PDA

View Full Version : Its Decision Time

Terry
11/12/2006, 8:33 AM
Well its Dec 11th and the clubs are going to find out where they stand in the delaney divisions today. I would just like to wish everyone one the best of luck and hope that the FAI, IAG or whoever do everyting openingly and by the rules they set out themselves.

Peadar
11/12/2006, 8:40 AM
I would like to provisionally welcome Galway Utd. and Shamrock Rovers to the top division in Irish football. Looking forward to seeing you in the new season.

BrayUnknowns
11/12/2006, 9:03 AM
Galway's on the field points are well behind there closest rivals - Bray, and even further behind the next closest which is UCD. There on the field is not going to be that much better than Bray's (as our's should be marked very well) that they over take us. The gap is to big between them and UCD.

Pauro 76
11/12/2006, 9:08 AM
when is the league line-up being announced?

GuisaSaigon
11/12/2006, 9:12 AM
Will an announcement be made today ? Unsurprisingly there's no mention of it on the FAI website. If anyone gets any info post it here, please.

harps1954
11/12/2006, 9:14 AM
Apparently, the clubs will be informed individually this morning of their whereabouts for next season and there is a press conference at 4.00pm this evening to make the announcements public.

gustavo
11/12/2006, 9:22 AM
How likely is this (http://foot.ie/showpost.php?p=587963&postcount=4)?

Rory H
11/12/2006, 9:24 AM
unlikely...

am slightly nervous...ya never know with the fai...

Conor H
11/12/2006, 9:41 AM
Looking forward to visting all the premier Grounds next year.

Louth4sam
11/12/2006, 9:45 AM

Why you supporting Sligo next year?

Redzer
11/12/2006, 9:46 AM

If you are spending your holidays in the beautiful Yeats County, you will be more than welcome to drop in to the Showgies:p

Carotheplayer
11/12/2006, 9:56 AM
The Iag will give there recommendations to the F.A.I. at midday today in the Citywest Hotel. They will probably go to lunch then. At 2.30pm the F.A.I. will call in each clun individually starting alphabetically. They will simply be informed what Division they will start in next season. The clubs will probably start firing it on the Websites straight away, but we should have unconfirmed reports fairly quickly. Dundalk will be one of the first clubs in, Galway won't be too far behind them.

Carotheplayer
11/12/2006, 10:01 AM
The Iag wil meet the F.A.I. at the Citywest hotel at approximately 12 noon. This will be a private meeting and they will give the F.A.I. the list of what teams they recommend to partake in the new premier and first divisions respectively.

At 2.30pm (after grub) the F.A.I. will call each club individually (and alphabetically) and inform them if they are in the Premier or if they are not. Bray will be in first and Dundalk soon after. I'd say it will be done quickly as it is bound to leak and Waterford may know their fate before they even get to the room.

Best of luck to all concerned

Peadar
11/12/2006, 10:02 AM
Surely Bray will know before Dundalk and Galway?
If Bray are in, then that's one less place for one of the clubs hoping to step up.

Edit* Carotheplayer edited his post to clarify this...

Carotheplayer
11/12/2006, 10:09 AM
yeah Bray will know first. If they are out there will be some craic then. To be honest with Terryland's facilities I can't see Galway in the first division next season. I think Galway will be in the premier.

BrayUnknowns
11/12/2006, 10:17 AM
IF, and it's a big IF they stick to the marking rules they have set out themselves then there is no way Dundalk or Galway can get more points than us

cavan_fan
11/12/2006, 10:32 AM
What's the odds of someone visiting the lawyers tomorrow? Should run well into March.

KBurke
11/12/2006, 10:36 AM
IF, and it's a big IF they stick to the marking rules they have set out themselves then there is no way Dundalk or Galway can get more points than us

Galway Utd are only 70 points behind after the on the field pts are added up and with 500 pts still up for grabs they are still in with a chance. Lets all stop speculating and just wait and see.

KBurke
11/12/2006, 10:37 AM
What's the odds of someone visiting the lawyers tomorrow? Should run well into March.

No change they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. All clubs signed an agreement with regards to the selection criteria so they can't run off to court just because they werent chosen.

Peadar
11/12/2006, 10:46 AM
All clubs signed an agreement with regards to the selection criteria so they can't run off to court just because they werent chosen.

Just as long as you're not changing that to "we" this afternoon. :D

Macy
11/12/2006, 10:47 AM
All clubs signed an agreement with regards to the selection criteria so they can't run off to court just because they werent chosen.
They can if the selection criteria wasn't followed.

cavan_fan
11/12/2006, 10:52 AM
Of course they can go to court. This is the FAI, the kings of poorly phrased rules. The on the field points may be indisputable (though I can see some discussions about e.g. results against Dublin City) but the off the field points are basically subjective. How many points are every 100 seats worth, more or less than the number of development officers. Does a full time development officer equal one or two part time ones. I could go on!

Terry
11/12/2006, 11:11 AM
why are bray first? is everybody disregarding Athlone already !!!!!!

Schumi
11/12/2006, 11:26 AM
This alphabetical order thing is just more anti-UCD bias. I suppose by Galway, we'll all know anyway.
why are bray first? is everybody disregarding Athlone already !!!!!!Athlone don't have a premier licence. If they get in, there's something very fishy going on!

Battery Rover
11/12/2006, 11:32 AM
Athlone don't have a premier licence.

We didn't even bother applying for the Premier one considering we weren't going to be in it next year anyways.

The Rebel Ram
11/12/2006, 11:45 AM
Hope you all aren't disregarding Ramblers, They are still an outside chance! Everthing is top notch except for their league position of 4th this year!:o