PDA

View Full Version : Our Manager has given up

patsh
09/11/2002, 2:17 PM
We came back down from the scum game on the train this morning.
I get off the train and buy the echo.
On the back page, I read that the manager of the club I spend so much money, time and energy on has decided after the game that
"it was not good enough for a club of this stature. It was a bitterly disappointing night for us and any remaining hopes we had of winning the title have evaporated now."

Now correct me if I'm wrong:
We are 6 points behind.
We have 33 points to play for.
We are joint second in the league.

This was the team prepared and sent out by the manager of the club I spend so much money, time and energy on.
Now he tells us that our season is over, only thing left is to try to hang on for a place in Europe.

Well F*CK YOU, Mr. Manager.
F*CK YOU A THOUSAND TIMES OVER.
The only thing that is over is you.

GET OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU F*CKING PR*CK, WE HAVE A LEAGUE TO WIN.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Colm
09/11/2002, 3:20 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
[b]Now correct me if I'm wrong:
We are 6 points behind.
We have 33 points to play for.
We are joint second in the league.

You're correct, it's far too soon to throw in the towel. There are still at least 4 teams that have a realistic chance of winning this league. We are throwing away a lot of oppurtunities but we still have as good a chance as any of the chasing pack.
The only reason Gunther is giving up is because he thinks that if he says the league is out of reach all the fans will be delighted with a place in Europe. Well im sorry Liam but that just isnt good enough.

OUT

Hecko
10/11/2002, 1:49 PM
We mightn't be too many points behind, but judging by Friday we are light years behind being serious contenders. I hate to say it but we are no where near good enough to win teh league when we an put in performances like that. Over the season ther have been nearly as many pathetic gutless performances as there have been the brilliant home games back in the summer. No team capable of playing that badky will win the league - Bohs haven't played like that all year, and they'll walk away with it now.

patsh
10/11/2002, 6:58 PM
It's not the point whether you think the team is good enough or not, my point is that with over a third of the season to go, the manager thinks we have no chance.

So what are we supposed to do?
Just fulfill our fixtures for the rest of the season?
Give our points to the other teams?
Players show up when they feel like it, as there really is not too much to aim for?
For f*cks sake, you DON'T give up with 33 points to play for, and anyone that does should be booted out of any club..:mad:

joe
10/11/2002, 8:03 PM
is there any point in us showing up if the season is over?

considering the fact that bohs lost on friday as well, the only change to circumstances is we have one less match to catch them - we're still 6 points behind them, so was the season over before the shams game too?

TommyT
11/11/2002, 12:19 AM
I assume your manager meant the league was over 'cos your away form was so poor. I've thought for a while now that Cork can only win the league with a full-time team and flights to Dublin. With the other teams having such a small amount of travelling to do it's a huge disadvantage.

thecorner
11/11/2002, 12:34 AM
does gunther realise there is stilla couple of dublin derbys left which could go anyway. if hes guving in the towel now y doesnt he **** off now and give somebody a chance of catching the dubs

razor
11/11/2002, 8:44 AM
I read that the team did actually fly to Dublin for last Fridays game.
The excuse then was that they had all Friday afternoon hanging around some hotel waiting for the game.

Beats sitting in a bus for the afternoon.

It all boils down to Liam Murphy, "tactical genius"
:rolleyes:

Éanna
11/11/2002, 9:48 AM
just when you think he couldn´t get any worse........ :rolleyes:

OUT NOW

pete
11/11/2002, 11:32 AM
Yeah obviously Murphy is giving up cos he has given up on away games.

Whats the point in flying up to dublin if you just hanging around all afternoon anyway? I would have thought the advantage of flying was the part-timers wouldn't have to take a halfday?

cityblade
11/11/2002, 7:44 PM
I think our manager is covering his arse after his coments friday nite. Good way of giving your players confidence that! No chance of title. Fool the fans with settle for europe crap. Saving his own neck more like! By the way Deccie didnt pick himself so less of the abuse.

patsh
11/11/2002, 8:51 PM
Originally posted by cityblade
I think our manager is covering his arse after his coments friday nite. Good way of giving your players confidence that! No chance of title. Fool the fans with settle for europe crap. Saving his own neck more like! By the way Deccie didnt pick himself so less of the abuse.
Sorry Deccie....:D

niamh
12/11/2002, 9:42 AM
Is more than a little strange. Our away form is killing us and that needs to improve if we have a chance.
It's unreal that City have played so much crap recently and they are still joint second. Had we any bit of consistancy it would be a different story. We have the players.

Gary
12/11/2002, 11:42 AM
Ya, we are second, but for how long? Pats are winning again, Shams are on a run and have a game in hand, and Shels are in a bit of form themselves. If we can keep within 6 for the game against Bohs in December we will be doing very well.

Éanna
12/11/2002, 1:43 PM
Originally posted by cityblade
By the way Deccie didnt pick himself so less of the abuse.
I feel very sorry for Deccie cos he's been a great for the club, but he should retired. It's only going to make things worse if he keeps dragging it out.
And as for Murphy :rolleyes:

niamh
12/11/2002, 2:51 PM
Dead right. Is like Pat Morley situation last season. Decy has been great for the club in the past. He will always be one of me favourites, but he should retire and not be remembered as the wally that should have retired and who the fans hated at the end.
It is not nice when you see a player like him not playing well and the fans turning on him, but he ain't good enough anymore. Liam should see that.