PDA

View Full Version : Draw fiasco

The Rebel Ram
11/12/2006, 11:39 AM
Yet again Ramblers have made a mess of a draw. The Monster Draw was due to take place last night but 20 books of tickets had not been handed in so it was cancelled! What kind of crap organisation is it? Barry Walsh claimed that there could be €20,000 worth of tickets still to be brought in. I recon if they weren't handed in then only about 25% of them are sold, €5,000. Trixie went to the mike after him and said that he sold €10,000 worth of tickets and would be returning the money by post to all that he sold! I don't blame him for the effort he put in but I don't think it is the right thing to do. The monthly draw for November was postponed until December 18th and the last big draw Ramblers had for the house wsa postponed for 6months because there weren't enough tickets sold!
By postponing the draw last night the amount of money that will be reclaimed and returned far outweighs what has to be brought in!
I won't be selling anymore tickets for the club as I cannot leave people down again, it happens too often!
Very bad control and management! Greed seems to have taken over.:mad:

Dj Duffer
11/12/2006, 12:17 PM
They had to sell 970 tickets 2 break even as the prize money is 97,000.. Doesnt seem like an impossible task if trixie alone was able to sell 20,000 worth of tickets!

The Rebel Ram
11/12/2006, 12:22 PM
They sold plenty tickets, it was that some books had not been returned in time!

don ramo
11/12/2006, 12:45 PM
OOh my god some of the people with books didnt return the tickets in time, so to let the people who bought the tickets have a chance of winning what they paid for ,they postponed the draw a week our two to wait for the tickets, i really dont think the club will keep the money that is kind of illegal, so stop whinging, as barry said your more than welcome to take your money back but its only fair for those people whos tickets arent in cause the sellers never returned the books, so take your money back and ill be more than happy to go up there in two our three weeks and collect my 50,000 euro stop acting like kids please in my opinion its the farest way to do it a lot of other orginisations woulnt help out fans like that,

its not the end of the world

Dj Duffer
11/12/2006, 3:24 PM
Alrite don ramo relax dare bud!

don ramo
11/12/2006, 4:04 PM
ya duffer what are ya tellin me to relax for, im only pointing out the obvious, everyone seems to be havin a go at the club recently, im only tellin them to grow up

Dj Duffer
11/12/2006, 5:32 PM
And there only giving their opinions no need ta get all excited...

nismo
11/12/2006, 5:40 PM
don ramo whats the story with your signature? whats the point of it being there like?

Rambler1
11/12/2006, 6:32 PM
Don't think the problem was waiting a week or two for the remaining tickets. Problem was not cancelling grand draw night in time to save people the expense of babysitters, taxis etc to see something that was known in advance that was not going to happen.

don ramo
11/12/2006, 7:06 PM
actually a lot of the books were to be handed in on the night for last minute sales i saw a few people buying tickets at nine o clock, so there was no way to know tickets were gonna be missing they were trusting everyone to have there books in on time, they done the fair thing and postponed it now there is aload of people refuseing to support the club in future because they done what was fair, thats not an opininon saying im never gonna buy a ticket again:mad:

don ramo
11/12/2006, 7:08 PM
don ramo whats the story with your signature? whats the point of it being there like?

dunno really what the point of any signature :D

Rambler1
11/12/2006, 7:21 PM
actually a lot of the books were to be handed in on the night for last minute sales i saw a few people buying tickets at nine o clock, so there was no way to know tickets were gonna be missing they were trusting everyone to have there books in on time, they done the fair thing and postponed it now there is aload of people refuseing to support the club in future because they done what was fair, thats not an opininon saying im never gonna buy a ticket again:mad:

The difference there is anyone living in Cobh/Cork can sell one or two last minute tickets and still have tickets in but 20 books located in Dublin? Would want to be a fast train to get them in before start of Draw. In reality, someone knew that these would not be there on the night unless the person bringing them said they would show and failed to do so which is doubtfull.
Right call to delay draw.... Wrong call to still hold Draw Night with no draw.

don ramo
11/12/2006, 7:26 PM
that is fair to say, if its the case it was wrong, sure theyll have to have them next time, i know its **** but what can you do when you trust someone to do what they said they'd do

Comic Book Guy
11/12/2006, 8:20 PM
It probably was fair enough to postpone the draw but it should have been done a lot sooner.

nismo
12/12/2006, 2:31 PM
dunno really what the point of any signature :D

you no what i mean,what you have against the man?

don ramo
12/12/2006, 4:55 PM
ah j**** its only for fun no need to be taken seriously:D

bellavistaman
15/12/2006, 5:36 PM
their was nothing the club could do. people who have the clubs best interest at heart would prefer to wait two weeks than to see the club lose a big amount of money like that.

Comic Book Guy
15/12/2006, 6:46 PM
The draw is now going to take place on Christmas eve at 9pm in the clubhouse.:ball:

ramblers
15/12/2006, 6:49 PM
Thats good thinking by the club keep on earning interest while the money sits in their account.

don ramo
15/12/2006, 8:00 PM
ya thell have id say 10 free pints to give out on the night:D
sure it doesnt matter it was only two weeks, remember the house draw, a six month delay now that was a shocking comitee, i see things have improved under barry walsh,

ramblers
16/12/2006, 11:48 AM
Thats great we judge the commitee on the length of time it takes them to have the draw after the original date.

Was Barry not on the commitee at the time of the house draw as well!?

Now that dave breen has left sure we wont need the money!!!!

don ramo
16/12/2006, 9:17 PM
thats right our players are leavin off with them if they dont want to play for the club **** them. and being on the comitee and being the top man are slightly different when barry was on the comitee he wanted to sort th problems out, and its that comitee that will try and get back in, they had a fair few years to get the club sorted and failed misseribly, and bary has been there two years, what the hell can you achieve in two years, hes gettin the grants, no problems with them, the ground will be redeveloped probaby not the schedual we want but there is notin else you can do, unless bertie is on you comitee,

Bertie for president :D