we'll never know whether it was fair.

I never add don't know options in my polls. If you don't know then don't vote. Its like opinion polls that include people without opinions. :eek:

derrymac
15/12/2006, 7:05 PM
Would that be 'Fair' in the same sense that the Shels Bohs game was to be replayed in the interests of 'Fair play'?